Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    #4541 AndyPandy26, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Thanks all :)

It's a baby deer. I don't see how you can have an old fawn, unless there's another meaning?

I just renamed my other breeding pair to see if it does actually work, Crystal was Gem and Lichen was Lucky, and it worked again! I have two breeding right now. From nothing for weeks to two back to back just by renaming dragons! This game is crazy! I didn't believe that could work, but back to back success can't just be coincidence can it??

Try renaming your breeding pair Hooked, worth a try right? Good luck guys!

2. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Ok. That is crazy! I have been readin about renaming the dragons, so I tried it figuring. What do I have to lose, I already have mine and guess what? IT WORKED!!!

Renamed them, put in EBI and bam 31 hr timer right away. Anyone still needing an emerald give it a try!!!

3. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Oh well,, Lucky Emerald did not work for me. I already have one so I am ok, just thought I would try it out. BUT maybe it is because I used the regular cave. My EBI has a new 48hr in it and did not want to use that many gems.

4. Ckanaskie

Ckanaskie New Member

May 31, 2012
    Renaming dragons

I also tried the tip of renaming dragons. I named the crystal, Lucky and the lichen, Emerald and it may be coincidence but it Worked!! I have an Emerald breeding. Thanks for the help this forum has given me!!

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4545 Foxtail2010, May 31, 2012
    Ok.. I get that fawn is baby deer, but what dragon is it supposed to be? Breed Crystal with baby deer??

I'm gonna try that renaming thing right now! .. and just got the message that Emerald is about to expire. Well there went the theory about extra time for May's dragon.

EDIT: Renaming hasn't worked for me yet. :( Crystal name: Gem Lichen name: Lucky both 15 ... tried both orders. two 30 min fails so far. Sped em up... I'm kinda nervous about the next few tries.

Crap.... got the 48 Hr. All the new tries were EBI .. sped em up until the 48'er. And got a 24 in reg Cave so that's it for my Em #2 trying. Good luck to the rest of you guys! Glad to hear about the Renaming successes today.. although I still think it's random, even on the last day.

6. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I am so sorry to hear that! I just got the message emerald is gone tomorrow too. I named my crystal lucky and my lichen emerald. Crystal was Lvl 10 and lichen lvl 12. I got it first try. Hate the 48 hr timer!!!

7. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Well, I saw the dragonvale notice the Emerald will be gone tomorrow...and a new one starts :D

So I'm giving up trying for a second Emerald...don't want the caves possibly tied up with a 48 or 24 fail. So it's 4hr metals till then :rolleyes:

Cracking my knuckles in anticipation for the next adrenlaline rush to get that next gem dragon. Oh, this has become such an obsession :p

8. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #4548 Tannorexic, May 31, 2012
    Just logged in to DV and got the memo too. pearl dragon arrives tomorrow ! yippee! Emerald is getting boring.

Just hatched yet another new crystal at got another 31 hr timer... Think I'll display that egg and hatch the other emerald from yesterday.

Ps Fawn is lichen obviously (since it'd the only confirmed combo)

I hardly play DV anymore, my dragons name is fawn so I must have had fawn on my mind, plus I had 4 hours sleep at the time I wrote that post.

Still standing by my word though, odds seem much higher.

I've been playing DV for probably almost a year now..downloaded it the week it was released and it hadn't been released in most countries yet at that point.
    I've bred every dragon available, and have seen that all other dragons in the past seem completely random, (level, new or old, and left/right didn't seem to matter) and I always thought it was silly when someone would get ONE dragon, such as the rainbow, and claim that you need a level 7 plant and a level 7 firefly or whatever.. Because many people got it in many ways..

But Games constantly update there strategies, DV visits these forums, DV could have seen all the speculation about levels/new dragons and decided they would implement it since the gemstone dragons are supposed to probably be the most rare of all dragons.

I actually don't think level matters too much..(though mine were all lv 15)
    But considering I have bred 4 emerald dragons FIRST TRY with every new crystal dragon I have hatched is too much of a coincidence.
    If I just had one emerald and I was convinced, that'd be silly.. But 4 times?
    And I have spent so many gems speeding up fails..

After getting my first emerald, I bred the couple again about 50 times and got NOTHING. then new crystal = instant emerald. Then again, bred the couple heaps of times until another crystal dragon had bred and been hatched, another emerald. I had so many fails in between while using non virgin crystal dragons... So personally, I believe DV has raised the odds.

have one more crystal egg incubating..so once it hatches later today I will breed it with fawn again (fawn is such a stud, he has inseminated every crystal resulting in emerald I've bred) and if it produces another emerald, I'm going to consider it officially confirmed.

On another note, I just upgraded my breeding cave today and it is a visual upgrade..it's a pretty purple crystal thing with water flowing underneath..really cute! Didn't think it was going to change..quite pleasantly surprised..

9. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    For people who havnt got 2 emeralds....here is a consolatory frowny face :(

I wonder why people who want more than 2 dragons spend a heap of gems on emeralds? I got 1 in the cave and 1 on display, seems useless to spend heaps on gems for something that generates max upgrade 1 a week lol.

10. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4550 Foxtail2010, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Love the frowny console .. thanks. :(:(

Well I hatched every Crystal I got, but one went on display... tried them all with new and old Lichens, aka Fawns, in both orders and various levels 10&up = 1 Emerald. :(:(

Sorry to be grumpy.. was happy with one Em then felt lucky in the final days but obviously was just a feeling. Thankfully I don't gamble $$ in real life. Lol

NOW on to the next Gem.. yes tomorrow is another day. Pearl! At least we know there's a new one every month!

11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Which one did you upgrade the EBC or the regular.

12. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
  13. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    I agree ... I just got my 2nd Emerald and think I will display the egg. The Gems cannot be bred, and it will be a year til next Emerald.... Plenty of time "play" with Pearl Dragon!

14. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    So this may be a stupid question but where does it tell you which dragons can still be bred and which were only for a limited time? Can I still breed sun and moon dragons?

15. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Well it's 2am here and Emerald is still showing, so theres still time for that first or second.. Good luck. Hopefully Pearl will be easier than Emerald was!

16. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4556 girlpower, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Not impressed with BS

Yes, I also got the notification to say last day for Emerald, replaced with the Pearl tomorrow.....
    Whilst I am pleased to see a new ‘challenge' :), I am really darn annoyed at BS for not being fair and giving game players a full month to get their Emeralds......

I count myself ‘very' lucky to have two, but after having a look on Dragonvale wiki this morning.....there are still many who still don't have one, and one would have to be pretty heartless to not feel for them, even though they are completely unknown.....so much worse when we know someone through here (hooked of course comes to the forefront of my mind).....

I just don't think it's remotely fair of BS, they obviously knew they were only going to give half the time frame for this one.....can't even begin to imagine the frenzied gem buying caused by this decision (all geared towards them of course)

All I can say is....it really SUCKS :mad:
    I am not just going to have a good rant on here, I am going to let BS know also.

As for getting emeralds with two brand new dragons......didn't work for me either, netted two 48 hr timers both times straight away.
    Both my Emeralds came from the same breeding pairs, (initially one was a new crystal) but both on lvl 10 was my bam moment x 2.

@ hooked.....the days not over yet mate.....I hope you get lots of gems today to help you out x

EDIT UPDATE.
    email has now been sent to BS support.
    At least I feel better for being proactive in addressing this Emerald fiasco.....plus I vented about the lack of habitats, (even suggested upgrading them to house more dragons) lift the cap level past 30 and another Island would be handy.....haha I even suggested they visit this forum to see first hand what their players want, took on the spokesperson role again :p

17. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    So far I only have the one Emerald (Egg hatches in 18 hours...I'm not speeding it up.). I'll probably try one more time for a second, but if it doesn't happen that's okay. I too feel bad for all those who couldn't get it...they should have carried it forward and given a month this one time. Hopefully a month will be enough time to get a Pearl...I like pearls better than emeralds anyway.;)

18. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi. Just started playing a few days ago. Read about the emerald dragon and how u can't breed one starting tomorrow. When can I be able to breed one?

19. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Will Butterfly be gone today too? Where do you find out about limited time dragons? Is this announced on Backflip site somewhere?

20. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I wouldn't spend gems either, especially after you already have one. However, I'm trying to breed as many gem dragons as I can early on so I can fill up the Gem Island so I can get 12 gems a week from it. I'll then sell one off each month to make room for each new gem dragon.