Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #4041 Yasha65, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    How are we going to fit all dragons on the islands?!? :eek:

Butterfly by firefly/air x2
    Plasma by lightning/iceberg x1 (second try rendered 48h-wait) Had to bring forth an ugly iceberg from hibernation.

Now for that hidden one... I don't like the hidden ones. Don't know why... :mad:

Edit: Maybe the hidden one isn't that bad. Tried sonic/water and got the blue lightning-egg. Now I'm not. Spending more gems.

2. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm pretty sure I'm not up for it. For me it's pretty much a quest to just turn my statues gold. It must cost a few hundred million bucks to grow enough food to level one dragon to 20. For grins I might level one or two in a metal habitat to 20 since the metal max is so high. Heck, I'm not sure I'm going to try and level all of my dragons to 15.

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I also just got my first Butterfly but did the reverse of you. I was doing firefly+air(2 times) then did the swap to air+firefly (first try).

4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Butterfly is limited and they said there would be more. It was on Facebook. Good luck everyone. I got one of my butterfly with firefly and air have not been able to get another.

5. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Butterfly achieved!!

Firefly 15 and air 14 on the EBI, didn't have any joy with this combination when they were both level 10s so fed them up a bit and it worked TWICE! Back to back! It's an unusual looking 'dragon' !

Now for the plasma and hidden dragon!

Happy breeding everyone -

shame they didn't give us a new island to play with :(

6. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hahahaha! Just saw your post. If it waZ, it was Zubliminal... and it WORKED! Yes I've been tribin a little.. >>oh no<< Even promoted it to my daughter so now I'm doomed.

7. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    #4047 Flip1329, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Thank you Foxtail!

Did you all see the butterfly pavilion in the decorations? It's really pretty!

8. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    You're right!

9. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Wow! I'm just catching up on forum reading, yeah go to work for a day and you're quickly behind!..... hidden dragon, fun! I just tried TT's Water/Magnetic and got 16! Yahoo! Might be Plasma but that's ok too. @Texas - thanks ya'll! :D

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    That butterfly pavilion is VERY nice. I wish I had more places to put it. I think I might dedicate a portion of one island to a set up with pavilion being a centrepiece. Got butterfly egg cooking with firefly/snow. Good luck, everyone.

11. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    no luck yet!

Still no luck with any of the new dragons...and I spent all my $$ yesterday to summon my 6th island...so I can't buy any new decorations yet. If only we could have some more habitats...hopefully I will have better luck today with Butterfly, Plasma, & Current (and maybe a second DooDoo ;))
    Congrats to everyone for their achievements!

12. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    So much for Plasma, it turned out to be the hidden Current dragon! Looks like I'll have to try the Lightning/Iceberg combo now~

13. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Wow, got two butterfly eggs in my hatchery, back to back in the EBC with firefly/air, never been so lucky. Well done everyone else on their achievements too, seems BF have relented a bit with breeding as they're not giving us what we really want, habitats and islands.
    No luck yet with plasma, current or moons, so on I go ;)

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    My 16- Water/Magnetic - turned out to be Current. And with multiple fails just got Butterfly (12) brewing... Air/Firefly both 15. What's working for Plasma?

15. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Lighting + iceberg got my first Plasma :D

16. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Plasma

No Plasma here yet either. Water and Magnetic (or other Lightning hybrid should work) gave me Current and Air and Firefly (other Air hybrids should work also) gave me Butterfly. For Plasma I have tried a couple different Lightnings with Rust and Seaweed and have only gotten fails so far. I am staying away from water hybrids with Earth and Cold so I do not get Crystal and Sun/Moon fails.

Have a good weekend and happy early Mothers Day to all Moms!!

17. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I have a butterfly in my nursery, and 16hr in one cave with a Lightning/Iceberg.

18. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    Got a butterfly egg. Firefly 12/air 10 in the EBI. Trying for a second now before I try for the others. Do we know how long butterfly will be available for yet?

19. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Wooh! I just got the yellow and blue striped egg for Plasma with Lightning/Ice combo in EBI! I have not had an easy time with breeding for a while. Now it's back to getting silver shrines again though...

Oops, almost forgot to add that both dragons were level 10s.

20. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    Congrats! I'll have to give that combo a try. Just got my second butterfly, now to work on the others.