Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jargox

Jargox New Member

Sep 19, 2011
    I can't read that spreadsheet thing it redirects me and says Error on a google site:confused:

2. AyD3nRN

AyD3nRN New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    As per my previous post. I am aware getting a rainbow habitat doesn't guarantee 100% chance of getting a rainbow dragon. But does NOT having the habitat reduced the probably to 0%? Has anyone got the rainbow dragon first before they bought habitat? Obviously, it's not efficient to have an empty rainbow habitat, but I don't want to be trying to get the dragon in vain.

3. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    geeze this thread is dead....

4. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    The game seems to be dying too...Backflipstudios is making the same mistake other game developers make all the time, they don't try to stop hackers, and they don't update fast enough to stop people from leaving

5. duckee

duckee New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Uni Student
    Western Australia
    Air Dragon

Hi guys, just wondering how to go about getting an air dragon without spending gems. I heard somewhere that it's possible to get an air from breeding a fire and water dragon. Can anyone confirm that before I go mad breeding them?
    Thanx :p

6. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    are the dragons shown in the egg store the only ones that are breedable or are there more combinations than those shown?

7. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You can get an air dragon from breeding Fire and Water.

All dragons available in the store are the only dragons available.

Feel free to add me!

8. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I noticed today that Fire is the only habitat that doesn't have a negative penalty. For some reason Plant and Fire boost have a negative penalty to Cold. Because of this I only have a single dragon with a negative penalty right now, Ice Dragon, because of this. I think if they fix cold or plant (most likely cold) to give a negative penalty to Fire than you can tweak all 3 islands so that no one has a penalty.

9. Dude3755

Dude3755 New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Swamp dragon?

Is it actually called a swamp dragon or is it the moss dragon? Because I'm also trying to get a rainbow dragon. So far I haven't succeeded with my attempts. Please reply to me if anyone knows.

10. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    the moss dragon is something completely different. you unlock the water dragon at lvl 14 and breed that with plant and you get swamp or seaweed.

11. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Also i noticed something in the starting screen of dragonvale while its loading, did anyone else notice the big spiky dragon in the top left?at first i didnt think there would be a air type and that dragon was a dark type. This doesnt look like the rainbow dragon at all, so what do you think it is?

12. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I thought it was just a generic dragon shape, but I could be wrong! It would be cool to have light and dark dragons, and maybe some special-occasion dragons, only available at certain times of the year. And maybe some dragons inspired by real-world animals.... Well, whatever the developers' plans are, I hope we get some more little tidbits soon!

13. ar_mack

ar_mack New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Hey guys. I asked this in the other thread before it became an 'add me' zone.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not we will be able to upgrade the breeding cave?

14. StrykerB77W

StrykerB77W Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I haven't read anything that would say it would (or would not) happen. There is someone from Backflip Studios that pops in here once in a while but they're pretty good at keeping their secrets. Hope for the best but plan for the worst? :)

They have said there would be updates and more content coming, just not what it would be.

15. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    yeah the games losing its interest. getting sort of old

16. ar_mack

ar_mack New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Thanks Stryker! Backflip - if you're out there reading this: hook it up! :)

17. cmull328

cmull328 New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I'm unable to open the spreadsheet. Is there another way to post it?

I'm trying to find out if there's a way to breed a blazing dragon.

18. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    It tells you how to in game, you breed air+fire to get the blazing

19. Can you let me know your current position of each habitats, regarding the booost to avoid penalty?

Mine is this: Fire/Air/Plant/Light on island 1, Earth/Water/Plant on island 2, Cold/Lightning on island 3

20. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    hi. I posted on the other thread and thought I would post here too.

I got a rainbow egg this evening. Its in my nursery. I am so excited! I got it by breeding a level 10 seaweed and a level 9 firefly. I bred them 11 times back to back and the 11th time was the elusive rainbow egg. :)

I am going to try them again and also a couple other combos.

Great thread and thanks to all that share ideas and info.

Blessings