Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Taitai1999

Taitai1999 Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Sorry

Haha. Sorry for the absent.

I kinda got REALLY bored of the game. Trying to get back into it though. Sigh.

Congratz girlpower! 2 months is an awfully long time to wait, don't ya think?;) Anyways I have been trying for either a sun or moon but to no avail. I just recently breeded a BlueFire though. Yay? So hopefully the game will update. BF is losing a lot of fans right now. :(

2. jonathanhohoho

jonathanhohoho Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    getting bored of this game.

3. roxanne_85

roxanne_85 New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I agree. I have been trying everything I can think of to get a rainbow dragon and now I have to hope for a moon and sun as well. I am starting to think I am doing something wrong. Does anyone have any insight into breeding dragons living on the same island vs on different islands???

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I just got my Moon dragon incubating right now (with BlueFire and Crystal), but I still have not gotten Sun, Rainbow nor Sandstorm.

I tried breeding for a Sandstorm for the longest time until I decided to try my luck on Moon and Sun. I'm just really unlucky with Sandstorm I guess...

@roxanne_85: My BlueFire and Crystal dragons were on different islands, so I think it's just luck-based.

5. z-train

z-train New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Rainbow!!

I got a rainbow dragon today! After trying the seaweed and lava combination I tried crystal and blazing and it worked! Blazing on the left (level 10) and crystal on the right (level 8). Didn't expect it to work because the crystal was only level 8 and I'd been told they must be 10.

It is definitely random! And I've been trying for a blue fire for ages, but no luck yet. Keep trying! It will work eventually!:)

6. CinQ8

CinQ8 Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm not having luck

I've tried a few things now & can't seem to breed sun moon or rainbow...does it matter what level ur on??

7. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Congrats @girlpower!!! Finally!!! ;)

On a side note my son decided to put two blueys together today and yup....12 hours....ugh

8. Bluangl27

Nov 15, 2011
    #988 Bluangl27, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    There is an update!!! New dragons....time to rip my hair out
    It looks really cool...snow covered everything. Very nice job!
    The epic breeding island is there...for 125 gems only. Kind of pisses me off a bit. At level 20 I'm stuck and don't want to spend real money. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

9. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Oh my god, this is so exciting!! New dragons etc etc, waiting for my update to download now!

10. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Epic breeding island installed and reindeer dragon hatched!! So cool!! Shame it cost gems for the island but was happy to pay for once, don't do it often!

11. Bluangl27

Nov 15, 2011
    I ended up paying too. It is a shame. But having never really spent money on it in four months I guess it's ok.
    Which dragons did you use for the reindeer? Tree and cold didn't work for me.

12. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Certainly looks very wintery and the dragon is gorgeous...... Even the trees have lost their leaves for winter....
    Narakai

13. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    What do you breed to make a reindeer dragon???

14. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    It does look very festive!! (but I don't want the snow to stay for too long!) I would have liked another island, not being greedy or anything!

15. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Reindeer dragon

I tried snow and tree first without success. Then I used cold and swamp, this gave me my reindeer! Short breeding time to, only 5 hours, so used some gems.

16. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Use cold and swamp, in that order

17. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    #997 knoids, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    thanks! (i cant do it yet becuase i am level 13 and you need to be level 14 to have the water dragon and you need the water dragon to get the swamp dragon. At least i think so.)

almost level 14!

18. Bluangl27

Nov 15, 2011
    Thank you! I guess now I need to try for that one and my elusive moon. :p
    Hope that the "epic breeding island" pulls its weight!

19. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Yup. Cold and swamp. Worked the first time for me. Have tried again since and worked second time. 5 hr breed and hatch time. Very pretty egg too. Happy reindeer dragon breeding everyone. It doesn't appear to be a difficult one this time.
    Narakai

20. NZCanuck2011

NZCanuck2011 Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Yeah - I have 118million and can't do anything. Disappointing update. Guess it's time to delete and move on.