Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3981 eugekava, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Dragonvale clone? lets have a look-see.

Edit. wow! what a shameless rip-off. Oh well, I'll see how far it'll let me get for free.

2. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
    #3982 HennyBenny, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Hope we get something new soon.

3. DDAmatasu

DDAmatasu New Member

May 4, 2012
    Australia Melbourne
    Combinations

Hi
    i have some combinations for the sun dragon.

i have bred 2 sun dragons already so i hope this heaps some people

water + Storm = sun dragon
    snow + lightning = its a 50% chance of getting a sun dragon
    blue fire + crystal = sun dragon

i havent got a rainbow but if i do i'll let you guys know

4. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've been thinking. It IS boring not having new dragons to breed, but on the other hand we do have the quest for gold that takes a lot of time and keeps your breeding facilities busy forever. If you do it the right way that is... No cheating.

So, boring or not, we really need this in between-time, boring or not.

For those of you already lucky and finished workinghard and having all 8 gold shrines, that's a problem of course. You may be bored for a while?

Really trying to cheer us up a little. We'll be even happier when we get an update. :)

5. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Congrats Foxtail!
    @Jazbo I suggested my neighbor try Tribez last night and he is totally hooked! The irony is his last name starts with Z and he his signature says 'sent from my zpad' :p
    Wish I could have it on my iphone! Really tried of Dodo fails...really, really tired.
    In a couple more weeks I will have saved up enough gems to buy one! Has anyone got a surefire combo for breeding a second?
    I am totally unmotivated to get gold shrines...or to redecorate my islands. :(

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    So sorry you still don't have a Dodo :( Really not fair when you have been trying for such a long time now hooked. Wish I could offer up a winning combo...but as you know I took a while anyway and ended up just rebreeding chrome/earth
    continuously until......can't be bothered trying for a second one (did try a couple of times, but just lost interest).

I really wish the TribeZ was on iPhone too for those of you without iPads....
    I am really loving the app, totally get why your neighbour is already hooked (excuse the name pun).....such a welcome relief from nothing happening in DV. Jazbo found a winner with this one :D
    Sounds like you also need another ipone app as a fill in to escape the DV boredom?

7. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #3987 hookedat40, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words. I am sooo frustrated. I have been trying various earth and chrome 2-3x/day in both caves and still nothing! At least before when I was having struggles there was always something else to work on to keep my interest. I am hesitant to get 'hooked' on anything else. DV is special because I have truly never played any other games. Hence my choosen name.

8. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi hooked, so sorry you haven't got the elusive dodo yet, :( what a pain in the butt!!! Sounds a it like me with the blasted Sakura! Ended spending gems on that one....
    Such a shame they don't do Tribez for iPhone, you'd better start saving for an iPad.....
    Unfortunately have finished Tribez for the moment so any other game suggestions welcome to keep me going until DV release more dragons, another island, more decorations.......the list goes on and on......:p

9. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've tried Dragon Tales, but hated it- deleted after 2 days. Incessant ads, pay wall that springs up almost immediately - you are not given a chance to fall in love with the game before you are asked for your money. The way you are steered towards IAPs is also disgusting. Dragons are very cute, but without character. Makes you appreciate Dragonvale dragons (Love, Cactus, etc). I wouldn't waste my time. Lastly, the game is a GIANT rip-off of Dragonvale. Its so blatant, its not funny.

Aero Vacation is actually a cool game. Its one of those where you don't need to spend a dollar to progress, If you are patient. Sadly, I have already reached the top level. There are things that are so expensive that you can't possibly get them without real money, but you actually don't need them. I am not sure how popular the game is, but unless it has more content soon, it will die.

10. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I play pocket frogs and lil kingdom to help me not get bored while waiting for new DV stuff.

11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I play both of those and I love them both. I love Dragonvale too want more stuff.

12. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    They are fun! I'm down to only sun to breed and saving for my fifth island. I'm hoping they add more levels before I hit 30.

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    The TribeZ is coming out on iPhone soon

Someone posted this on our TribeZ thread.....copied from Facebook.
    So great news for those of you interested who don't have iPads :D

It's got me reeled in, hook, line and sinker.....so addictive, some quests are long, so patience is required at times but very detailed right down to footprints left in the snow and the moving shadow outline on the ground as a bird flies over

Still trying to get my first gold shrine in DV, 7 more to go to activate the fire shrine....finding DV very tedious right now, stuck on lvl 30 is so yesterday too

14. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    I can't wait. Keep reading about it here and really want to try it.

15. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I've been playing mini empires on my dv downtime..

MOAR ConTENT!! PLEaZe

16. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Soooo. The other day I got a rainbow dragon. I just found out that I got a sun dragon as well, and after finding that out I decided to breed more dragons, and boom... Another 48hr breed!

17. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    I play Ragdoll Blaster 3 - also by Backflip- (I loved RB1 & 2) during most of my free time.. although my work schedule lately hasn't allowed much time for any gaming. Waahhh! I haven't gone far into Tribez but I will when the chance comes.. you guys have convinced me it's worth getting into. I was really afraid to start and get addicted, cuz I can be very OCD and right now I must work work work! Seasonal sort of profession- feast or famine. :rolleyes: I like DV cuz I can pop in, do a few things, and move on.. so yeah, you really need other games to play along with it.
    Ragdoll Blaster 3 is a great physics game, check it out! I've been completely hooked for 3 years - long before DV arrived. There's a TA thread for it - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=122074

Thanks for the well wishes on my level 30 achievement.

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Lol.....it's becoming blatantly obvious that DV boredom has really set in......
    A few of us are starting to post alternative apps to beat the boredom :D

So listen up DV devs....if you read ever read this thread, it's time to get cracking with new levels, habitats, Islands......did I mention HABITATS? Oh yes, I see I did :p

Haha, Foxy....come one.....come play the TribeZ with us..you know you want to :D Have been checking your GC score and sending little cyber prompts hoping you will start playing......remember when you do to go to the TribeZ thread on this forum to get lots of good tips and advice from the higher levelled champs....
    (not meaning me) but I am getting there and been very dedicated, poor dragons are being very neglected but I am making sure I still gift my gems back and record all names.....can't neglect my DV friends, they are too important ;)

19. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3999 girlpower, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Hey Eugekava....did you mean dragon story? If so, I tried it too but those never ending pop up adverts to install pet something or other got on my nerves, so deleted it also......another absolute blatant DV rip off app is Tiny Monsters.
    Made sure I mentioned this in a review....the graphics are not a patch on DV either....looks like a real young persons app....at least Dragon Story had far better graphics than this one.....such a shame when devs piggyback off top rating apps....:mad:

Might have a look at AV.....gotta be careful cause my OCD tendencies can get a stronghold on me, starting to feel like a closet player (hiding from hubby)...he doesn't play these types of apps,.....no sharing my progress and failures with him...see that's why I need my forum friends :D

20. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, Dragon story is what I meant. I think the devs just pop these apps out at high rate without actually trying to create a positive experience. BS are not perfect but compared to some others they at least make an effort.
    Yes, we are alone together. My wife also has an addictive personality, so refuses to even consider these kind of games. I got her hooked on a PC strategy game ages ago (before kids), and she had to ask me to delete it so that she can have a life.