Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. glory87

glory87 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Tried blue fire and plant, got a 12 hour incubation. Another blue fire, I guess. Kinda funny considering how long it took me to get the first one

2. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Just bred a brand new fire and new storm in the epic cave and got a 48 hour timer! Better be that moon! I'm hoping it is since it's almost 11 pm here. I don't know if it's the cave itself or just the new dragons since that has worked for me in the past. Coincidence or not....no idea.
    My second five hour timer wasn't a second reindeer. So bred cold/swamp just now again in the regular cave and got another 5 hours. Hoping it's the second reindeer.
    Now the two day wait to see what the egg is. Not going to buy gems since I spent money to get the epic cave.
    Also I'm on level 22. All it opens is the lightning shrine. Somewhat disappointed there isn't another habitat. I won't have much else to do in the game if this is the moon. Except wait for another update.

3. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Cold/Swamp did not give me a reindeer :(
    (In the original breeding cave) will try bluefire/plant next I think.
    On a different note, I acheived the 'every last one' on GC today after hatching sundragon...weird thing is I haven't got my rainbow yet?!
    I am up for the Christmas gem trade...
    schnizler

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Reminder:

This thread is for discussing strategies and tips for Dragonvale (as mentioned in the thread title).

This strategy thread is NOT for arranging gem swaps etc.

You can seek Dragonvale friends and arrange gem swaps here:
    http://toucharcade.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105689

5. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    Reindeer Dragon

I have bred two reindeer dragons back to back on myh first try using snow+plant on the breeding island. If that helps anyone....:)

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi ya Andy Pandy,
    Lol, the exact same thing happened to me just before when I was collecting party hats.....it happened to 5 of my GC friends....I was thinking I must be levelling them up by collecting? :D
    Can't remember who they all were now though

Just off topic for a moment.......
    Re: PP app....I have been trying to send you gifts but it won't work :confused:
    It says I have 1x gift to give you but when I hit it it does nothing :(
    Then if I go visit Bluangl27 or another of my GC friends who doesn't post on this forum, I can give them both gifts????
    I will try again tomorrow and thanks for yours.

Now back on topic....
    Gosh I fly interstate for a night (work Xmas party) WHOO HOO, got back late last night....way too tired(1 hrs sleep) to even know what my 48 timer has produced....until today....it's a MOON egg! So pleased I got that one first, cause its my fav.....then look at the forum and nearly fall over when I read there's an update, a raindeer dragon (initially reaction can't be repeated on here) but the nice version was oh great ANOTHER rare, impossible to get for girlpower dragon!
    Then I see read another Island (mini) but costs 125 gems....GRR, can't remember how many I have got.....so back into DV to look....phew I had 126!
    So, brought the thing, now waiting for it to finish....then onto trying for a rain deer...hopefully before Xmas day huh

7. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    @ girlpower: i suggest using the cold swamp combo

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1048 girlpower, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    WHOO HOO! It's a MOON egg...

Hey forum friends,
    Got back from Sydney late last night, (work Xmas party) exhausted after only 1 hrs sleep and after climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge..well 6 of us did...the other 5 didn't pass the breathaliser test (oops) so they went to the pub instead...
    Hmm, these young uns......anyway you know I must have been wrecked, cause I knew my 48 hr timer would be finished, all I had to do was put the egg in the nursery to see what I had :rolleyes:

Well that had to wait for mid morning,.... it was so worth the extra wait...
    As you can see by the header....it was my real hope come true this time.....my moon baby egg....so rapt I got this one before the sun or a second rainbow..... It's my fav dragon.....cute as can be me thinks.

My goodness, gone for 1 1/2 days and so much to catch up on.....a post from Bluagl27 saying an update has been released...so off the forum and into the app store to have a looky look....another dragon....hope I can say yay as I have to wait for mini, oh I mean 'epic' Island to be ready.....sarcasm intended.......

Upgraded treat farms....where to fit those???? and shrines now? Wow, looks like I am a million miles from the magic 50 mark, does this mean I should have been replacing ALL those breeding failures to get the 50 count instead of either placing them, then selling them or straight out selling the eggs?
    Can someone clarify exactly how this 50 lvl 10 x plant, earth, fire shrine thing works please, still too tired to think too hard about it all hehe

Also......I would like to specially thank the following posters for your words of encouragement after I posted I had a 48 hr time....had to go back over the posts, so listed in order of post names...

Pealeaf, Hookedat40, Dando1998, Herpetologist (cruisin the high seas) Taitai1998 and last but far from least Bluangl27

Yours and everyone else's support is soooo much appreciated.....

Oh, and I am not sure who else gave me gems whilst I was away, first time I have experienced the pop up saying
    3 names and others....darn that's frustrating, so could those of you who did give me gems in the last two days just pm me (this is the wrong forum area to post this) so please pm me so I can reciprocate back.

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1049 girlpower, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    Thanks Jornpod, just waiting for either the 'epic' Island or my other breeding pair to finish, can't hurry them up now, not enough gems hehe.

10. Jornpod

Nov 12, 2011
    Anyone some tips for sandstorm ? I'm having problems with it

11. ~J~

~J~ Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Software Developer
    London
    Air+Mud did it for me, both at level 10

12. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    #1052 Dmdaily10, Dec 4, 2011
    @hookedat40...funny, I received that "every last one" message as well and I don't have a sun dragon. I've actually received that notification twice! Must be a glitch. As for the Raindeer dragon, I too received one after breeding a cold + swamp in the new breeding cave. It was my third or forth try.

Still not sure I'm keen on these new shrines and all the effort with little reward. :(

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1053 girlpower, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    Reindeer egg - yay

Hi guys/gals,

Got my reindeer egg incubating right now :)
    Tried cold/swamp, in the 'epic' cave, but still on an 8 hr timer.
    Had to wait for a sun failure to finish in main cave, then used ice/willow both lvl 10....got a 5 hr timer....was hoping it was a reindeer but it could have been a seaweed too.....good news Rudolph's on the way ;)

Now trying ice/plant and got another 5 hr timer, so hope it's a second reindeer.
    Decided to try and get two before Xmas, pretty eggs....gosh it's so nice to get something after only a couple of tries.....a whole new experience for me these days......I could get used to this.....:p

14. Bluangl27

Nov 15, 2011
    #1054 Bluangl27, Dec 4, 2011
    Seems cold and swamp only worked once for me so far. I keep getting seaweed eggs. And my darling son took my phone as I was sleeping. When the cold/swamp was done he put my two suns in the second cave. Now I have two day waits in both caves due to that snafu. Grrrrr....
    I really wanted to work on a second reindeer. :p I don't know what to do with the sun egg which obviously I'm thinking that's what it will be. It feels bad to sell it but no room.
    Any advice for my 8 year old daughter? She is level 12 and is dying for a reindeer. I feel bad. She doesn't have the water dragons or the ones that seem to work. I'm just going to try the cold she has with the plants (moss, tree) and keep my fingers crossed for her. Anyone have luck with those combos for Rudolf?

Yay @girlpower! A moon and a reindeer. You deserve it so much after all the aggravation. ;)

15. NgaoMiu

NgaoMiu New Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I'm nearly sick with sun,moon and rainbow dragon.I've try hundreds of times but they seem not to be appeared.I hope some1 can help me to get them.
    I've already got Reindeer dragon,it's so easy.I got it on a first try with Cold and Tree dragon.
    I'm NgaoMiu in GC and really need your help!

16. Bluangl27

Nov 15, 2011
    I know it's frustrating. I tried for weeks and weeks for the sun dragon. Finally using two new dragons I got the first one. Was a mountain/storm which is a weird combo I hadn't seen before. The best results have been with fire/storm for moon and sun. Got my second sun and now hopefully moon that way. Always with newly hatched dragons (not my veteran ones). I don't know if that's the trick but it worked for me with bluey, sun, and now moon. Hope that helps a bit. :)

17. BumbleBeez

BumbleBeez Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Need Dragonvale Game Center Help Please

I recently started playing Dragonvale. I have tried adding friends so that I can exchange gems with people, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I get and send game center friend requests. And I can see my list of friends in game center, but they do not import to Dragonvale. My friends send me gems, but there is no way for me to send them back.

I have restarted the iphone (4S in case it matters) several times, I have logged out of game center and back in, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dragonvale. None of this has made any difference at all. The ONLY friends I see in Dragonvale are my fb friends.

It has been a few days since my addition of my first friend, and still, no game center friends show in the app itself.

Any suggestions? Did anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Does anyone know who I would contact for support?

18. BumbleBeez

BumbleBeez Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Yep, every single one plays Dragonavale. I think I have probably killed it (from the task bar) about 50 times in the last day or so. I've even killed it an restarted the phone!

No one from game center ever shows up in my dragonvale friends.

I wonder if putting it on my old 3GS and logging in from there would make a difference?

19. Jornpod

Nov 12, 2011
    Tip for a 2nd reindeer is reindeer + plant . Max fail should be 15 secs and i tried it and got a 3rd reindeer immediatly ... Now the question is keep it or sell it

20. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Was that on the epic island or in regular breeding cave?