Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    One of the best bits now is visiting my new friends DV islands- Foxy is that a landing strip for dragons on yours? Lol :D

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I wouldn't have a clue how to start a thread!! I'm not a 'switched on' teenager!! It was quite a major thing for me when I joined this forum!! So get off your knees girlpower, begging doesn't suit you!! :D:D:D

SAKURA, I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU ON MY ISLAND!!! Why can't I breed one??? The sheer horror of 12 and 14 hour fails, my gems have dwindled and I'm fed up!!! Sob sob sob!!! Tree/flower Flower/tree works for everyone but me!!

I see we only have 2 weeks for this one so better pull myself together and try try try again!!! :p

3. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    I was celebrating when I got a 10hr timer on first attempt at getting a Sakura only for it to be a lava :(
    Now on my fourth attempt in EBI with tree/flower and fifth attempt in BC same combo and I have 2 10hr timers.... Fingers crossed that at least one is a beautiful blossom dragon!
    I'll update in the morning as I am all out if gems so can't speed them up... I am too impatient #

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #3744 Aiera Kyoto, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Don't give up Jazbodooley, you can do it! Like you said, we still have two weeks left until Sakura goes away.
    Maybe there is a smaller chance that Tree/Fire will result in 14 hour fails because you can just breeding a Tree (Earth and Plant) with a Fire (just Fire). With Tree/Flower, the chances are higher since Flower is Plant and Fire.

5. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Finally got my second Sakura egg :rolleyes: :D. I swapped my 15 level around and used Flower+ Tree

Now I can go into relaxed auto mode to work on that second Dodo and $ for that sixth island. Which I'm going to fill with nothing but Sakura, Blossom, and Love dragons... :D:D: :D :D

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I finally got it on flower and tree in that order good luck.

7. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I have gotten 4 Lavas with the Tree/Flower combo. I see some people are switching them and having good luck so I will try it next. Fingers crossed for me too.

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3748 girlpower, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    Okay, then here you go

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=131204

I got proactive and started the thread....and yeah begging doesn't suit me, sore knees and back now :D

As you are the instigator of the app on here, can you please go and post in there now then......
    Apologies to DV posters, sorry to hijack this thread...last time.

I have a 10 hr time that's ready to finish, but I dont want to hit the button cause of Lava....the two 30 min fails we're blissful, then came two 14 hrs, one 12 and one 10....I better go check, then back to report what it is :eek:

Oh well, it was a lava....that was my gut feeling anyway, back to the breeding cave we go....Ive still got two weeks right? bred in reverse order so flower/tree this time
    Not going to panic yet, no gems used either as I will buy one at the end only I really have to rather than miss out so luckily my gem hoarding and auto pilot patience is paying off.... :D

From memory, I read wiki posters started to get both clover and LY when it got closer to the end....maybe DV will loosen the strings a bit after they have laughed all the way to the gem bank....(dark humor?) :p

Hope you get yours very soon too Jazbo and everyone else still trying for their first
    Always tougher when just coming off so many Dodo fails too.....that's why I am trying real hard to keep to the auto pilot theme....both caves will be trying for the oh so pretty Sakura....I really like that name too

9. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Yay, got my first Sakura! One was a lava though # was really hoping they were both going to be flowery eggs, but that would have been too good to be true!
    Now for a second one!
    I daren't look at TribeZ... Too many essays to write and not enough time!

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3750 girlpower, Apr 21, 2012
    Another 10 hr has just finished.....this time it was a Sakura egg! :)
    Those 10 hr timers are such a two edged sword, BS must really love playing with
    our minds....like it couldn't have been 9.5 or 10.5 hrs could it.

Really hope those of you still trying for one get yours soon too....
    I do sometimes find it hard to post good news when I know some of my friends are still trying really hard
    to get their dragons :(
    Really looking forward to hearing your good news too

11. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #3751 Jazbodooley, Apr 21, 2012
    You're sooooo lucky!!! I may find it hard to be your friend now........ Only joking!! So pleased for you x am going to go and have a peak now! :p

I've had another 2 fails today, a 12 hour and a 14 hour, not speeding them up to try again, going to try to be patient and save my gems! Doesn't sound like me does it??

Every thread I read, either on here or the wiki says that tree/flower or vice versa are the best combo, but I must have had 10-15 fails now using those. What to try next?? Losing the will to carry on!!! It wouldnt be so bad if the fails weren't so long!! :mad:

Ps well done on the Tribez thread!! Have posted a reply there!!!

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Jazbo....
    I feel sad that you still dont have one yet my friend :(
    I do know how you feel.....Sandstorm was my 3 mth hair pulling, rant dragon.....funny how DODO has the same elements in reverse and gee, that's also starting to feel like I have been there, done that :rolleyes:
    Limited dragons are another matter though.....please hang in there, save your gems,,,I will throw a few extra your way, can't till 24 hrs time now though :(

I did read on wiki this morning that mud/poison both lvl 10 produced 2 x Sakuras in a row for someone, then somone else posted underneath that this combo really works......so I have tried this one for a second attempt and so far got 2 x 30 mins, and now 1 x 6 hr.....so maybe you could give this combo a go also?

Thanks for posting on the other thread I started....looking forward to reading it

13. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hey Girlpower no guilt- ok? You have certainly had your share of long frustrations for certain dragons. Besides, it gives those of us who keep getting 14 hr timers hope for the perfect 10! :D Good news is good. Good news is hope.

14. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Yep, totally agree with you Alyjens, no need for girlpower to feel guilty!! We all remember the sheer hell she went through with certain dragons!! I've been quite lucky in comparison (up til now that is!!). Dodo and Sakura just arent happening for me and had to buy clover as well!!

Will persevere though!! Sending lots of luck your way :p

15. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks for tip girlpower, will give that combo a try as soon as my caves are free!! AND DO NOT FEEL SAD FOR ME!! I know you've had a really tough time with some dragons, so now it's my turn!!

I'll give it a week and if no joy with Sakura by then I will give in and buy some gems to get her! I don't mind paying occasionally and she is SO pretty! Just imagine an island filled with just Love, Bloom and Sakura - I think it would look great! Thanks for offer of gems, always appreciated and always returned xx :D

Bit concerned with info you've given on other thread re Tribez, please read ASAP!!!!

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Aly & Jazbo :)
    I will keep checking wiki and if there's any other stand out combos I will let you know....maybe I am being overly sensitive....so, sending Sakura dragon positive vibes to all who are still waiting ;)

Amy news on your birthday present yet Aly??

17. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Tough dragons

The Sakura and Dodo have been the toughest dragons for me thus far! I may have missed this a ways back in the thread, but what have folks been using to get a Dodo? Thanks!

18. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Dodo is a hard one to breed ...similar to Sandstorm. But the key is Earth with an Air hybrid. I got my first one with earth+chrome in the epic island. No luck yet on a second one.

Dodo is going to be around as a regular market hybrid item. Whereas the Sakura is time limited. So I would advise working on the Sakura if you don't have one....as this may be your only chance to get one :eek:

19. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Yay got my first Sakura, fifth or sixth attempt alternating flower and tree:D, now got a 12 hour wait trying for another :( keep trying everyone there will be at least one for you all I'm sure back to dodo and moon now for me

20. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Well..... Hubby told me today that it's a go and he wants to compare version 2 & 3! Even though I told him I'd be happy with #2. Think he's trying to cheer me up since I fainted last night at dinner with my daughter and am now in the hospital. Sure wish I had it now! :D Have a couple more weeks to wait.:rolleyes:
    At least I have a lot of time to keep chasing Sakura & a second Dodo.:eek: