Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Congrats foxtail! Thanks for the good luck wishes because I finally got a pearl in my ebi this morning! Good luck to everyone who still needs a pearl.

2. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Congrats, Danjarus!
    And thanks to you and Foxtail for the good luck wishes. Keep 'em coming 'cause I'm still banging on the Pearly gates to get in! :(

3. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I'm liking the looks of the Evergreen dragon. :D. Kind of a handsome little fella :p

4. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Well my fists are bloody from trying to beat down the Pearly Gates and....FINALLY!!!!....a 30 timer! :D:D Also bred 2 Evergreens in the process! ;)

As always, thank you for all the encouragement, good wishes and support. This has been a really long month. :p

Anybody else still minus a Pearl? Sending good luck Pearl vibes out!

5. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Haha! I'm with you on this one! I made it grow and gasped... it went immediately in the fountain of youth. I always leave one grown but definitely can't leave both grown on this one. It's feathers are lovely... it's body.... not even Leghorn Foghorn worthy.

6. Sofalv Broke

Sofalv Broke Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    And Hooked at40, get well soon!!! Stomach bugs are my least favorite ever. Makes my stomach hurt thinking about. Hoping it turns a corner soon because you have some dragons to breed soon... can't wait to see the new gem dragon!

7. Danjarus

Aug 10, 2011
    Congrats Alyjens!!! It's about time those gates opened for you. Ready to try for a second one? :D

8. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #5108 Jazbodooley, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    Woo hoo! Just in the nick of time to! Congrats Aly! Now bring on the ruby! :D

9. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Congrats Aly, you really have had a hard time with that one! Hope July goes better for you:)

10. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #5110 girlpower, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    O.M.G!!!! Happy days at loooong last Aly girl :D:D:D
    Now taking wrecked steel cap boots off....darn pearly gates now have toe dents all along the lower half, haha.
    You totally deserve a huge gold medal for consistency and perseverance.....

Here in Oz, it's actually the last day of June.... this morning I felt quiet anxious visiting your nursery....the only bit of comfort was seeing your evergreen egg..... sadly departed with a heavy heart trying to even imagine how you must be feeling....but alas, one of those Pearl combos finally got the recipe right and the other two were cooking up a second evergreen huh! - My fav pearl making combo gave me my evergreen too ;)

Knowing you got your Pearl has made my weekend so much nicer Aly.
    It was good to be ‘part of' your cheerleading team (not the captain) cos you had many ‘equally' cheering you on, that's what makes this DV thread that extra bit special huh....the united front!
    Really hope Ruby will be much kinder for you...but hey, there's still time for a back to back pearl first!

I really hope that's everyone on here now accounted for (with a Pearl?)
    Enjoy the weekend everybody :D

11. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #5111 Aiera Kyoto, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Looks like everyone got their Pearl! Congrats everyone! Now we can successfully move onto the Ruby :)

@Sofalv: I know it's late, but I hope everything goes well for your daughter. Haven't seen the forums until today.

Another possible combo for Evergreen is Plant and Snow. I got two of them one right after the other with a level 15 and a level 10 Plant followed by a level 10 Snow.

For Firework, got it with simple Air and Fire on the first try. As others have said before me, happy breeding!

12. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Hello!

Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread for a while, but this is the first time I have posted. Reading all your posts encouraged me to keep trying for the pearl, and I finally got it yesterday!

On another note, all my friends have stopped playing Dragonvale, so if you need extra gems, tell me and I'll send you a friend request on GameCenter.

13. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Hi ButterflyFan, welcome to your new set of friends here. Is your GC name the same as your name here?

14. ButterflyFan

Jun 30, 2012
    Yes it is.

15. Danjarus

Aug 10, 2011
    Congrats on getting your first pearl! :D

16. ButterflyFan

Jun 30, 2012
    Thanks! I was worried I wasn't going to get it because I didn't get the Emerald, and then I had a vacation for three weeks without Wifi.

17. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
    The Ruby Dragon's appearance has been revealed! Check it out!

[​IMG]

18. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If only I could have a 3 week vacation... I'd give away emeralds and pearls...Real ones. I wouldn't give away my dragons.

19. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Evergreen dragon combo

Hi everyone,
    a combo to try for evergreen is plant/steel :)

Got first one with snow/seaweed (didn't even know cos that's my pearl combo)
    but couldn't get another with a few different combos until the above, got it first
    try with that one.

@ButterflyFan...welcome aboard, so pleased you managed to get your Pearl,
    very sorry to hear you missed out on the Emerald, makes your Pearl that bit
    more precious ;)

@HennyBenny...thanks for the Ruby reveal...already July 1 here, but no Ruby in
    my market......gotta wait for the rest of the world to catch up haha :p

Has everyone got their FIREWORKS dragon.......sure wiki has this one listed as limited.....
    @ Aly.....this one seems an easy one to get ;)

20. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    It's almost ruby time!

Wow, the ruby dragon looks beautiful. I missed out on the emerald, but got two pearls (one is on display).

As for the two newest dragons: I got my evergreen with plant and cold, both level 10. Got two fireworks back-to-back with dodo and blue fire, also both level 10.

I'm in the process of trying for a second panlong and that elusive rainbow :p
    If anyone has a really good combo for rainbow, please let me know!

Have a good weekend everyone! :D