Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Miss Iyakin

Miss Iyakin New Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Hi guys!

I'm having a hard time breeding a flower dragon. I tried fire/plant but I got a poison dragon instead. Please advice :)

My GC id is: Miss Iyakin. Please add me to send gifts :) Thanks!

2. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Haha thats strange, Im having trouble breeding for a tree dragon, I keep getting a moss dragon. Im guessing it might just be 50/50 chance then and we must have really bad luck lol.

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congratulations on breeding a rainbow dragon :). I'm curious to know if the breeding time, before the egg was placed in the hatchery, was for 48hours? With the other eggs the breeding time matches the hatching time.

4. stogie53

stogie53 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Island ???

Does anyone know if you can move things between islands???

5. Mario_VWA

Mario_VWA New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Blue Fire dragon

Hey guys, I don't know if most of you still browse the other thread since it blew up with friend requests, but someone from Backflip posted a pic of a red egg with white snowflakes on it, and asked something to the effect of "what could this mysterious egg hatch into".

I managed to get it it with lvl 10 mountain + lvl 10 fire. Came out as a Blue Fire dragon. Altho I messed up and didn't note the breeding/incubation time. I tried the same dragons again but came up with a mountain dragon so like the rainbow dragon, it isn't a 100% chance.

Sorry it's not a post about the rainbow, but this one was a 'hidden' dragon, for lack of a better term.

Side note: you don't get any money for selling it which is kind of odd. And I've tried breeding it with different dragons, nothing special as of yet.

Good luck on your rainbows/blue fires!

6. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    The breeding time was 48 hours I believe. I did splurge and use gems to speed it up cause I was excited. The incubation time is 48 hours. Ill be happy to answer any questions.

I am trying for the blue fire dragon now. Has anyone else tried or gotten it?

7. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    Hi, I think I got the blue fire dragon egg. Its red with white snow flakes. Just like the picture Jables posted. So exciting! I now have rainbow in my nursery and blue fire dragon in my nursery!!

Add me. Still looking for friends. I am sending jems to whoever sends to me. If I don't get any then I am working through my list of friends, which isn't very long.

ID is Melanie Dreams.....may not be capitols or 2 words just not sure. New to game center ect.

Blessings

8. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for the info on the breeding time. :)

Now here's a funny coincidence, my friend on another forum that's mainly focused on We Rule (mojo-farm), breed herself a blue fire dragon. She has now bred two! She selected fire first and then ice. The breeding and incubation time are both 12 hours. She'd previously wanted to breed these two types together but the option wasn't available. Her forum name is... LisaDreams! :D

9. Mario_VWA

Mario_VWA New Member

Sep 11, 2011

Congrats! I'm curious, what combo/level did you use?

10. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Has there been a new update, then? I find that the dragons people are saying they used to get the "blue fire" variant are incompatible, for me. But I don't see anything in the app store. :-(

[edit] - Never mind; I was looking at the wrong dragon. Ha, ha! Some of them look so similar!

11. ryryfjp1

ryryfjp1 New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    help need gems

im kinda new well not realy im lvl 16 still havent breed a rainbow dragon. only have 5 friends on gc and lots of gems to hand out add me : ryryfjp
    if you send me gems ill send you some back.:D

12. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    Hi for blue fire dragons I used level 8 snow dragon and level 10 fire dragon in that order. I now have 2 blue fire eggs. :) I may hatch one early. lol

I believe Ice dragon and mountain dragon bred with fire will produce blue fire dragon. Looking at the egg I see the snow flakes for cold and red for fire. Just a thought

13. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Finally got a rainbow going today with L10 Firefly + Swamp dragon. I guess in 40hr+ I will start on that blue fire dragon. Was that a ninja patch of him? Seems odd we hadn't seen it yet.

14. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    #94 Melanie Dreams, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
    I am so happy for you Piscinarii!! The rainbow dragon!! Fantastic!!

I have more news!! I now have 2 rainbow eggs in my nursery and two blue dragon eggs in the nursery as well!!

I got this last rainbow by using Swamp level 8 and firefly level 10. This was a different firefly dragon then the one I got my first rainbow egg from yesterday,

I am so excited!! But I am trying to get through the level so I can get another habitat!! Rainbow one :)

Its so slow moving that bar!! What moves the bar the fastest? Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Oh I bred the dragons for tonights rainbow egg 5 times.

Blessings
    my ID is Melanie Dreams Not sure if its capitols. So if any one wants to see the nursery.

Blessings

15. Mario_VWA

Mario_VWA New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Sigh, congrats on your 2nd rainbow so close to your first. It's getting really frustrating for me considering I'm buying lots of gems to breed as many times as possible to get the rainbow...

Anyway, I find that growing the 24 hour food and building/selling regular air habitats is pretty effective at gaining xp.

16. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Building regular air habitats is the fastest way to level. I would just build 6-8 at a time, wait 8hrs, then sell and start over again.

17. ryryfjp1

ryryfjp1 New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    nice job on getting the rainbow. my swamp dragon is incubating right now.
    add me on gc : ryryfjp
    i gift gems back:D

18. Melanie Dreams

Sep 23, 2011
    Hi Mario

I know it can be frustrating trying to get rainbow ESP when you are putting in money. I did buy gems a couple of times to speed up incubating to keep nursery clear while I tried for rainbow and cold fire dragon.

Couple of questions....are u picking a pair and sticking with them for breeding. I know u buy gems so if you are speeding things up u can breed truely back to back for rainbow. What are you using to breed? For blue fire dragon and or rainbow?

Blessings

19. ryryfjp1

ryryfjp1 New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    i just found out that if you rally want to get gems realy badly without paying then just make a bunch of gamecenter accounts and you dont really have to lvl up in them yoou can just send your real account gems every day. and i was just wonder how long do the dragons incubate for if their making a rainbow dragon. i dont want to kno the hatching time i kno its 48hrs im talking about how llong do the dragons do it to make a rainbow dragon.
    add me : ryryfjp
    thnx in advance:D

20. Asb9895

Asb9895 New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    It's 48 hours to breed and 48 hours to hatch.

Game center: ASB98