Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Yeah i meant gold. I also meant that when I get my second gold, I will breed with my first gold, and likewise with seasonal.

Also for gold, try Brass and fire. There is only two outcomes, the non gold being only 5 hrs.

2. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #6022 Aiera Kyoto, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    And on Backflip's side of the receipts, they must be jumping up and down in glee seeing all of those digits adding up from our expenses.
    Oh Girlpower, since you are in charge of the budget, you could always, as accountants call it, "cook the books" here and there and they won't notice. ;)

Fully agree with you on that. Especially if those dragons mean something special to them in the first place. Seeing these posters not getting it after all of that time makes me feel like I failed in something. It doesn't feel the same knowing that our friends couldn't get one while we get to see our little dragon flying around on our islands.

On the Goldie, I actually agree with Eugekava on trying out his combo. Flower/Metal is a big meanie with Forge fails and whatnot. I was just very lucky to get one without many tries. Willow/Brass will have more possibilities, which also means there are fewer chances of getting Forge.

And congrats on Ironwood! That's a great way to finish off any post anyday! :D I think got a little Ironwood cooking as well this morning (was it 10 gems to speed up)? I didn't really have a chance to look at it's info other than it was Metal and Plant combo. lol~

3. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #6023 Aiera Kyoto, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Wow! Congrats on getting all of those dragons even with such limited access to Wifi! The wizards must have known you will be on vacation, so they are sending some go away presents to remind you of them.

That's the same with me, I want to have at least one dragon on display at all times just to show them off. lol! With such a limit on habitats though, it's getting really hard to manage it all. @.@

I see you're being a little sneaky there Yasha! ;) It happens to me too when it's late at night. I usually shut of my router at home to try and not run up the electric bills, so when I see that notification pop up before I'm asleep, I'll try and see if some unlocked wifi is around. I'm too addicted to this game!!

EDIT: Almost forgot to say good luck with the dragons you are trying to get! Hopefully BFS does not decide to spring out another dragon on us anytime soon!

4. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    That's why you can buy them ouright.

F
    (my sig is always behind, throw in olympics, peridot, seasonal, pair of ironwoods I think)

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #6025 Foxtail2010, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    Hey -speed reading here, I've slipped behind again-
    How'd you get your ironwood and someone (aiera?) got a seasonal- how? Or with what pair? I finally got two rain - quite surprised after many fog fails. And grats to you both! I visited eugekava and was quite surprised to see a crystal/cactus fluttering about in a breeding zone. Heehee. So sorry it went sour on you. Really can't blame you for being pissed.
    So I still need Ironwood and Seasonal.

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Has anyone heard anything about Dragonvale being replaced by another game by backflip.

7. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Well my friend hacked mine for me, so now I have 45k gems. Make of it what you will, but I haven't used it in anything, except speeding up things, breeding upgrades, and dragonsai tree,

8. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Nope. Where did you here that?

9. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    My husband said he read in the L A Times I am just having a hard time believeing it. Why would they do that it is there top grossing game.

10. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Oh, I'm on the other side of the us. I just went to latimes website and couldn't find an article on it. Is he sure? Im with you on that one. Seems hard to believe. Although I don't doubt your husbands reading abilities:D

11. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I checked to and seen nothing. I just do not see how that would help them I will do more checking in the morning. I just do not believe it.Justwhat to make sure and see what's going on.

12. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Ok. Maybe if he read it recently, he can tell us the article name? And that's fine, it's great to bring attention to things like this to the community.

13. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Hello Foxy! I got Seasonal with Firework/Plant (level 10s) in EBI after trying Blazing/Plant a couple of times. Actually, I was trying them both simultaneously since I didn't want to take out my other Firework :p

14. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Fingers, do you mean buying gems outright? I don't mind people buying outright, don't get me wrong (quite jealous that you can actually). It's just that it's expensive for me; I'm saving up for college textbooks but I don't have a job. :eek:

15. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    It's okay, it's your game, I have no control over it. :) Plus, you are not abusing the 45K gems that you have obtained (like buying those dragons outright without trying).

I had a bad experience with hacking before, so I have been against it ever since. Just wanted to express my opinion out there, that's all~

16. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    #6036 Mr. Anon, Aug 22, 2012
    Yeah, and I barely speed up at hat. It is just in case I am running short on time with a limited, I will speed up everything. It's fine, no hard feelings, haha.

17. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Well, if you can afford them :). Otherwise, being a good neighbour and husbanding those you can get, you can cope quite nicely without buying any gems.

There's a sufficient trickle so you can get what you reallllllly want.
    But that is how they make money on this game, people buying the dragons they can't get otherwise....

F.

18. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Thanks! I'll work on it with that pair. Is plant (or hybrid) a required ingredient?

19. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6039 girlpower, Aug 22, 2012
    I for one feel disappointed to read your post. :(
    Regardless of how the gems are used, IMO, one is no longer playing the game in the manner it is meant to be played. My post is not meant to offend you, if it does I apologize but hacking has this effect on me

20. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Foxy girl...nice to hear from ya ;)
    Okay regarding Seasonal....I got both mine with blazing/pollen (can't get stuck with a rainbow using this combo)
    Re: Ironwood..... got first time with plant/iron....may have a second one brewing or it's another moss (same breeding times)
    Good luck with these two Foxy ;)