Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hi Hooked! I was having no luck for my second Dodo until I leveled up a third new Chrome to only a 4 & put it with a 15 Earth on the right. Good luck!

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I stopped playing this game around april 1st (just when invisible dragon prank was around) then last night I saw on FB " bloom dragon last call" and I was like crap I thought the bloom dragon would have be gone ages ago..I logged onto DV And had accumulated 170 gems from gifters, spent every bloody gem trying for bloom, failed, then I thought crap maybe I had to update DV first..updated DV and went to bed..tried in the morning in EBC and normal, failed, then used my last 5 gems to speed up a fail in EBC, tried storm and plant and got a bloom. Phewwwfff.. I regret disowning dragonvale, I'll never leave you again baby! I promise.
    Of course I'd rather 2, but with only hours to go until bloom is gone I doubt that'll happen. Happy to have one though, my OCD would require me to have a mental breakdown if I missed a dragon.. Even though I stopped playing..the thought of not having an exclusive dragon makes me feel so uneasy.
    Going to have o write up a new dragon shrine guide now, the new metal dragons probably make the old guide obsolete. Though everyone probably has gold shrines by now.. Everyone but me. Now I need Dodo & Sakura..then I'll worry about the ugly metal draggees.

3. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Welcome back! Give Storm and Lichen a try for a second bloom if you have time. I was trying forever for my children and a DV poster helped me out remembering this combo. Good luck!! Sakura.... have found that all the Sakuras for my family have come about at 11 pm at night (tree and flower... level 10 for one and 15 for the other... have noticed no difference between the two).

4. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Welcome back! - You're not the only one- no gold shrines for me either.
    Metals are easy! Buy a Metal and start breeding cuz you'll need a Chrome (metal) for the Dodo...Earth/Chrome.

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Personal opinion here- make the Flower level higher than Tree. Flower fail waits are shorter than Tree fails. :)

6. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I finally got my steel, and a second steel using my first one and flower. I got two sakuras, and finally got my frostfire! All I need now is a rainbow..got a second moon while trying for others.

7. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thank you hooked! I still have a warm glow when I look at my DV Islands and see the lovely purple dragons! I have 5 now as they're so pretty and I'm finally having a go at trying for gold on my shrines! :D think it may take me a VERY long time! :D

Any luck with your dodo yet???

8. Hammy2021

Hammy2021 New Member

May 1, 2012
    I need gems please!!!

Hey add me on gamecenter Hammy2021!! will send gems back if you send some!

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tannorexic
    Though everyone probably has gold shrines by now.. Everyone but me. Now I need Dodo & Sakura..then I'll worry about the ugly metal draggees.

+1 to no gold shrines yet

10. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Still no Dodo...perhaps I should breed a few more pretty purple dragons to break the monotony of earth/chrome fails...
    ps add me to the list of no gold shrines Tannorexic

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    With Eliminate shutting down, I started thinking about this game and its reliance on internet connection. If for any reason BS stops supporting the game everything will be lost! That is really something to consider before spending real money (which I have done too much of already).

12. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #3932 Tannorexic, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Thanks for all the info guys.. I have been out of the loop too long and my brain just couldn't function remembering the best ways To get a certain dragon... I used to compare combos by looking at the fail times, then choosing the combo that had the shortest time fails..
    I tried a litchen and plant ANOTHER BLOOM woohoo!
    I Cant believe I spent 170 gems speeding up fails and didn't get one bloom..then happened to get two in the last 15 hours the bloom was available.. I'm not sure if updating had anything to do with it or not ..but I've seen people on FB saying that they have tried for a bloom the entire time it was out and didn't get one.. So I'm really not too sure....maybe they didn't update.or maybe it can be a difficult one for some people..

But now my OCD is at peace knowing I have some pretty bloomies on my island. Definitely think they're the prettiest dragons in the game so far. Sakura is pretty cute too..and dodo

I'm glad I'm not the only one without the shrines. I don't feel so left out now! Even the d.v knowledge god, GP hasn't gotten them..so I definitely feel a bit less slack now.
    But if we just leave the shrines sitting there doing nothing..over time...someday they probably will turn gold.. There's probably no point grinding for gold shrines.. I just fear that someday DV will release certain dragons that can only be bred with level 20 dragons...but I doubt they could be that cruel, seriously.

I think my dv fixation is back. Dammit just when I thought I had escaped. Nah I love playing it.. But it can be bloody addictive.
    I actually played magic tree for a while..that's what broke my DV spell. If anyone is looking for another game to play similar to dv you should give it a go.. The thing that keeps me playing Dv is the randomness/luck of getting a rare dragon..it's almost like gambling.. Magic tree also has that feature.. There are rare magic trees you can get..I couldn't put the game down until I collected everyone.it only took a month though. Dv has so much more content. Thinking I've been playing dv for atleast 6 months now.it's a keeper, not a cheap throw away fling like most other freemiums.

13. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #3933 Tannorexic, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Have you guys tried sandstorm and earth for dodo?
    That's the combo I usually use for multiple sandstorms since the fails are only 5 mins...but now a sandstorm is also classed as a fail so also 2 hour fails.5mins, and 2 hour fails don't sound too bad..unless there's another wind/earth combo that's been added that I don't know about yet..but j don't think there is...

Edit

Just got sakura first try with lv 14 tree and lv 12 flower.

Also got dodo in EBC with sandstorm and earth, took a while, waited out the 5 min fails and skipped the 2 hour fails with gams.. Spent about 20-30 gems so around 15 tries

14. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    And another to add to the no gold shrines yet list, am going for blooms to get 3 sorted, then for panlongs to get the other 4, metal will have to wait a long long time :rolleyes: ..... Like I am having to do for my first moon :(

15. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Another add to the no gold shrine-list. In a slow pace, patiently breeding one Panlong at a time, I'm confident I'll get there with 4 shrines. Eventually.:p 34 now.

I'm a slow learner, so I only have 13 lvl 15 Pans in Hibernation cave. I realized that they really cost a lot to raise to lvl 15 (much more than they generate if I sell them), so I'm keeping as many of them I can so I can take them to 20 later.

As soon as a new dragon is released, I drop gold plans and concentrate on new dragons of course. :D If there ever will be a dragon that requires lvl 20, I will probably be forever doomed. :cool:

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Tannorexic......belated welcome back from me and big congrats on another Bloom, great to hear you snuck another in before it was too late yay :D

Talking addictive games....consider ‘The TribeZ' (only for iPads) and oh sooo addictive,
    @ Yasha....oh I see you have an iPad too... Hint, hint

@ Hooked.....ahh the Dodo....tough old bird for a few of us this one!
    I tired every combo from wiki a number of times, and earth/chrome sooo many times...incl. switching them around.
    Bred mine late at night with my overworked chrome (10) / earth (14)
    Not trying for another at this stage.....really hope you get yours soon ;)

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    At least metal dragons were all easy to get (steel was the only tricky add on)
    So that's some easy breeding when the time comes :)

18. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello

Hello! Been a lurker on this thread for a while now and wanted to say hi and thank you all for all the advice you give that has helped me out tons already! Currently working on the elusive dodo, been trying every combo I have seen posted here and on the wiki. Hope to be more of a productive forum member and help others like you all have helped me. You guys rock!

19. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    :p Haha, I've checked it out since y'all are so hooked. Really don't have the patience or time. :eek: Thanx for the hint though. :)

20. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Catching up

So had been away from here for a while and had just gotten caught up on all the post. I have gotten two of all the dragons(except bone started to late) and have also finally gotten to level 30 with my sixth island and have completed my baby island

If anyone is having trouble getting second sandstorm or dodo try breeding sandstorm and dodo together, I got both back to back with that combo

Also add me to the list of no gold, saving up coin to start