Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    From my experience that's usually a slow or intermittent connection problem... I get the welcome from GC in any case. You can have a wifi symbol in the upper corner of your device but still not be connected to Internet. This happens to me a lot at Starbucks. Hopefully you've gotten connected by now!

2. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    The quest, search, hunt, race for Kairos

By the way, for those of you who felt slighted by not being able to use "Quests" - it's no big deal. I keep trying them, but have yet to win a missing piece. The quest costs $50k and takes hours to complete (it varies). There are 21 quest names listed on DV wiki but I keep getting the same 3 or 4. Ho-hum. So haven't been able to give up the racing. However after what feels like weeks of racing for one piece, I finally got the last part of the time claw so moved on to the kairos statue and quickly (relatively) got all but one bit (the upper body). Now I suppose it will be several more weeks for that one. Yeesh. :rolleyes: Here's hoping this mini rant does the trick.

3. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #7323 Jazbodooley, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    I'm with you all the way Foxy!! Just this minute got my first one, rushed him through with gems, because that's how impatient I am, and couldn't believe the ugliness before my eyes!!! I think I may even have drawn in a shocked breath!! :D

It looks like they let a 3 year old loose in the design rooms!! What were they thinking?

4. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I do the same thing with gems! I always rush all my stuff out quick enough because of how impatient I am. It's like watching grass grow.

5. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    It looks like a flying cow. I'm not one to usually get too caught up in how the dragons look but it is one ugly dragon.

6. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah I don't usually care how they look either. And I know we've talked about this before - that all dragons can't be cool or beautiful ..but this one - yuck!

On the positive side- it does have kind of attractive eyes and a cool egg. And makes Iceberg and Mud feel better about their looks. And he would win the Ugly Dragon Contest hands down.

7. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Sorry for the delayed response. Got too lazy during Thanksgiving break (while trying to catch up on sleep @.@)... And yes, it came out later that day. Hope you got your Reindeer already Dean!

Finally got my second Reindeer after the year long wait with Plant/Lichen. I still remember when Plant/Cold were opposites and Metal was not introduced yet. I had so much trouble trying to get even one back then...

8. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I have to agree with everyone that the Lunar Eclipse is not the prettiest/coolest dragon in DV, but I do give props to Backflip for trying to diversify their dragons. I mean, we have regular looking dragons of every color of the rainbow, but not one of every size.

9. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I need a favor

And last post from me for a while. I just need a little help for a Marketing project that I am working on. My group and I have to do research on a brand, and we decided to choose a brand called Naked. Naked specializes in its juices and smoothies. And it recently came out with coconut water.

I want to know your opinions on Naked whether you have tried it or not. When you hear "Naked," what does it make you think of? How did you hear of it? If you have tried it, what made you try it in the first place? And if "Naked" is a person, what type of person would it be? Any information and opinions would help, just toss everything out at me. Thank you so much in advance! :)

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hatched my first lunar eclipse this morning. I must say, artistically this dragon is awesome. The artists at BFS went to the trouble of animating this one very well.
    I can't even bring myself to be angry at them. The dragon does look like a joke, dragging its sorry ass around like a sack of potatoes but at least it was done well.
    When it flies it looks like a cow suspended by its horns. Quite comical. Its actually one of the dragons I enjoy watching.

11. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Love dragon.

sorry, couldn't resist. :)

But seriously, I have never noticed it here in Australia. Do they export it here?

12. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    What did you all use for the Lunar Eclipse dragon? I'm stuck on this one. So far, 30+ fails.

Not the first time. :)

- DD

13. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Air/Mountain. I've bred four of them with that combo.

14. Korvaire

Korvaire Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Aiera,

Tastes great, no nutritional value, lawsuit for false advertising (use of GMO fruits etc)' and 300 empty calories per bottle. I will eat an apple instead.

At one time, the name would have meant pure to me, when they first introduced it and before it was bought by Pepsi.. Now it denotes "nothing", a sweetened water at almost $4 per bottle.

When I think Naked in human I think infant, which is what the original marketing/branding company was shooting for.

Final shelf life - go broke while gaining weight. Pity, good idea gone very corporate wrong.

15. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I do believe air/mountain is the best. I've made quite a few through that Combo. I wish I could get free rare dragons.

16. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I never tried it before. I don't think I've ever seen it in stores, but I have heard of it somewhere on the internet. The name Naked makes me thing of naked people, which was probably not what they were aiming for. Naked as a person...I'm not sure...a naked person perhaps?

I hope your project goes well. :)

17. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sandstorm/Cold. Both times in EBI.

Air/Mountain did nothing for me. Funny how we have different success with different dragons.

18. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Got my only one so far also with Sandstorm/Cold in EBI.
    Air/Mountain plus other recommended combos didn't work either, got mostly mountain fails.....still trying for a second one.

Wonder if same Countries come into the successful combo equation? ;)

19. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I saw the "Naked" display at a store a while back. Thought that it was very expensive. Didn't read the label but figured it was called Naked because it was natural with nothing added.

Naked as a person ?? Baby.

20. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7340 Foxtail2010, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Yeah I thought that too - there has to be some insider humor behind the Lunar Eclipse dragon's look. It would be fun to hear about the concepts behind some of the designs. In honor of their efforts I'll keep the next one full-grown and in all it's sorry ass glory.

AK- here are some "Naked" thoughts: I drink some of the juices (usually only when I have a cold or mixed in a smoothie), but don't like coconut water... although I haven't tried Naked's version. Naked - my first thought was clothing brand. ?? In relation to fruit or juice I think of pure fruit, nothing else in it or fruit without additives. People - yeah a baby or toddler - innocent/good sort of naked. Saw it some years ago in a health food store or grocery case... first impression was it's a better, healthier sort of fruit juice. Less processed. And yes expensive.