Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi ther GP! So nice to see one of your essays on here again, haven't seen one in ages!! :p

You cracked me right up with your dag story!! Proper belly laugh! :D:D

Lucky you on your second opal! I got my first quite quickly but the second is eluding me! Mud/lava, Lava/mud again and again and again...... I got one ash but I'm not racing to get a second at the moment, really want an opal for display!

Our clocks change at the end of October, unfortunately that means dark evenings, so winter is coming........ Depression setting in. :(:(:(.

Need more games to occupy me :p. anyone found anything good recently and want to share with us??? I see breaktime studios are bringing out a dragon game some time this month..... Another dragonvale rip off?????? I'll probably have a look though, just in case it's good.........

Really need a Tribez update as getting a bit bored now......

Done a GP and gone off on a tangent!! ;)

Happy breeding everyone!

2. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    If you want something similar to DragonVale then you might like My Singing Monsters. It is very similar to DV except each island has its own unique song and each monster plays or sings a part of the tune. It's interesting as you breed the monsters to hear the song come together. When you breed your first monster he'll just stand there and randomly sing "Bop. Ba Dop." over and over. The next monster might make a drum beat sound and so on. But when you have each monster then you'll actually have a complete song. The tunes are pretty catchy too.

It's not as pressure filled as DV because there are no limiteds and even the harder to get monsters so far have only taken me a few tries. I have the first island complete and about half of the second and I have yet to feel compelled to buy any diamonds (gems).

3. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thank you very much for that, but I already found this game!! I think I was the first one to post on the DV forum about it a few weeks ago!! I was trying to get GP to join in.......which of course she did :D.

Thank you anyway! :D

4. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Congrats to all that have gotten Opal, I am still trying but not in panic mode yet :) Did get my 2 Ash dragons and egg for display. Hoping the Bones dragon is offered again this year, didn't start playing until March.

@Jaz - had not heard about the new Breaktime Studio game, might take a look at it even though I am not to happy with them right now. I am stuck in Tribez, couldn't find any fruit in the fruit trees on island 4. So I am also looking for a new game to occupy my time while waiting on my Opal failures.

5. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi Dean, don't go looking for new dragon game, it's not out yet! It's apparently coming 'sometime' in October! Intrigued to know why you are unhappy with breaktime??

Fingers crossed you get your opal very soon!

6. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thanks for the good vibes on opal!

I have Pocket Potions and feel that some of the changes they made a while back where unfair, (I was far enough in the game that they really did not effect me). They changed a major element of the game after it had been out for several months and explained it by saying it was a "mistake" so they fixed it.

7. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Oh, sorry. Maybe that's how I found the game. I honestly don't remember how I came upon it. I don't play many games.

8. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is it possible that I'm getting kind of bored with DV? That scares me a bit... :(
    I've been playing since September last year. I have every single dragon that has ever bern released and in about 42 hours I have them all on display too. (I'll probably regret saying that, 'cause the two other times I told I had them all, there came a sh** load of new AND limited dragons)

I have been excited, frustrated, mad, happy, a nervous wreck all at the same time, trying to breed, catch up and really enjoy the sport of planning and decorating. Kind of an advanced Pokémon approach - Gotta catch 'em all. :)

Now, I'm worried, not meaning to be rude to those of you looking forward to 'second time around', that the 2nd year of DV will only be a rerun. I HOPE that this year's Halloween dragon ISN'T a Bone dragon. And if it IS, I really hope it is some kind of 2nd edition that can be identified somehow.

I know, I'm being selfish here. There will probably be loads of other dragons to breed and collect, knowing BFS have been inventive so far. Just realized that I don't enjoy the game as much as I used to and that makes me sad. :(

Maybe I need to finish rearranging my islands? Go for gold shrines? Challenge myself to display every dragon by optimizing habitats? Doesn't really sound like the happy task I want it to be...

Hopefully something fun will happen soon, we do have a number of months left to collect all the gem dragons. For example.

Sorry if I drag you down with me in this depressive post. I wish all of you lycky breeding of course!

And I AM REALLY HAPPY to see that gp has both Ash and Opal times two! Wonderful to see that you didn't have to struggle this time. :)

9. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @Yasha - As a player hoping for Bones I still understand what you are saying and hopefully they will give us Bones AND another new dragon for the loyal players that have been here since day one. Will be very stressful for us newer players because then we will be working on 2 limiteds but you guys deserve it.

Hope they can find a way to "mix" things up so that there is a new and different challenge for you.

10. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    A lot of days I'm just going through the motions out of habit with DV. Early on it was a game I was playing with my kids. I really enjoyed it then. They stopped playing long ago although every time a new limited comes out my son wants it but he wants me to breed it for him. He never actually checks on his own dragons. I gift my kids gems every day and am lucky if they gift me once a week (and usually that's because I got on their devices and sent it to myself.)

Anyway, I still have fun with it but not like I used to. That said, every time a new dragon comes out I'm laser focused on getting it. I collect my money throughout the day (almost up to $1 billion banked). It would be nice if they came up
    with some mini-games or something (something better than Dragon Races.)

As for the Bone, I will be very upset if they don't rerelease it. I started last Nov and it's the only dragon I don't have. I also want a second Reindeer.

11. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6771 girlpower, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    @Yashy.....I can totally relate to your last post.
    Although I don't have two of all the dragons and have a long way to go to display all the eggs of the dragons I can breed....my thoughts for feeling the same way is became I don't like the direction the game seems to be heading.

The devs are so fixated on pumping out new dragons, many with such a short time frame which can add quiet a bit of pressure when we struggle to get them in time....of course the alternative is to spend real money (I'm sure they love it when this happens), but they don't seem in a hurry to raise the XP level, give us more habitats, decorations and even another Island, I am not rapt at having to hide more and more dragons away, defeats the whole purpose of the game surely.

I'm all for new dragons but too many limited ones at once along with gem dragons can be hard if they take too long to get.

After being away for 9 days with no wifi access and the pressure of two limited dragons just before heading off plus the sapphire gem dragon....well I burnt through quiet a lot of hoarded gems and did get one of each limited but
    I also realized I am not going to let DV rule me like this again....the same thing will happen again at Xmas time as we are going back to same place for Xmas and New Year.....can only imagine what limited ones will be out for the holiday season......anyway, guess we are both feeling the same way right now

Thanks for your good wishes regarding opal and ash,
    I have been in email contact with BS about the lag and issues with visiting friends, keep being told they are working hard to fix it....told the same thing weeks ago also :mad:
    Also don't mean to drag down this thread with how I'm feeling atm, call it the emotional ups and the downs of long time players syndrome ;)
    Sending cyber hugs to ya Yashy x

12. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I wonder if the limit on islands and habitats has more to do with it getting too bogged down, especially on older devices (like my son's three year old iPod Touch.) I have an iPhone 4 and It seems to take way too long for the game to load and everything freezes for a few seconds every couple of minutes. I would guess more islands and habitats would only make it worse.

13. lildarien

lildarien Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I've found the dragon shrines to be a wonderful long term motivator for me. I uses to be addicted to mmorpg games, so i am used to and enjoy the slow but continual progression this sort of game provides. I currently have 4 shrines at gold level by using panlongs. Unfortunately I missed out on getting 2 blooms so I'm now hoarding food until Easter comes around again (or at least another dragon with the same elements)

I find having real life friends who also play is a big factor in my fun. We have a group text messaging conversation going constantly so we know as soon as someone gets a new dragon. It's quite fun :)

14. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    You could use Lichen or Evergreen, and then Magnetic for the last two.

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have to agree with the general feeling of drag when it comes to DV.
    I think that for me the opportunity to be creative with island design was one of the major reasons to play. Well, we haven't had many new decorations we could really use. We do get limited ones that come with limited dragons, but they are more center pieces than scenery. We could use more trees, houses, tiles, ets. All the new dragons are great. I noticed that animations are getting more interesting as well, but everything is so crammed now. New dragons released means more dragons that have to go into the cave. If we could only get a few more islands that would breath some fresh air into the game, even if they don't come with more habitats. I hope the devs have some exciting plans for the game so that it doesn't get burned out like the Ash dragon.

16. Korvaire

Korvaire Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    /agreed.

Other than new islands, what else can they do with the game? Since I have time on my hands I was thinking about this, and thought maybe we should brainstorm for them. You have to know they read this thread.

I'll start with my lame idea. Why can't we visit any game center island. Why do we have to be friends just to visit? The random visit button doesn't work, I get the same old lvl 20 island every time. I really do enjoy visiting other islands for ideas, and just pleasure.

And why can't we have a player based auction house for eggs? I understand not selling dragons, but some rl interaction could be fun.

One of the things I love about DV is this forum. Hard to tell when I don't say much I know, but I learned how to love this game because of this forum. I wonder if it would be possible to add a chat bar onto the screen for your forum buddies or even like a "guild". Then when you log on, you can do your thing with your dragons, and chat at the same time.

Anyone else with ideas? I would really be sad to see this game become stagnant. There is a wealth of intelligence in this forum, if anyone could infuse life, it would be you guys.

GP and all of you ... Thank you for your good thoughts. For the record, i am being taken to work today for 2 hours. The thought of putting on clothes is a bit repugnant, but the thought of leaving the house is exhilerating.

Euge, thank you for the laughs. I so enjoy visiting your island.

So many people to acknowledge, such few brain cells right now. I will get it done though.

Best to all

Korvaire

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Other than Opal, what current dragons are not permanant?

I need to prioritize what dragons I'm going after.

Thanks!

18. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Panlong is the only one I can think of. It should be around a few more months though.

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Well I have 24 of those so I'm good there ha! I was more worried about the Olympus dragons.

20. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    The Olympus dragons are permanent. Other than the Opal and Panlong, I don't know of any other.