Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Me too.. had to look it up. And I like. Now that we have the ability to display them, probably won't be any duplicate eggs from here on. My 48 hr turned out to be a Moon, which I'll display. It's a pretty egg.

No Copper yet, a couple fails with Metal/Sonic, Water/Magnetic. Think I'll switch back to Emerald for the remaining few days.. have an arsenal of Crystals now! Would be cool to have a second Emerald (still waiting for #1 in reg cave). I think the rest of us waiting for Emerald will get them. At least I hope so!!

Oh, and since you asked, my Emerald is by Crystal 15/ Lichen 15 -- the same pair I've had from the start, and kept switching around. >scratches head< Seems like all my painfully long fails were with Lichen in front, so I quit giving him the lead. :)

Best of luck to the Emerald have-nots!! I'm pulling for you!

2. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4462 girlpower, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    Thanks for the firefly info gals....sounds HOT hehe :D
    Next question.....is the scorch egg still the same as the original then?

Good luck for emerald #2....Foxy
    Those ‘yellow' gold shrines are just plain tacky and look fake....the silver was much better me thinks :rolleyes:
    As for achieving all yellow shrines.....goal posts have moved further out now that we have to decide on selling eggs >to get coins > to grow food > upgrade shrines or display the eggs which slows down the the other goal....decisions, decisions, after one yellow shrine (took forever) I may go with displaying eggs

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well done Hooked

Welcome back, missed you Hooked ;)
    Just wanted to congratulate you for participating in such a wonderful cause,
    Well done.....cyber claps to you.

Really hope you get your Emerald over the next few days also.
    Try and have both caves going for this one if you can....fingers and toes crossed for your gem baby ;)

4. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah, well done, Hooked/Schnizler! Way to walk for a great cause! ... and happy to learn you're my north country neighbor! Hockey fan? Eh? ;)

5. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    After many fails with lightning/metal I ended up with loads of magnetic eggs. Was a nice penny to sell them all. Finally tried magnetic and metal and got the 20 hour timer.
    I've been tribeZing and not paying enough attention to my dragons. ;p
    But, still now have all the dragons so I feel better. I kind of feel stuck with the game at this point. Playing since August I guess it's one I can never fully give up without feeling I failed somehow. (yes, that's sounds nuts)
    Good luck with copper everyone!

6. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    #4466 apple-byte, May 27, 2012
    i start the game minimum 3x a day and collect coins and start new breedings
    i go only for limited dragons when they appear
    the new dragons often are the same like the parrents
    at some point you have them twice
    then i use the 2 parent combis at cave & island
    i didn't display eggs yet because i need the coins for food until now

it is an online game - i remember on winter, when everything was painted white

7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Threw my crystal and lichen back in this mornIng and got my third 31 hr timer! Hopefully everyone will get one the next few days!
    On a side note, I think the gold shrines are ugly too. I think the shrines should represet the dragon types. The silver is pretty for ice dragons. A fire shrine would be cool, as would a lightening one. Just a thought. Something better than ugly yellow gold ones.

8. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #4468 hookedat40, May 27, 2012
    Originally posted by apple-byte
    it is an online game - i remember on winter, when everything was painted white[/QUOTE]

The snow was part of an update...if you chose to update you got snow...this wasn't associated with an update.

9. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Still no emerald...two more fails.:(

10. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Same here, used more gems to speed up a few fails but hit another 12 and 14 straight after. At least no more 48's yet, touch wood. Good luck getting yours! 3 days to go :-S

11. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    after having my first emerald i'm trying to get a second one

got a 24h crystal
    now 24h + 48h
    no luck but happy to have at least 1

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4472 girlpower, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Really sorry you guys are still trying for your emeralds :(
    With a bit of luck and a good will gesture BS really should give everyone a full month to get these gem dragons when they are not an easy dragon to get......had a read over on wiki and many posters there are still trying to get one also.....no guarantee the cut off will be end of May (at least for this one is there?)
    Please don't give up, maybe a huge rant is what's needed to remedy this? ;)

I just got my second 48 hr timer and just finished a 24 hr, not complaining (no right to) as I have mine, now being plain greedy whilst there's still time.

Edit update....
    Just got another 24 hr in the other cave....teach me for being greedy!

13. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Emerald hunters

Aw bummer. I'm trying for a second too, no luck yet. Fails - 24 hr - 2x, 12, 14, 6 .. yeah I'm happy to have one. Having to wait them out most of the time - spent my gems speeding the earlier breeding.

Really wishing for Andy & LB to get their first!

14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Wishing for Andy and LB and who ever has not gotten atleast one. I can not seem to get a second either I sure hope there all not going to be this hard to get or maybe where we can buy it if we can not breed it 1500 gems is to much for me. I have noticed that sense they did the update there are no 1 again in top grossing apps. Good Luck Have a great day

15. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Andy& LB, I'm sending sparkling Emerald vibes your way!

I can't get my second, also. Hate the long fails! But I am sure relieved & grateful to have gotten at least one.

Timeless, that's very interesting that this update increased BFS rank. I guess there is a method to their madness! ;)

16. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I know I'm being greedy wanting my third, but I really want to display this egg as its the prettiest so far! Why did they have to give us this option!!!!!! Anyway, no luck so far and just got a 48 hr timer, so that's one cave out of commission for a while! Teach me for being greedy! :D

Sending lots of luck to everyone trying to get their first, second, third........

17. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Haha, carbon copy of my current situation. Just got a 48 h timer when I put my success couple one the EBI. :D Greed is not good. :p But, learning patience. :eek:

Sending lucky vibes to all of you with none.

18. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I don't believe it! Just used my other pair crystal/lichen in the other cave ....... Another 48 hrs!! :mad: I really don't want to be greedy but this just isn't fair!!! if the emerald goes on Thursday I think I may be out of luck, I refuse to use gems to speed these two fails up. I am learning patience! :p

19. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I think im going to give up on Emeralds...its just not worth it.

I have 1 on the island and 1 in egg form. The only reason id want 2 is to breed them...but seeing as you cant....

Im sick of these 48, 24, and mostly 14 hour fails.

Might as well go for the quest for the eggs until the next gem dragon is out!

20. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    New Dragon: Copper. Already in the market.