Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Shrines

Does anyone understand what the shrines do yet? My plant shrine is finished but I don't see that it levels up the dragons or anything????

2. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I'm with you. I would have liked an extra island to decorate and move my dragons about.

3. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Pfft just updated it and still don't see the new island... The app keeps telling me to update and app store says up to date. Not even that geat of an update anyway, they're just cashing in now!

4. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    #1004 glory87, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    I read the description when construction was completed, it said something like: once you've leveled up 50 (yes 50) dragons with plant essence to level 10, then the shrine will activate and you can take plant dragons higher than level 10. 50 dragons! Holy smokes - I am currently 9/50.

I tried cold and tree to get a reindeer dragon, that didn't work. Definitely going to try the cold+swamp option next. I have all the other dragons, so looking forward to a new one.

I've never bought gems, so 125 for the epic breeding island is pretty tough.

5. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Shrines

Does anyone understand what the shrines do yet? My plant shrine is finished but I don't see that it levels up the dragons or anything????

No don't worry, I understand now!! You need to breed 50 dragons of the type of the shrine to level 10. Don't think I have the room or capacity for that!!

6. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Maybe we can level them to 10, then sell them and level another to 10?

7. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    Hi AndyPandy. I have read on another forum some people were having trouble with the update. After they reinstall all apparently works ok.
    Well, I am back to twiddling my thumbs. Finished all the breeding and swapping things and buying things and still level 20. Been there for months no credit for the xps you would have earnt while waiting for the update. I do have the egg for reindeer in my hatchery and the dragon at level 10 in a habitat. Drop by and have a look.
    To fill in time waiting for this update, I started playing pocket frogs. Now that game will keep you occupied trying to get the 70 plus achievements.
    Narakai

8. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    FYI - as I mentioned earlier, I bred my reindeer with child and swamp but on another forum I see people are also having success with blue fire and plant.
    I hope you all get the reindeer dragon before it disappears like bone.
    Good luck.
    Narakai

9. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    Ooops that should be cold and swamp not child and swamp... Hehehehehehe

10. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Has anyone bought the epically expensive island yet? I'm a bit miffed at the cost, as gold is essentially worthless in this game. If you did shell out the gems (or cash for the gems), have you had any extra luck?

11. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The shrines do seem to suggest we have to recycle all our dragons over and over to hit the needed numbers. Ugh....really not up for doing that. I put them because they look nice though for decoration. I'm also mid level 20 now so they upped us a bit. But....even when I get the reindeer I have to sell some others off since I'm totally maxed out. Wish they gave the epic AND an additional regular island. The new food farms are good. Can get food super quick for a higher price.
    All in all, I'm happy for the update. Kind of wish they made the epic for cash since us level 20ers have too much money with nothing to spend it on and an additional island.
    Glad too that the reindeer seems easy. I fudged up on two breedings by accident so have to wait about 8 hours to try cold/swamp for that.
    I did splurge on the epic. If anyone wants to see it I'm bluangl27 on GC. It better work....haha..

12. AndyPandy26

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Thanks, that worked. Not too keen on all the snow. Had a look at your island, very nice, and very full! That reindeer sure is a cute dragon! That breeding island isn't much, I was thinking a full size island.

I tried pocket frogs but deleted soon after, pocket potions is keeping me going for now untill 125 gems mount up...

13. Frazhe

Frazhe Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Just got to level 21 after getting 50 level 10 plant dragons.

level 21 unlocks the cold shrine and i assume 22+ will unlock the others.

All my plant essence dragons are able to go to level 15 now.

Leveling from 14-15 takes a whooping 41k dragonfood for each 1/4 of a level.

I used it on a poison dragon and upon leveling to 11, it shows a large electric like green orb with a leaf symbol inside over its head. The dragon also grows bigger in size but there were no other notable physical changes.

My moss dragon, seaweed dragon, and flower dragon though had brown, blue, and red orbs above their heads respectively.

Add me: frazhe on gc if you want to check it out

14. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    To be honest I didn't notice the difference.

15. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    I was hoping for a full sized dragon too. Oh well maybe next time.

I will give pocket potions a go too. Thanks AndyPandy.

16. Nightriders

Nightriders New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Plant Shrine (update)

(sorry for my bad english) Once you raise 50 elemental dragons to level 10(for example 50 plant dragon, the plant shrine will be activated ) , you can now raise your plant dragon including hybrid dragons to level 15( max level,) you will see that there will be a colored orb on their head ... Hmmm food is very important because level 15 dragon will consume 40,960 x4...

17. Avenger

Avenger Member

Sep 10, 2009
    What's the point of raising a dragon to level 15 though? At level ten most of the ordinary habitats max out their money holdings in no time already. Can you breed rare dragons quicker or something if they are at a higher level?

18. AndyPandy26

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Arghh, thought I read cold and moss worked, it was cold and MUD! 14 hour mistake lol...

19. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Well....cold and swamp got me another swamp I think (9 hour wait)....no reindeer. This game is destined to make me insane. :p

20. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey all -

Update means I'm going to play again! :)

Curious though, because I gave up trying to breed the dragons I needed...What are known combinations/criterion to breed:

Blue Fire
    Sun
    Moon
    Reindeer

Rainbow I know Seaweed/Firefly has been the best, but I'm giving up on that for now. :p

Also, feel free to add me! Daily gems are good gems! ;)