Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, I saw your peridot....yay! Good work ;)

Thanks to you and Aiera Kyoto for willow/brass suggestion...it's one I have also tried previously....my only concern with this one is there's a lot of fails and again forge is there, but so is seasonal, rainbow and gold (3 @ 48 hr timers) :eek:
    I did read that a few wiki posters had been successful with this one.

Argh....Goldie is now a pain in the butt.
    Most, if not all my GC friends have at least one....many have two....I'm feeling left behind whaa :(

2. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Plant and iron is a risky combo. It has earth, so waiting times may be long. If you don't know about it, there is a dragonvale breeding sandbox, which tells you the best possible combos. For ironwood, it is plant and chrome. Good luck.

3. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks GP

Thanks GP for your comments. I completely agree and it is a shame that some people think that cheating, stealing, hacking, etc. are OK. It's not honest and I am not criticizing Anon, only his actions which he bragged about in his post.

The developers have created a fun product. They are offering it to the world to be enjoyed. People can choose to patiently play for free or buy gems from them as needed to upgrade, speed breeding for limiteds at the end of the month, etc. and support them for a job well done. Their income and livelihood depends on our support. I do not think it is right to use stolen gems for any reason - it doesn't matter if you are using the gems to outright buy the limited dragons or to speed up their breeding in the upgraded caves or using gems to instantly hatch them. The outcome is still the same, you have used stolen gems to obtain the dragons.

This and other games should be played honestly, with integrity and without hacked/stolen gems.

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Yep~ Seasonal needs Air, Fire, and Plant combos. Good luck!

5. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    New Dragons

Hi everyone, great to read posts seeing all of the successes. Congrats to all and I have been reading and enjoying all of the posts. Sorry GP the Goldies are still being ellusive - one of mine was obtained using Brass and Flower and the other with Chrome and Scorch. You should have the same probability using any breeding pair so I would keep with Brass and Fire if Gold is the only one you're still needing. I know you tried this for a while but you will get one eventually! Good luck on your breeding. Any names picked out yet?

I have 1 Ironwood egg in the nursery from Magnetic and Plant - will probably try Chrome/Plant some more after getting a 20 hour Copper fail.

I like the new rain dragon, very drippy and the transparent tail and wings look like a rain shower. Mud (Mudstud) and an Air worked for my first Rain.

Finally my 10th Oly dragon was Gold - so many 35 hour fails to get one. Total metal count is 7 Bronzes, 4 Silver and 1 Gold - hoping for one more Gold Oly eventually but will not be trying to breed them anymore. My limit was 15 Olys before giving up - glad the odds were eventually in my favor. Don't remember who first used the Hunger Games reference, I forgot to give a shout out when it was used.

Since we need new levels, habitats, etc. - BFS are you listening please. It would be great to finish the year strong with a big fall/harvest content update before the winter one arrives. I changed my RAINBOW Island into my Seasonal Island. I am looking forward to the Head Wizard in Charge changing the island layout as the seasons change.

Peace to all!

6. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    My first Seasonal was from Flower and Tree and my second Seasonal was from Firework and Seaweed as I was trying for a Rain with this combo knowing that Seasonal was also a possibility - was happy to see the Seasonal egg rather than another Rainbow.

Good luck all!

7. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    I wasn't bragging. My bros friend jailbroke, and my brother told his friend to give me gems, thinking I would like it. Put it like this. You may not need 1 billion dollars, but if you get it, you're going to use it. And like I said, I am ony speeding up when a limited is going away. I can't change your mind, but please remember, this is just a game. I have a life outside of dragonvale. 4.0 GPA student. High school basketball and baseball team. I don't care what other people think.
    Have a good day.

8. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #6048 TIMELESS, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    I agree with TexasIed what you are doing is wrong. I support the Dev that is why I buy gems. You get the update when it comes out without paying. It's not right to all the players that are honest if I found money I would return it to the owner and there is a difference in someone giving you something as a gift not by cheating. I would not keep something that was not mine.

9. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    #6049 Mr. Anon, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    I didn't ask for this! Gosh. My bros friend gave it to me thinking I would want it. What can I do! Nothing but let them sit, which is basically what they are doing already. Don't you people have anything else to do but scrutinize a teenager for having gems he didn't want in a game! If I'm going to be hated upon this thread, then goodbye. I am not coming back unless things change.

10. TexasTed

Oct 10, 2011
    Hi Anon, I am sure you are a good young man and best wishes in your future. You have much potential and unlimited possibilities. If I had gems I really didn't want I might consider deleting the hacked game and starting a new one. Life is full of choices and consequences, whether in sports, school, your occupation do what you think is right always and turn away from the voices that say just try 1 pill, have one more drink, if it feels good do it, it won't hurt to take just one, let's look at last semesters exam to prepare for this one, if others are doing it it must be ok. Being honest in all that you do, whether work or play will serve you well for a long time. There's no hate coming from the thread just trying to encourage all to play well and enjoy. Good luck!

11. Mr. Anon

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Ok, thank you. Unfortunately, restarting would not be in my best favor, because of all the limiteds I will miss out on. I will just force myself to never use the gems I "received". Thanks for your words.

12. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I hope Dv gives us new stuff soon. They did talk about the rain dragon on Facebook. I have two of those. ready for new stuff.Do need more habitats for our dragons.

13. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Firework is Back!?

Hi everyone! I doubt any of us are missing the annoying Firework, but it's back due to a BS glitch. I went on DV's facebook page and people have been reporting about getting Fireworks left and right. :eek:

For anyone who is missing this dragon though, I guess it's a good thing. ^^

14. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I saw that to bad it was not the reindeer or bones dragons. but those who do not have the fireworks hope they get it.

15. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    New dragon alert!

Just seen on Facebook about a new dragon to be released later today, silver dragon! Looks quite cool! :D

16. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Yes thank you very nice.

17. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    No kidding! I need a Reindeer and Bone too. I've gotten two Fireworks since yesterday with Blazing/Cactus.

18. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I can barely keep up. Finally got a Seasonal and Ironwood yesterday. I still want one more Gold Olympus as well. I'm sure about the time I get the Silver it will be time to start working on the next Gem. I'm managing to get the dragons but what is suffering is my attempt at a full egg collection and my effort to turn all of the shrines to gold. For once I'm wanting a period in which no new dragons come out (especially rare hard to breed dragons)!

19. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Silver is here now to see what the combo is. we really need new habitats more islands if this keeps up. Good luck everyone.

20. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    The silver dragon is blazing mine that is what dragonvale sandbox says. Time is 37hr 36mins. Good luck everyone