Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4561 girlpower, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Yes, today is the last day for the Emerald dragon.....the Pearl dragon starts tomorrow for the month of June.
    You can try till.....I guess midnight tonight for an Emerald, otherwise they ‘may' have it available again next May...
    if at all?

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Sun, Moon and Rainbow are regular dragons and not limited so you can still breed them.

You can find out which dragons are limited by going to the Dragonvale Wiki page and looking at the dragon page. Anything with an * is limited.

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah.....I left my second emerald in the nursery for awhile after it was ready.....couldn't decide whether to hatch it or display it.....secretly hoping for a third emerald (quietly being greedy) but in the end I needed the slot due to another 48 hr and two 24 hr fails....ended up displaying it....hope it was the right decision cause on the flip side, I can't just assume I will get the next 11 gem dragons by end of the month....I can only hope I do ;)

4. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4564 girlpower, Jun 1, 2012

OR, just look in your egg market...everything on display is still available ;)

5. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Cool, thanks.

6. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I haven't heard anything about Butterfly. Backflip has a Facebook page.

I have found that right here is the best place to get info:) Everyone here has been very helpful to me and they post news on dragons or any changes very fast!!

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well, for those who are on the fence - 3 gem dragons in one habitat generate a gem every 2 days and 7 hours. For me it was worth hatching them.
    My heart goes out to those who don't have any Emeralds. That sucks. BS should have given us more time. Thanks, Girlpower for speaking out on our behalf.

8. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah thanks for speaking out GP! And I'm pretty sure BS reads our thread too.

Well, I succumbed to buying 50 gems to hurry up breedings before the Emerald goes away. Alas, no good. A couple of 14's after speeding up a Rainbow, and then another 48. :( Both caves have 40+ timers, so now I'll have to wait before trying for the Pearl. Sigh.. I was weak.

Maybe the Emerald day runs out at midnight Boulder, Colorado time .. where BS is located?

9. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't believe it !!!

Ok. So I have just spent the last 12 hrs at my kids dance rehearsal & recital and on the way home I got my daughter to spend up my last two 24 hr fails and try again before midnight. It was 11:20pm in my time zone. Needless to say it resulted in two more fails. Defeated I went home to finish all the parenting duties that follow an evening such as this. Now I am finally turning in for the night and I decided to read the forum posts of the day. It is now after midnight. I saw the posts about the name change and thought 'what the hell it couldn't hurt...if it works it will eventually pay out the gems I have used up' so I sped up my lvl 15's in the epic cave and renamed them. Lichen (emerald) and crystal (lucky) AND IT WORKED !!!!! So I got greedy and rushed my other two and renamed them and fed them both to lvl 15 and renamed those too. It did not work. Thank you to all who have gifted me gems and thank you for posting all the thoughts, ideas, theories etc. Coincidence, I think not. Contemplating rushing the first pair and sacrificing 31 gems to test the theory. :rolleyes:

10. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok so I tested it. It didn't work. So maybe it was coincidence ?! Hmmmmm

11. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Congrats Hooked on your emerald!:) I tried renaming a few other dragons to try for a second and it didn't work again for me either...but at least it worked the first time.:) Here's hoping Pearl comes easier.:)

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4572 girlpower, Jun 1, 2012
    OMG HOOKED!!!!!! May I be the first to say a megawatt huge congrats to you lovely....:D:D:D
    My heart has gone all a flutter after reading your post....hard to type cos too happy right now....you don't know how many times I have snooped in here today searching for a post from you..phew right down to the line on this one huh. Really wish you had got a second back to back like Andy.....but hey chickie, I'm sure you would agree that heck...this pales in significance in the face of the great scheme of things...hehe...gosh I am wrapt at this news...hehe already sent a good whinge to BS about all the people who didn't get a chance to get one cos they ripped us off time frame wise....oh well, my opinion has not changed on that front.....shame on them....I am really ticked off at their unfair decision, and wanted to be a voice for all those who may miss out on their Emerald...must be the Libra star sign in me rearing its head (all about balance, afterall)......
    be interested to see what their response is, no doubt some generic sub standard reply, we'll see......

Now you can rest.....until tomorrow when it starts all over again :eek:
    At least we will have a full month this time (well we better!)

EDIT...oh rats....LB beat me to it...as usual cos of my essay

13. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Miracles DO happen!

Last night I finally got an emerald! It was about 11:56pm local time, and I figured it was my last chance so I had one last shot before I went to sleep. Bingo! Was too tired and headachey to be really excited but I was happy :)

Then this morning the notification came through about it being the last day to get the emerald dragon and I remembered that the US is half a day behind the rest of the world ;-) and figured I may as well take another shot. Bingo again! So I have 2 emeralds in my caves about 8 hours apart. I wonder if it was blind luck or if they maybe changed the odds for the last day.

cheers, Dlstar.

14. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Strange, it's already 1st of June in US, but Emerald is still showing and there is no pearl.

Congrats to those who got emeralds.

15. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4575 Foxtail2010, Jun 1, 2012
    WOW! Just waking up- one eye open again, & still in bed.. YAY for the good news!! - Hooked and Dlstar, WTG! Allanon? How bout you?
    Now I see the Emerald is still available. It's June 1 - in the country half a day behind the rest of the world. ;)

16. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I didn't realize putting them together in one habitat sped up how quickly you collect the gems. I guess it makes sense since it is just an earning rate. I assumed if you had more in a habitat it still took 7 days but you just got more gems at the end of the 7 days. I have 4 Emeralds on my island but they are each in their own habitat.

17. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    in Germany it is 14:47 and no Pearl

18. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    @hooked. Yea!!! So happy for you!!! I was hoping you'd get yours. Now waiting for pearl to hit......Hopefully that will will come easier for you!!

19. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Yay for everyone getting their emeralds!!!

20. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Hey there! The emerald is a limited time dragon. I'll have to look but I think you need to be at a certain level to breed it. Try to get every dragon and hybrid you can so you will have the dragons required to breed the limiteds! I'll make sure to get you a gem a day to help out :) glad to see you over here by the way!