Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    According to Dragonvale Wiki the breeding rules have changed, so best way to get gold is Brass/flower.

2. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I've been trying brass/flower in both caves since gold was released. No luck - lots of 24 hour fails.

3. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Try Brass and Fire also. I read somewhere Forge is currently not a possible fail with this pair. Will only produce Brass and the very rare Gold. Not having the 24 hour fail is a good thing. Maybe this is a recent rule change done by Backflip.

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, it is very recent. "hot off the press" so to speak.

5. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Gold Dragon

Hi Everyone,

Got my first Gold Dragon with Metal + Poison after three attempts! :D

Was hoping for either Malachite or Gold with this combination and will switch to Brass + Fire for a second Gold.

Good luck!

6. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hopefully this change will mean chrome & scorch will finally give me a ruby! My daughters bday is a week away and it would be nice to have a couple by then...

7. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    Good luck Hooked to you and your daughter! Please give us the good news when you get your Rubies. Unfortunately Chrome and Scorch will still give the occasional Forge:mad: I have one currently in my nursery.

8. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5468 Foxtail2010, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Ha. I hadn't tried using Brass yet in the hunt for Gold so hopped on here to find the combo.. saw your Brass/Flower comment without reading the blanked out part. Minnesota speed read. Wish I could say it worked out for me.. got the dreaded 20. :rolleyes:
    BUT put Metal/Scorch in the other cave and ouila... 39! Seeing as how I got my first Gold with this pairing, I'm more than hopeful that it's Goldie#2.

Btw- grats on your Gold, or fingers crossed that it will be.

EdIT- oops just caught up on forum reading to see that brass/flower is the new fave!?

9. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    In the morning I'll know if I got my 2nd gold and 2nd ruby, fingers crossed.

Gold makes 194/min so x2 in the habitat still makes less than a rainbow. Sticking to my guns, hoarding rainbows.

My park is under construction, feels good to be designing again.

On a poopie note, my park value hasn't budged since I was lvl 30, what gives backflip!!??!!?

Friends of mine under lvl 33 with no decorations/silver statues let alone golds, no lvl 20s or new dragons have passed me I park value since the patch... I deserve my proper value

10. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Gutted, 48hr turned out to be rainbow! Still no joy with the malachite either :confused: any good combos for malachite would be gratefully appreciated. These 48hr fails are going to be painful I'm sure (not helped by the fact that hubby has blocked EBC with 2 moons because he wanted a moon egg to display aaaargh and darling son spent 100 gems on a lava! and something else that I can't remember but wasn't rare at all double aaaaargh):mad: Deep breath and remember its just a game lol ;)

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Omg! Gutted is understating it .. worse than a Rainbow disappointment is 100 gems spent on a Lava!! :eek: Get those guys their own games and devices! Lol Or they can have their own games/GC id's and you all can switch back and forth to play your own.

Oh and sorry for your Rainbow sadness. :eek: Been there done that too.

Got both my Malachites with Metal/Willow but it did take a while for the second.

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    sure enough 2nd gold/ruby booya

back to more rubies to fill the island and 5 more rainbows then i can go for malachite again.

good luck to every1 going for w/e ur going for

13. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    ANOTHER new dragon on the way soon!

Just seen dragonvales post on Facebook about a new dragon coming very soon. It's called.......Slag dragon! What an awful name! I don't know what everyone one else thinks, but here in the UK that's not an especially nice word! :mad:

Will get off my soap box now :p

14. HennyBenny

HennyBenny Active Member

Sep 16, 2011
  15. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Still no Ruby...lots more Fireworks...sigh.:(

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Here in the UK, it also means a by-product of smelting ore. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slag

Metal/fire I assume?

Level 17 now, got my metal dragon egg ready to hatch, just waiting for my metal habitat to finish building!

Re: gifting: sometimes when I get my 3 gems to gift for the day, it says 'you have 3 gems to gift today', but some of the names are greyed out?

17. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    The greyed out names are probably the ones you gifted yesterday. :rolleyes: There is a timer ...can't remember the hours ....you have to wait before you can gift a gem to the same person again

18. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Same problem here, that's why my gifting is pretty irregular despite your names being on the list. I have no patience to wait for some reason, so I usually gift them the next day :D

Thanks for the clear up on that gifting thing Deeneez, I thought the timer was the same for the tree and the friends' list, but I was wrong.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Oh, that explains it!

20. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    Slag is alive

Slag is available now. Earth and Metal, 22 hour long breeding (ouch)!
    I closed the app and reloaded and it appeared in the market.