Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Yay for you! So great that you had enough gems to get your epic island straight away. I guess I should not have been using mine so frivolously!
    I am also confused about the shrines...it does appear that you would need to start breeding all again and I don't know if I am up for that! I also hope this snow theme doesn't last all winter; I see enough of it up here in Canada! I like the snow covered trees and buildings and bare branches, but the total white out on the ground is hard to look at, especially now that my kids have almost completely covered my islands in stone paths.

2. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    for all of you that want to see the breeding island

[​IMG]

3. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    On the epic one ... Haven't tried it in normal since i am still missing 4 dragons ... But i think it is worth giving it a shot since the only ( i think) possible fail is plant wich is 15 secs

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1064 girlpower, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    Thanks mate :) it does feel kinda nice right now, and that moon dragon will be the most loved and cherished dragon imaginable....gotta think of an appropriate name for her.....AND I kid you not, I just got a second reindeer egg straight up with a different combo......so thought I would push my lucky streak and try again for that dreaded thorn in my side sandstorm with another air/mud combo in that magical mini...oops I mean epic cave..,..haha, no go...gee big surprise there...next it is sun dragon try in normal cave....but nope, no go again there.

Oh no.....Your son wanted another sun....sorry bad joke.
    Darn, that's a good way to tie up the love cave huh..I sure wish I could take that spare sun (not son) off your hands mate :p

Now I may be able to help your daughter......does she have the ice dragon by any chance yet?
    I got my first reindeer straight up with ice/willow, and then got a second one straight up with ice/plant....egg currently in nursery.
    I did try cold/swamp but got an 8 hr fail.

If she doesn't have ice, maybe try cold/willow or cold/plant?
    I hope she gets her reindeer real soon and you may have to change that password on the iPhone :rolleyes:

5. jonathanhohoho

jonathanhohoho Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    If its still not a reindeer,I think you should try cold and tree.I got my reindeer yesterday.

6. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
    Today I am going to email backfilp studios to ask them to make the epic breeding cave to be able to be brought with coins and gems.wait..whats the email of backefilp?

7. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Hookedat40 :) it's great to have something to look forward to (moon baby), I don't even mind the wait at all.

Just thought I would let you know that I got both my reindeers in the normal love cave....I tried the first time with the cold/swamp combo on the epic Island, but got an 8 hr fail.
    Then back to back tries with two different combos already mentioned in post above and got both one after the other in the original love cave.....I think their write up of the mystical magical epic love cave is just fancy meaningless talk....randomness is never far away in this game - just my opinion based on my own observations anyway.

I have been testing this shrine accomplishment thing.....looks like 50 dragons associated with each shrine have to be levelled to 10, eg plant shrine = levelling all dragons with plant mix in them, selling and rehatching and levelling as you go until you have 50.....then the same thing for earth and fire....then it will be lightning, cold, air no doubt.

It's a good way to get through the coins that have been piling up as they will have to now go to growing a ton of dragon treats to not only lvl them to 10, but beyond that once the shrine activates.......just a way to fill in time between updates I guess.....why oh why they didn't give us the option of another normal sized Island is beyond me....AND a nursery upgrade too by the way, one of my egg holders is still holding a spare Bluey, and if you get long incubation times, this ends up defeating the purpose of two breeding caves which of course we have wanted for ages...guess I am gonna have to sell my Bluey egg :(

8. Losh101

Losh101 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Sorry, this is off topic but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to breed a sandstorm dragon? I've been trying for a long time and I like to breed my own dragons, not purchase them but the wait is getting very silly ;)

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi there, wish I could offer help but just want to say I am in the same boat myself and won't be buying if for 1000 gems ever!
    Guess you have tried the air/mud combo a gazillion times too including reversing them? I have also tried air/tree and what ever else was mentioned but keep going back to air/mud because of the shorter fail times....even tried using a brand new mud dragon that I fed to lvl 10, but so far no go.

If/when you do get succeed, please post here to let others know and it's not off topic as this is a strategies thread on all dragons...it's just that sun moon and now reindeer are a hot topic right now :D
    Good luck

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's as follows:
    [email protected]
    good luck

11. Dando1998

Dando1998 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    #1071 Dando1998, Dec 5, 2011
    Reindeer dragon

Finally got my reindeer dragon after 5-6 tries. Got it with ice (10)+ grass (7).
    Very christmassy egg, love the mistletoe!

Don't think the I'll be able to get the epic cave...I never spend any money on things unless I have a giftcard and 125 gems just seems too much to save u with colluseum winnings and gifts...I does seem that it results in rare eggs more often, based on girlpower's success (woohoo! So excited for you!)

I also got my sun dragon a while back but completly forgot to post it, so I forget what combo I used.

12. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks, girlpower! I'm a bit more interested in now that I know how this works. So essentially, we have to hatch and level 50 dragons of the same breed (I.e. plant, fire, etc), but we can sell them along the way. I was worried about having to turn my entire park into plant habitats. :)

Be sure to accept my friend request!

13. Losh101

Losh101 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hey, Girlpower. I have tried all level 10s. Air, sonic, fog, and snow with anything that has to do with earth. So that includes moss, tree, earth, mud, quake, and even crystal if it has any earth properties (haven't checked up on that). But no sandstorm. I did try the air and mud to no avail. Thanks for the advice. I will try it in my new fancy breeding cave. :) I will definitely post when I am successful and let everyone know how I solved the mystery of breeding the elusive sandstorm dragon. And when I do get that fella, ima make him starve for a day for making my life so difficult! Ha ha :D

14. Losh101

Losh101 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Oh geez, didn't know about that! I've been selling my dragons and their habitats, trying to make way for all the plant habitats! Thanks for the info. Now my worlds don't have to be so green :)

15. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
  16. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
    Jusrt send backfilp an email.now waiting for replie...................................

17. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I swear @girlpower when I saw he had put two sun dragons I almost had a heart attack. Trust me, if I hadn't gotten that 48 hour timer last night in the oh so epic cave I would have bonked my head against the wall. ;p
    I wish I could gift that sun egg to you!!! I totally feel awful selling it knowing people are trying hard to get just one. Now I'm just waiting to see if the epic cave one is that moon. If not, you will hear me bonk my head all the way to where you live. Hehe...
    Sure you don't want my son too? ;)
    Poor dtr only has moss and tree so far with the regular cold dragon. No ice as of yet. I'm going to help her along a bit in the next few weeks to try to get her that reindeer. I'm guessing it will be around til Christmas or hopefully even New Years. Worse comes to worse if all fails I will buy it for her. (which you know I hate to do)
    I saw your two reindeer! I happen to think they are so cute. I want two as well for later. Made that mistake with the bone over Halloween.

18. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
    #1078 jonathanhohoho, Dec 5, 2011
    what the heck?I got a private message saying that I had include my gamecenter name in my post and my post was deleted?what the heck is this?There are so many post which have gc names.:confused:By the way I am going to try for sandstorm and then sun and moon then lvl25.thenstop playing.then the next update i see what new dragons there are then breed them and ok.....

19. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
    merry christmas and happy new year!hope theres is a new year dragon!

my gc:wu yun xiang

20. jonathanhohoho

Nov 22, 2011
    girlpower,whats your gc?