Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Girlpower! Glad to hear the spell is broken and you finally got your Dodo! Trouble is, the shock of it broke DV! Hee Hee!!!! :D Yes GC & DV have been a bit touchy here as well. Had to shut down & reboot.

Finally have my second Dodo cooking. Worked with a new level 4 Chrome & a 15 Earth. Now I can relax & breed for profit to go for the gold.

Lel0501, congrats on your Sakura!!!

2. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3902 Yasha65, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    @ girlpower: F I N A L L Y!!!
    And OF COURSE they had kick an a major scare tactic too. Come on, it was too good to be true, yes? ;)

When GC does things like that, I usually open DV without GC. I hate when GC fails. It has happened with DV as well though. *mad*

Nice to see that your auto pilot succedded, now for #2?:p Congrats on yours Alyjens! :)

3. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Woo Hoo! The auto pilot breeding worked for me as well :D. Just before setting out on a road trip this morn, I was in such a hurray I place my dragons in the breeders without even looking to see what timers were set. Just Stopped at an all nite dinner with wifi....The dragon fairies have finally blessed me with my second Dodo!

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3904 girlpower, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Thanks for your good wishes.....wowee, here you guys are on your second Dodo and I am pleased to have my first finally....that was some committed auto pilot breeding for sure....not sure if I am ready to go through all that for a second one yet Aly & Yash, may need a Dodo break for a bit, but I will throw them back in once they have finished cooking this one (hey, miracles can happen right?) ;)

Trying so long for this Dodo has seriously hindered me from breeding purely to sell for coins to grow food treats....

This game is ‘finally' teaching me some much needed patience (not normally one of my strong points) :rolleyes:

5. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    And then there were 2!

Hooray second 10 hour turned out to be second Sakura. Happy dance completed. Same combo as before. Thanks for all the good wishes on my first. Sending lots of good luck vibes to all of you yet to achieve. Had a good run of luck yesterday as got second dodo on first time of trying too. So it's back to the shrines now, have yet to turn any to gold, here's hoping for more habitats with the next update :):)

6. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Great, there's some serious good luck flying around at the moment, I now have two dodos and two sakuras, so it's back to breeding for high earners for treats, going for gold and at least one moon attempt a day for me, and stashing gems toasted my tree. Happy breeding, everyone :D

7. Yoora-Chan

Yoora-Chan Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Help please!

Ok guys I have been slacking on my playing and just got back to it last week I have already managed to breed 2 bloom and 2 Sakura. But I don't know the best breeding combo for dodo, also I forgot the best combos for blue fire, frost fire, sun, moon, and rainbow. Help please!!!

8. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Good to have you back I used earth and chrome for dodo and firefly and snow for rainbow.moon and sun. Some say earth and fog for dodo I never got it with that I just kept using earth and chrome and finally got two of them back to back. Good Luck.

9. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #3909 Aiera Kyoto, Apr 29, 2012
    Hello Yoora-Chan~ Hope these combos help:
    For my Sun, I used Fire/Storm (both level 10s) during the daytime. It was around 10 a.m. when I got the 48 hour timer.
    For my Moons, I had used BlueFire/Crystal (both level 10s) and Fire/Storm (level 10s) during the night. One was at 11, the other was at around midnight.
    For my Rainbow, I used Mud/Blazing (also level 10s) at my friend's suggestion.

Unfortunately, I don't remember what I used to get Bluefire and Frostfire because I got them fairly easily and I didn't think it was that hard to get...

Oh, I and I just got Dodo last week with Earth/Chrome (level 10s) in the Epic Breeding Cave. Good luck!

10. jrey02

jrey02 New Member

Apr 21, 2012
    #3910 jrey02, Apr 29, 2012
    Could someone give me the best possible combinations for breeding Rainbow, Panlong, Moon and Sun. I have tried Fire/Storm about 10 times and haven't gotten a sun so I'm worried that it isn't possible to get from that combination. I have also been trying Water/Firefly 5-10 times and have had no luck with moon. Could someone give me a CONFIRMED combination for those four dragons. Thanks!

11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Dodo = Earth/Chrome
    Blue Fire = Fire/Ice OR Fire/Frost Fire
    Frost Fire = Fire/Ice OR Cold/Blue Fire
    Sun = Cold/Lightning OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love
    Moon = Cold/Lightning OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love
    Rainbow = Firefly/Seaweed OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Panlong = Mud/Blazing
    Sun = Cold/Lightning OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love
    Moon = Cold/Lightning OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love
    Rainbow = Firefly/Seaweed OR Blue Fire/Crystal OR Cold/Love

13. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats to everyone that are finally getting Sakura and Dodo. Looks like it has been a good few days for the thread. I am hoping that it is contagious.

I am now getting ready to start my 100 try for my second Rainbow:( I have used magnetic/flower (which gave me my first one), brass/cactus, firefly/swamp and mud/blazing. I am using girlpower's autopilot breeding plan and a bottle of ChocoVine wine. :D

14. Yoora-Chan

Yoora-Chan Member

Sep 21, 2011
    :)

Thanks everyone for your help wish me luck with breeding because I never get what I'm breeding for easy...

15. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yay! doing the happy dance for you...:)

16. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just caught up on 3 days worth of posts and there appears to be a lot of luck flying around. Congrats to all! Autopilot breeding for Dodo still hasn't worked for me :( Going to try some fresh dragons (again!).
    I got a giggle from the girly and manly dragon comments...I like trying to guess the gender (and age range!) of my friends here. Happy Breeding!

17. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3917 Foxtail2010, Apr 29, 2012
    Cold/Love is so good at producing 48 hr timers that it's almost scary. I got Rainbow, Sun, Moon and Panlong out of it. Good luck!

EDIT:
    Wait a sec... I goofed. Scratch the Panlong. It was a Frostfire. Sorryyyyy!!

18. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yummmmm! Chocolate AND wine! That's a great recipe for auto-pilot-daydream-"I don't care" breeding! I predict imminent success :D

19. jrey02

jrey02 New Member

Apr 21, 2012
    I don't have the love dragon because I started playing a little late :/

20. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Great way to encourage autopilot breeding! Could use a glass right now!