Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    3 ruby and 2 gold - happy birthday to me!!!l! Let's go and try for slag then :D. Still can't believe that name ........

2. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I got Slag with medal and earth level 15 and a second with earth and medal. It took 7 iron speed ups in the epic breeding cave, Good luck everyone but this one does not seem to be to hard.

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats and Happy Birthday!!!

Yes, devs certainly picked a great name for this one. When I breed one I might just keep it in Hybernation cave.

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #5484 girlpower, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks Forum Friends

Hi there, feels like I've been gone forever :(
    Thanks so much Foxy, Crusty, Aiera Kyoto, Jazbo, Sofalv Broke for your kind wishes regarding my little fur kids surgery....also to Eugekava, Alyjens for pm's. Reply heading your way
    Apologies if I've missed anyone.
    @ Aiera Kyoto....my dog is a Papillon (toy breed) cute as can be (IMO) :)

Cataract surgery went well, but it's still too early to breath easy as post surgery complications can still arise....worst being glaucoma and retina detachment.
    Once through two - four weeks, we can then feel much easier if all keeps going well....it's been a blur of return appts, and continuing daily eye drop schedules...currently 12 drops per day, plus tablets and eye swabbing....aftercare is pretty full on, next appt next week, so fingers crossed.
    Definitely no holiday anywhere for us this year, hip pocket feels so much lighter now :eek:

Seeing as I've just hijacked this thread, I better add some dragon stuff hehe.

Well, my luck seems to have left me cos I've had nothing but fails.......can't get a Gold to save myself, been trying daily since it came out, currently trying with brass/fire and all fails have been brass (before this combo my main fail was forge, sooo time consuming) also no go for another Ruby.....yesterday I changed to a brand new breeding pair, so will see if that helps....

Seems like quiet a few of you have at least one Gold...so congrats....
    Eek, just read Jazbo's post on the new dragon ‘Slag'....totally agree on the icky name Jaz, doesn't conjure up anything nice in my mine either.

Oh and by the way.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY JAZBO!!!!! Yay, looks like BS spoilt you huh ;)
    Have a special day and hope your family and friends spoil you x

I know it was someone else's birthday last week too, just can't remember who?
    Belated birthday wishes to this person as well....will take me forever to troll through numerous posts searching (time poor right now)

Again, your thoughts are much appreciated, not sure when I will post again, but I do my best to keep lurking on here....hehe

Good luck with your dragon breeding everyone ;)

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5485 Foxtail2010, Jul 20, 2012
    Welcome back GP!! Was getting close to posting my missing you. :) Glad your little furry child's surgery went well. Papillon huh? Great breed. Know several and babysat one for a week... enjoyed the heck outta him! Just dawned on me - since we're GC friends, I've seen your doggie! Very cute!

AND ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.. Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday dear JAZZIE!! Happy Birthday to yoooooouuuuu! :p Hope it was a great day... Or still is if you're partying all night! :D

EDIT .. Well Timeless, you're right that Slag isn't too hard. Got one on first try. Metal 15/ Earth 14

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well as I'm still logged on (replying to pm's) and just read your post.
    Thanks Foxy girl....hehe, yeah that's my girl you've seen....how cool you know the breed as many over here in Oz dont. They may be small and look very dainty but they are actually quiet robust and hardy, yet adapt so quickly to their surroundings.....small packages of character plus....mine is fairly independent, doesnt bark (seriously, she just doesn't) and has a laid back nature, not a sissy either....they said she was a perfect patient both before and after surgery, made me feel quiet proud cos she's so darn good at home too...shes lying beside me sleeping...still not allowed to run around or play for another week, plus she still needs to wear the big plastic collar for another week, can't eat or drink with it on, I can take it off for small periods of time, and have also been hand feeding her with it on...I'm sure she's milking this for all it's worth.....I'm starting to feel like Florence ‘Nutty'gale... :)

Wow, you've got that new dragon already.....they're coming thick and fast lately aren't they.....I haven't checked my egg market yet...better do so, hope I can get Goldie soon......like that one. Catch ya when I can ;)

7. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    No such luck for me. Three Slag fails. Arg. What did you end up using for Gold? These two dragons are giving me a run for it. Of course, I always say that until I get them. :)

- DD

8. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey DD
    I used Metal/Scorch 15's for 2 Golds. Been trying Brass/Fire too but all Brass fails. Yeah they're all hard till you get one heehee.

@GP- yes Papillons are a surprisingly spunky bunch, big dogs in little bodies. Nice you can spoil her while she has to wear the Cone of Shame. :)

9. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to this game and i have a quick question.... right now, i can only send 3 gems to my friends, how come i'm seeing others can send more? is it because of the Dragonsai tree? thanks.

10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    the gem tree allows us to give 6 per day :)

11. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012

oh well, then i would need to save my gems till i earn 100 for that tree... :p

12. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks foxy!! Had a great time thank you, but fun not over yet as celebrating again today and again on Sunday!! Will use Saturday as a 'recovery' day!:D

I agree, slag not hard at all, got one first try with metal and earth :D. Would really like another island now to put all these new dragons, and several new habitats would be useful.......hibernation cave getting very full! My dragons must be getting quite annoyed in there by now :p I bet it smells a bit to!

13. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Welcome back GP! Have emailed you so won't waffle on here! :D:D

14. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Welcome back GP, glad the surgery went well. Hadn't heard of that breed, so I googled it. Omg they're soo cute!! :)
    Happy Birthday Jazbo, hope you have a great day!! ;)

Just got a third 48 hour fail with Chrome/Scorch. Sheessh. Did manage to get one Ruby, just want one for display now. The first fail was Gold. That thing is huge!

15. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks Andy!! :D

I totally agree on the gold front! That is one seriously huge beast! :eek:

16. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Dragon dreams

I got the new slag first try with earth and metal, both level 10. Glad that was easy cuz I can't seem to get a gold dragon for the life of me! I swear that I'm thinking of different combos to try while I'm asleep :rolleyes:
    At least the firework fails will stop after today. Good luck to everyone on getting whatever dragons you need!

17. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #5497 Foxtail2010, Jul 20, 2012
    Ah, celebrating a birthday week, very nice.

Yes! My hibernation cave runneth over! And it's getting a little too warm for the Cold dragons, poor things. I keep having to sell off new hatchlings trying to keep 2 or 3 slots open. At the very least it would be great to have an upgrade on the HC.
    I think I'd be ok on habitats if I didn't collect Rainbows, but someone has to pay for all these guys to eat! I have one of each habitat except for 3 Metals, 2 moons, 2 suns and 17 Rainbows (all named for my Ragdoll Blaster friends).

18. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Goldie!!

Looks like my Brass/Flower did decide to bring me a Gold! Yes!! Now back to my second Malachite and the... new dragon :D The first thing I thought of was SWAG dragon, since I didn't know it was an offensive term in the UK. I wonder if (and how) BS will respond to this.

@Girlpower: I'm glad the surgery went well, and hope for a speedy recovery! I'm so jealous of you having such an adorable little puppy!! I am a pet lover, but sadly I'm allergic to fur so I cannot get one. Plus, I'm a sucker for dogs that do not have a flat face and flat ears. :D

@Jazbo: Happy Birthday and congrats on your successes!

19. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    My brass+ firefly finally went to the hatchery..and it's a Sun! :D. And I finally got my second Ruby....and slag is cooking on the island. Things are looking good ;)

20. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    44 Firework eggs on display and I finally have a Ruby egg in my nursery! And on my son's b-day too...going to speed it up later so it can hatch today.:) Now I can start selling off the Firework eggs to fund that sixth island.:)