Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't know about crystal fail but I had 24 hr fail which was a forge. Think it was with firefly and metal. I was successful with chrome & scorch while trying for elusive ruby. My daughter also just got 48 hr timer with same combo hoping for ruby. Hopefully hers will be a Goldie too. I am hoping to level up and get a new habitat by the time it is ready to hatch. Love the egg btw, it reminds me of the dragons egg shown on the show Game of Thrones.

2. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes!!! You are right. The egg does look like its from game of thrones. To be honest, when I saw those eggs my first thought was that it could not have been easy to lay a scaly egg. Looks great though.

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah I thought of GoT too. Funny you thought of the egg laying effort - we never get to see that. Haha

4. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    And the Treasure habi is like Smaug's lair, the dragon in The Hobbit. He was a treasure hoarder - aren't most dragons in literature?

5. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I'm sorry to say that my 48 hour timer turned out to be a Rainbow :( That's what I get for playing around with Chrome/Scorch. On the bright side, I got a Rainbow pedestal once it is done incubating.

Does anybody know for sure if Gold is here to stay? I mean, it does have a habitat and all, and limited dragons usually don't have a habitat for themselves (with the exception of the Gems)...

6. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Yes they are, and they also love kidnapping princesses too :)

7. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    I need suggestions regarding my DV

I just want to share what happened to me last night that i almost got into a fight with my gf.... im trying to add Fotxtail20 and Hookedat40 and i told her that im having issues adding friends... im getting msg like my id is not verified....
    and yes, she noticed that my GC email is misspelled and said that i need to have a real email add, so i corrected the email add i have on my GC and went back to Dragonvale-ing... and guess what? game was restarted! i didnt know that the game is somehow connected to email add.... i was so furious.. i mean after several days of playing the game... gone?!!! srsly, that's frustrating...

after several attempts, i was able to retrieve my game with unverifiable GC ID.

question now is: im at level 17... should i just let my game go and start a new one with my real email address? coz i wont be able to add friends with the id that i have right now.. :(

8. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Create the misspelled email, then you're verifiable ;)

9. iOSborne

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    i did... and it restarted my game.... :(
    another sad thing about it is that i cannot create that misspelled email a real email... gmail said the email is already taken.... :(

10. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Aw sorry for your Rainbow fail. I just got a 39 timer (upgraded time) with Chrome/Scorch. Fingers crossed.

I think Gold is here to stay.. Wiki calls it a Rare not Limited, and yes it has it's own habi like Sun, Moon, Rainbow.

11. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hmm, email Apple and/or Backflip support? Backflip has been responsive to others with game issues.

12. iOSborne

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA

should i request my "old game" be transferred to my correct email? you think its possible? :confused:

13. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Too bad that gmail was taken, seems like that woulda solved it. Do you have other games on that incorrect GC acct that you want to save? Explain you misspelled your email on GC .. Maybe Apple can correct it internally or Backflip can tell you. I don't really know. Guess I'd try it before restarting the game. But I'm not the know-it-all for this stuff.

14. Rattler739

Rattler739 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    RAC
    Amelia OH USA
    Sry everyone haven't been on in a while and just got caught up on my reading and just wanted to let everyone know that I got two golds back to back with crome/ scorch in that order and both lvl 15 have also gotten one rainbow an two rubies with that combo
    Good luck to all with their breeding

15. iOSborne

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA

it's ok... thank you for your suggestion... im writing a draft (letter of explanation) now... hope that they'll grant my request considering that email was just misspelled (for 1 letter)....

16. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    If you saved it to icloud I know you can get it

17. iOSborne

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    You know what, ive found the solution to my prob... i added another email (ymail) and deleted the misspelled email add(gmail)... :) now i will be able to add GC friends.. :)

18. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Good to hear that you got your email issue resolved without losing your game!

19. iOSborne

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    yup thanks! excited to get new "friends"... :)
    scanning threads for GC id... how many friends am i allowed to have, btw?

20. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #5420 TexasTed, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Congrats

Congrats on the two Golds! I've been lucky on this one also, two gold eggs in my nursery until Wednesday. First one was with Brass and Flower (both level 10s) and second one was Chrome and Scorch (speeded up the incubating because I figured it was a Rainbow fail). Did a middle of the night happy dance!

Your GCID in your signature has a "d" instead of "r" and I remember foxtail mentioning this a couple weeks ago. Just wanted to send a message so you could get friend requests correctly.

Still like your baby island but my favorite island is the Treasure/gem tree island, great layout!