Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks Alyjens - I think its good to share pain from time to time!!! My breeding caves are both empty at the moment as I got into a bit of a strop!! Think I've calmed down enough now to give it another go! I WILL get my Dodo!! Please send lots of positive vibes my way! I'll be sending them back your way! :D

2. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have new friends to rant with!! I think you'll find most people here very friendly and helpful, lots of ideas come from here!

For the moon dragon, I think you'll find most people agree that you need to breed it at night and most people got it with the same combo they used for the sun. I got mine at 11pm using blazing/mud but I know that there are lots of other combos you can use! :)

3. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks JBD, I have kept notes of what worked for the Suns, so I will try those I sent you a gift, I hope it was a gem, it's so good to have Dv friends at last:)

4. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Yes it was a gem thank you! Will send one back as soon as my tree fills up again - some time tomorrow!

Good luck with your moon! I've just had 3 more dodo fails :(

5. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I presume that DV originates in the US, so should it be night here (UK) or night in the States? Have often pondered this one as I had yet another Moon fail lol:)

6. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Well, mine was night time in the UK, but it could have been a fluke......luck of the draw? Who knows with DV? :D

7. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Sun/Moon help

Good day everyone, another sunny day at DV! I have read Sun/Moon depends on your idevice's internal clock, normally set to the local time where you and your device are when breeding. The cutoff is 7PM-7AM during night time is Moon and 7AM-7PM is a Sun. There was some time months ago that this rule did not hold but seems the glitch was fixed.

I was helping my daughter still try for her first Bloom last night and got a 48 hour time with Storm and Plant. She doesn't have a Moon yet so we will know tomorrow the outcome and hopefully Bloom will still be around. It should be a Moon because it was bred between 10-11PM. Love and Cold have also worked well for Sun/Moon according to other forum friends. It takes at least three element types and two need to be Cold and Lightning.

I have over 30 fails trying for Steel and Dodo (will rename the first Dodo I get "Dodo"). My first Sandstorm was "Cucoo" so I kept the name after months of trying. I decided to simplify the Steel breeding and went with Metal and Cold, 2nd and 3rd tries with Metal lev 10 and Cold lev 6 is working for me, with 1 Steel egg in Nursery and another incubating. For the Dodo I am continuing with Chrome/Earth same as many others!

Good luck everyone!

8. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I used level nine earth and level fifteen fog in the regular breeding cave. Hopefully you will have a dodo soon!

9. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Hopefully all of you will get a dodo soon!

10. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    STockpiling them in a maxed out cave... Won't be sufficient :(

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3691 Foxtail2010, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    Good news!

Hey guys, had such a busy day that I left my regular cave unfilled with breeders.. oops. Just stuck a Steel 13/Metal 10 in the reg cave ... 14 hr! Kinda unlikely it's a Mountain, right? Too much Metal in the mix... so must be Steely #2, yay!
    That's a Dodo and Steel in the same day... wooooo! So now I'm sending virtual blessings to all of you... May the dragons smile upon you with good fortune!

EDIT 1:
    And welcome Crusty! I just caught up on forum reading. Really love it when we hear from lurkers... the more the merrier!

EDIT 2:
    Another thought: @Crusty- give Cold/Love a try for Moon. I got 2 Suns and 2nd Moon (plus Rainbow & Frosty) from this combo. Also, my first Moon was Blue Fire/Storm.

12. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Welcome Crusty! I recently joined the forum also after reading posts and getting great dragon intel. Whether or not I have anything to add, I totally feel like part of a large loving family. If DV is listening I agree that trading dragons would be a fantastic addition.... I was lucky enough to begin playing in February ... But I only earned a single love and leap year, I've gotten smarter since then! Read the posts and share both your successes and failures! Happy breeding everyone!

13. icrit041905

icrit041905 Active Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I guess ur fine u just missed, umm, bone,reindeer, mm.. Theyll be back sometime so be happy!!

14. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    More good news

"Dodo" is on the way! Another fail tonight on the EBI, so I put an Earth lev 6 with one of my new Chromes (after leveling to lev 4) in the Breeding Cave and got a 16 hour timer. Can't wait to see the flightless Dodo standing on the top of a large Air habitat with my Sandstorms. Each dragon success is unique and special when it happens. Good luck y'all!

15. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3695 girlpower, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    Aww, so happy for ya TT.....after reading your post so positively written about the amount of fails so far, no rant even ....LOL, that made me feel very humble.

You are very deserving of this success. (big thumbs up)
    I actually levelled my earth up to 13, paired with chrome lvl 10, as this worked for a couple of posters, so far this has netted me another 3 fails.....I have also been using new chromes when I can.

Thought I would also give steel another go as my yucky 24 hr crystal timer is finally out of my EBC....no go yet....but I am just chilling out on auto pilot or daydream breeding....this really does make such a difference and ‘if' I do end up being one of the last to get Dodo....well so be it.....really helps to have another app to play outside of this one.....one DARE that I am pleased I took the bait on. :p

It's great to also have some new lurkers turned posters on here.....welcome ;)

16. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Thank you for reminding me of the level 10 tip! I had her try fresh dragons a few times mixed with old ones, tried levels 4's but never new ones levelled to 10. Good ideas! Right now she has another sun or 48 something to wait on (poor thing is a Gem-spend-a-holic and cannot save for that EBI no matter how much coaxing I do). I'm just hoping it's hangs around just a tad bit longer. My daughter is such a girlie girl and adores the Love and Bloom dragon (both elusive to her).

Absolutely want that crystal ball dragon!! Oh that would be fabulous...pay it gems and get hints of what to do next.

Keep working on that dodo... it has to come.

On other news, I put a steel and a chrome in the breeding cave just for fun and I have a 14 hour wait time?! I wonder if a steel and a chrome can make another steel? It can't be mountain because there is no earth element. So for those looking for a second steel, I'll let you know for certain if steel and chrome can produce that.

17. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Aww girlie, I really want you to get a Steel (do u have 1?) and a Dodo ..ASAP! Yes, the daydream autopilot breeding method is the way to live long and prosper. :) You go girl!

Hey Jaz! I opened Tribez. Yep, I'm hooked - sweet game - thank you very much! :p

18. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hey girlpower and foxtail!!

So glad you're enjoying the new game - would have felt bad recommending something that no one else enjoyed!! I think the tribez is a great game, even dreaming about it now!! A bit like I did with DV for a while - how sad am I? It's that addictive personality of mine kicking in I think!! :p

Still having NO LUCK with the blessed Dodo!!! Lost count of the fails now :( not giving up yet, but feeling a bit disheartened! Any new advice would be welcome!

19. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes! I would love to be able to give away a rare to a brother or sister in need! :)

20. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Has anyone had any luck in breeding a second Dodo with their first one? :cool: