Universal Drifty Dash - Smashy Wanted Road Rage - with Multiplayer (by Henry Sorren)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by davidtrouss33, Jun 14, 2016.

?

What is your favorite game mode?

1. Demolition

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Capture the Flag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gold Rush

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Survival

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Freeplay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. YulioSkiChen2304

Feb 10, 2016
    Could you explain what the weapons do? From the name and symbol I'm still not always sure what they do or how to use them.

2. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Slightly awkward but brilliant. This could develop into a real classic.

3. davidtrouss33

davidtrouss33 Active Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Awkward how so? :p Can you give me some suggestions?

Thank you! It means a lot, I have been trying to develop a game for a long time that I could develop and grow. :D something that can turn into a really amazing game.

4. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    Yes! I will post the weapons here, each with its own post so users can respond to each one ok? Just give me a few moments.

5. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    It's probably just me, but the game seems a bit too hectic. If it were a little slower I could appreciate the vehicles and landscapes more. As it is, it's hard not to crash, much less escape the enemies. On the other hand, the speed gives it a good sense of postapocalyptic wildness and desperation... It's a lot of fun!

6. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    Do you think the enemies pile on too soon? It was a struggle to try and find the right spawn rate

I agree about the speed, originally it was much slower but just didn't give the desperation feeling. Let me know what else you think :) I am always open to all feedback

7. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    BOMB: This is a tracking bomb that will follow the closest enemy and accelerate into it. It may destroy 1-3 cars in a single shot.

[​IMG]
    MINE: Works like a standard mine, Drop this somewhere narrow, where the enemies will have to cross.

[​IMG]
    MISSILE: This missile will track and blow up the nearest enemy.

[​IMG]
    SPIKES: This drops 3 bouncy spikes that will bounce until they hit an enemy.

[​IMG]
    FIRE: This shoots out a long trail of flames behind your car, so driving in circles is often the best technique for this one, any enemy that gets caught in the trail will burst into flames and then explode.

post #1
    5/18 Weapons

8. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    NUKE: This weapon works like the missile but is 10x more effective, and can often wipe out an entire area of enemies in a single shot.

[​IMG]
    DEMOLITION BALL: This spike ball connect to the back of your car, use it to swing into enemies.

[​IMG]
    ICE: This works just like the fire trail, but instead of enemies bursting into flames, they become ice blocks shortly before shattering into different chunks.

[​IMG]
    OIL: This is just like FIRE and ICE, but leaves an oil trail.

[​IMG]
    RHINO: This is one of my personal favorites, it covers your car in spikes for 15 seconds, and lets you crash into any car without getting damaged.

9. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    SPIKE BALLS: This drops 3 bouncy spikes that blow up on impact.

[​IMG]
    RAINBOW BOMB: This is another one of my favorites, it shoots 9 bright colored bombs into the sky like fireworks, blowing up any enemies in the area.

[​IMG]
    WREK: This is similar to the mine, as this weapon doesnt move at all, it stays wherever you place it, any enemy that hits it blows up.

[​IMG]
    BIG: This makes your car bigger, allowing you to run and crush over any cars.

[​IMG]
    BOOST: 15 seconds of highspeed turbo boost.

10. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    SMALL: This shrinks down your car and gives you a speed boost

[​IMG]
    SHIELD: This protects you and lets you crash into other cars, resulting in them exploding.

[​IMG]
    STAR: This turns your car into a rainbow (similar to mario kart) and makes you indestructible for 15 seconds.

11. YulioSkiChen2304

Feb 10, 2016
    Whenever I used the star weapon thing it just made my car invisible, and indestructible forever :confused: is that supposed to happen?

12. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    This is another bug we have in the current version, we are updating as we speak! Thank you for letting us know about this

13. YulioSkiChen2304

Feb 10, 2016
    Ok, I will keep an eye out for it, I'm glad I finally joined toucharcade, I found so many cool games just in 24 hours. :D:D

14. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    Yes, thats exactly why I posted my game here, it's the best place for it, so many people come here to check out new games.

15. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    SCREENSHOTS WANTED​
    Hello everyone reading this thread! I wanted to involve the readers a bit more, and request that they post some of their favorite screenshots that they got as they have played Drifty Dash! So far a lot of people have emailed me with theirs but I think this would be a better place for it. Maybe comment your screenshot, which car you were driving and why it was your favorite. :D

16. zombiebae9494

zombiebae9494 Member

Aug 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

Here is my screenshot! This is from one of the bugs you talked about before, where it makes you invincible, because of this they couldn't kill me and so the cops and tanks just kept coming and coming. It was from Freeplay I believe. :)

17. Mangaloverme

Mangaloverme Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Here is my screenshot, as requested! This is one of my favorites so far, as you can see the cop actually flipped my car upside down in the air, which was f****ng dope.
    [​IMG]

18. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    :D I'm glad our bugs provide such entertainment lol

19. davidtrouss33

Feb 10, 2016
    I'm glad you like this feature! We put a lot of work into the physics system that would create this moments, and it's something we will keep developing as time goes on!

20. YulioSkiChen2304

Feb 10, 2016
    [​IMG]
    This isnt really my favorite but its the only one I saved so far..