Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Sending you vibes for getting better soon Aly, but enjoy the time you can spend concentrating on your dragons with no distractions ;)

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Sorry to hear you're poorly Aly, get well soon!!

I got my iPad 2 for my birthday last year and I absolutely love it!! I didnt really play games until I got this and I can't put it down now - much to my family's disgust!! I do use it for things other than games, shopping, email etc, it's not all fun and games!

Enjoy yours when you get it, which ever one your hubby decides on!

Good luck with the Sakura and get well soon.

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Having no luck with tree/flower or flower/tree to get a Sakura. 11 tries now and 5-10hrs and now 2-12 hrs.
    Saw that girlpower mentioned using Mud/Posion, has anyone had luck with this combo? Not panicking yet and using to many gems to speed things up but looking for other combos.

4. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sounds like my kinda island!

5. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    dont feel bad! you have had your share of hard times!

6. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't give up...you can do it! If I can do it anyone can! Still no Dodo for me!

7. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    Yikes! I hope you are OK. And I am sure your ipad will be in your hands soon!
    Get well soon.

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh Aly,
    sorry to hear what happened, hope you are okay and will be home again soon.
    Sending cyber hugs your way....GRR this apple auto correct can get me into trouble at times....it just changed this to cyber ‘bugs' instead of hugs.....now that would be a real cheery message for you wouldn't it :rolleyes:

Hope you breed your Sakura whilst there as a get well present from BS ;)

Regarding both iPads....
    I don't know anyone who has the latest one but here in Australia there were media report of it possibly overheating?
    Haven't heard anymore but maybe hubby can check on that beforehand.

Not long to go and you will have your iPad....look out when you do, expect to see you on the TribeZ thread :D

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I did try the mud/poison combo 4 times in one cave whilst sticking with flower/ tree in the other (as this combo did end up giving me a Sakura after those awful long fails being experienced).....

Ended up using mud/poison 4 times....got much shorter fail times with 3 x 30 min, 1 x 5 or 6 hrs?
    Probably would have kept with this combo but to my absolute shock, I just finished another 10 hr timer from last night...fully expected to see a lava egg today, blow me over it was a second Sakura.....so I am extremely lucky this time as this was so unexpected.

Both my Sakuras ended up being with the infamous flower/ tree combo.
    I tired different lvls and reverse order but my winning combo for both was this
    Flower lvl 15 / tree lvl 10, I didn't speed anything up, just waited it out with the mindset of ‘what will be' I guess knowing I still had 2 weeks or just under.
    Finally realizing this is a more enjoyable way to play this game....

I will have to keep this in mind as the elusive DODO pops back into my thoughts

I really, really hope this combo may work for someone else too

10. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @girlpower, thanks for the info. I have been using a Flower 12/ Tree 11. Have a new Tree that will be ready tomorrow morning so will keep it and take it to level 10 and my Flower to 15. Hopefully it will work:)

My regular cave will be open tomorrow evening so I will try the Mud/Posion there. Will let the thread know what my luck is. May take a while since I have decided not to use any gems for a couple of days to speed things up.

11. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Thank's Girlpower for the cyber "bugs"- (Hee Hee!) & get well wishes. I got to go home late this afternoon & feeling better- just tired. Thank everyone for your well wishes-:)
    I was so bummed that I didn't have my iPod with me to check on my dragons, but Hubby drove all the way home to get it for me. BFS still didn't send me a Sakura....:mad:

The iPad 3 does run hotter, but no reports of overheating that I've heard. Apple says its due to more features & bigger battery. I have to look into it more. Oh, and you bet I'm checking out Tribez!! But nothing can beat DV!!! As frustrating as it is, I love the randomness.
    Wishing all of you successful Sakura & Dodo breeding!!!

12. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Thanks for visiting! If I'd known you were coming, I would have tidied up a bit. Landing strip- Hee hee.

13. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Alyjens...
    Glad you are home and on the mend!

14. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I finally got Sakura with Flower/Tree (both level 11 on EBI and level 10 on the regular Breeding cave).

Dodo was a funny one... I was working on it with Earth/Chrome and Earth/Blazing and other combinations (all level 10s) until I found out about Sakura. After getting two Sakuras today, however, I decided to try Earth/Chrome today and got the 16 hour timer on EBI!

15. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Woo woo really lucky weekend, first a Sakura on Friday (flower plus tree) now have a dodo incubating (chrome plus earth) nearly enough gems to buy the breeding island thanks to everyone who has sent them to me, I will pay back as I have made a note of who has sent :), now for moon as might just be third time lucky too :D

16. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    @Aiera- WTG! 2 Sakuras AND a Dodo in one weekend!!? Lucky you!

@Crusty- you've had quite the lucky weekend yourself!

Congrats to both of you! Now quit hogging all the luck so the rest of us can get a Sakura :D Have had absolutely no luck here....waaaaaaa!!!!!:(
    @Jazbo- you don't mind if I join you in a crying, stamping feet rant, do you? :D

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Something werid is going on. I was about ready to try Mud/Poison for Sakura in my regular breeding cave and when I went into the Sandbox site to check what other dragons I might get, the Sakura possibility was gone?? I know it was there yesterday.

18. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    Glad you are home and on the mend. Keep trying flower + tree it worked twice for me. Don't worry I am not hogging all the luck as the Dodo still eludes me.
    Good luck everyone...

19. hookedat40

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know what you mean by 'sandbox site' ? I carelessly sold one of my Reindeer's by accident while trying to move things around...other than the glitch with the metal event in the Colosseum, I haven't heard of any dragons disappearing. Unless you mean the window for breeding this time-limited dragon has closed?!

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Is Sandbox a DV dragon breeding site Dean?
    It still available in the egg market, so maybe look on the wiki site instead...this is where I got the mud/poison combo from....let us know how you go.

I am still on my auto pilot mission for the elusive DODO.

& Jazbo, Alyjens.....aww, feel for you gals...it's gotta happen soon :(
    Have you possible tried my combo level of flower(15) tree (10)?
    You have probably tried every lvl of this combo by now....keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending cyber hugs