Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I made sure i have 2 of every dragon and placed them in my hibernation cave. I now have mostly Rainbow and LY dragons that are giving me money.

I have 500mil saved up for when the next levels are released so i can unlock the remaining 3 gold statues and level up at the same time

2. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    For those of you who are trying to breed the dodo dragon, I just wanted to let you know that I was successful with earth and fog, hopefully that may help some of you. Good luck everyone.

3. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Oh and thank you girlpower for keeping me up to date about the steel and the dodo! ;)

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Now....c'mon Jazbo....you can have your cry to feel better, but then you are going to pick yourself back up, roll those sleeves up and forge ahead.

As you have said in the past, you have been pretty lucky with your dragon breeding.....gotta get a challenging one now and then ....

I like the sound of daydream breeding......bit like auto pilot when breeding the same combo type....I must say that I have also tried growing up chrome fails to have at least part of the combo with fresh dragons a fee times....that seems to have worked for a few of us in the past also...patience is what we both need :rolleyes:

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yay....welcome back MaLiesa :D
    You did very well getting your Dodo....and you are very welcome ;)

6. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    After too many fails to mention ... I leveled up my Earth dragon to 13 (from 11) .. Bred with Chrome (10) in EBI ... And voila! 16 hour timer! thanks Deeneez!

7. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Heehee! Okay okay, so I have set alarms, put my phone on vibrate and hid it under my pillow so my husband won't know and make fun of me! Haha

And yes try some daydream breeding... autopilot is so much more relaxing. I used to clinch my teeth and get all huffy after many fails. I think I went to a happy place out of self-preservation.

8. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    You'll absolutely get your dodo! I love how dedicated you are. I agree with switching back to earth and chrome (gotta luv that short breeding time & high money yield). I switch the two earths and chromes with each other every time. It's just a weird thing I do. Now with my daughter's bloom... we're about to strangle the iPod if it had a neck! The one or two try people... It's so good for them but painful to watch; like a defunct typewriter watching a voice-controlled pc.

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thank you Sofalv Broke....I really liked your post...haha, teeth clenching, been there too....sometimes wondered why my jaw was sore, didn't always realize I was clenching.....autopilot is so much better for ones health haha.

Aww, sorry your daughter still hasn't had bloom luck....
    Hmm...probably nothing I can add that she hasn't already done.

Storm has been kind to me on this front and in the past....

I know both my plant/storm were lvl 10 and I did them one way, then in reverse....only took a few tries this time, so I was extremely lucky.

Dont know why but lvl 10 seemed significant as a few wiki posters were using that lvl too, I know many say it doesn't matter, but I guess if it works twice and well....we tend to stick to that philosophy (right or wrong)

Also, has she tried with fresh dragons.....at least having one of the combos, say plant as it doesn't cost much to buy, feed it up to say 10 and breed it straight away with perhaps another lvl 10 storm?

This has also worked for me in the past.....I kind of also think some combos just work better for some and they are rascals for another....plus there's just the plain old random feature at play big time....

Now if only that failed crystal also produced a ‘crystal ball' I would have all the answers LOL....gotta keep the humor up as laughing is good for the soul.
    Thankfully bloom is still available, really hope she gets one, stakes are that much higher when it's a limited one....(just not sure for how long)

10. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I've still been trying to get a steel dragon, just tried iron/cold and now have a 14hr wait.

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3671 Foxtail2010, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Yay! I just did this too, and voila!! 16! Thanks Mmclowes & Deeneez! I had just put myself in daydream breeding mode too ... thanks sofalv!

Grats on your steel, cazblu! I'm still trying for Steel#2.

Sofalv - Your daughter will absolutely get her Bloomy, I know it! I feel it! Just keep trying and suddenly there it is, so with all her determination she's due to get one. Many of us get that elusive dragon after posting the frustration.. or rant..lol. After many Bloom tries, Plant 10/Storm 11 and Clover 10/Storm 10 were my winners.

12. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I have dreamed about this game. I was working so hard to get the dragons my husband said why do you have to have all of them and I told him I love the dragons. I use to collect dragons. I just have very little patience. I collected dolls you had to wait until they made them to get them sometimes over 6 months. I am better at than I use to be but I am older to. I hope everyone gets the dragons. The only one I do not have beside Dodo is reindeer one I would love to have.

13. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    But I had my really hard one with clover!!!!! I tried hundreds of times and finally had to give in and buy it!!!!! I want an easy one now!!!!!!.... Please picture me stamping my feet like a petulant child at this point!!!!!!! And SCREAMING VERY VERY LOUDLY!!!!

I feel so much better now :D:D:D

14. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Oh, Timeless! I wish we could trade or gift dragons, if only for the rares that people have missed. I'd give you a Reindeer if I could...:(
    Oh, and yes I have dreamed about this game and I still collect dragons :D That's how I found DV, was searching the app store for a game with dragons in it. As luck would have it, it was only a couple weeks after DV launched. It's amazing to watch the number of players grow so quickly. It must be really frustrating for latecomers to have missed some of the rares.
    In the spirit of full disclosure, I have set my alarm to tend to the dragons, but mostly, since I'm a light sleeper, the iPods alert that something has hatched, etc, wakes me so I can tend to them. It's no wonder I'm always tired!
    @Sofalv, this is why I'm so into autopilot daydream breeding myself! :D Keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter to get her Bloom!

15. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    congrats! what level were your dragons? epic or reg cave?

16. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ouch Jazbo! I heard your screaming all the way up here in Phila, USA! :D
    Surely this level of ranting should inspire a Dodo success! You are cracking me up and starting my day with a chuckle. I feel your pain. Brings back memories of Sandstorm & Frosty- I finally got them and you WILL get your Dodo.

@Girlpower- sending you wishes for your Dodo, too! I haven't had success with a second or for a second Steel, but I'm grateful for at least one of each. The earlier Metals were so easy I think they spoiled us! :p

17. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am home sick today and all your posts have made my day! Thanks for sharing everyone...and good luck to all. I tried bumping up my earth and chrome but still no dodo.

18. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    THat is so sweet thank you I would do the same for people who have not gotten the ones I have. I would get up at night to check my eggs and still do with new dragons. I just got a dodo with chrome and earth in the epic cave and than I got a 4hour after and now I have another 16 hour in the epic cave. With chrome and earth in that order.

19. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Good luck every one fingers crossed .

20. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I'm new

Long time lurker first post today! Love this forum it is so supportive of everyone. I have all dragons apart from moon, dodo and bone(started too late for that one, roll on October!) and bought none with gems and bred without the EBC, now saving all my gems from the colleseum to buy it so I can breed high earners.
    I thought I'd join so I can have an occasional rant about the moon dragon which won't come my way, as this seems to work so well for you all :)
    I need friends to give my 3 gems away to, haven't got the tree but 3 is better than none! (GC id happyhacker100)