Drop Flip by BorderLeap

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by borderLeap, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for the preview of this game! I really do like all your games. Of course I have favorites (Alpha Omega, the Harmony ones) but all are done with such quality. And it's wonderful that the older game (Blendamaze) is not neglected!!

I just downloaded this and started playing, so am only up to Level 11. Level 9 had me stumped for a while, but eventually got it. The more I play, the more I understand the best way to arrange the obstacles. Some levels are tricky, but I enjoy the challenge!

This game is very different from your recent ones, like your Word games and the Brain game ( The Harmony series). This one kind of heartens back to Blendamaze, with its physics component. I enjoy the variety and not knowing what type of game to expect next. No one trick pony, that's for sure!

You were right about the music...it's relaxing and fits the game. The graphics are minimalistic and very well done.

Thanks again! Back to playing. ###

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    i just played it and very very fun!! Great job. My opinion is that you should add unlockable balls!! Byt overall great job and fun game!#

3. borderLeap

borderLeap Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Founder & Game Creator @ BorderLeap
    Thanks and glad you're enjoying it :) Thanks too for the suggestion about unlockable balls... Definitely a concept I've thought much about throughout development but I wanted to nail the core gameplay mechanic and keep gameplay quick, simple and fun. I found that the process of choosing a ball (weight, bounciness, etc) became a bit tedious and detracted from gameplay. There could however be a variation of this for a future update.

And thank you Cccee for your excellent comments :D

4. Alyce Kat

Alyce Kat Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Love this game so far, it's very crafty. Especially levels where there there are obstacles that swing, though all of the albums are amazing, and challenging. :)

5. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Just an FYI..... Gamezebo gave Drop Flip a nice little review. They liked it.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Big Fan of Borderleap as I have purchased most of your games. I am probably late to the party for an early preview / promo code but would love one if possible. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

7. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Very nice addition to Borderleap's oeuvre. Simple, fun, easy to pick up and play. Graphics are a bit too similar to the current trend of minimalist neon (see Super Sharp for example), but it works fine for the game.
    It's not a super tricky or deep game but it is quite addictive and has that simplistic allure that has become trademark for Borderleap - simple concept, simple look, but keeps you coming back for more and more. Doesn't quite top the har-mo-ny series, but very fitting with your aesthetic and a great short-burst physics puzzler.

8. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    #28 borderLeap, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Thank you! Definitely not too late... I have a few left and will have one to you shortly ;)

Noticed that too - fantastic article by Jim. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your comments and feedback - appreciated much! Very glad to hear you're enjoying it and was great to read this above :)

One of my personal challenges in this game (as touched on in the comment below about unlockable balls) has been to continually simplify... this in regards to both UI and game mechanics. Ultimately my goal being to create that ideal blend of rich gameplay wrapped in a clean design that's as simple as possible. I love that phrase "less is more" ;)

9. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    My fingers are itching to try this, but I'll wait for the official launch and buy it to support the developer.
    put my money where my fingers are, as the saying goes :D

10. FFarabi

FFarabi Active Member

Mar 17, 2016
    The Commonwealth
    Promising as usual.

As any previous Borderleap game, has a cool vibe to it, especially with the colors. :)

11. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thank you both! :D

12. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Drop Flip will be dropping into the App Store this Thursday, March 31st!

For those of you who have the game, I'd love to hear about what level you've made it to :)

13. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Can't wait, this wiil be fun.

Good luck with your launch.

14. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yup, I know what I will be playing this weekend!

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #35 pluto6, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Thank you Borderleap for sending me a preview. I am up to Level 22, but am having quite a lot of trouble with the timing of that one.

I have more fun figuring out the static ones, but there is no doubt the moving ones are more challenging. Especially the ones where one of the objects is used as a bat.

There is a lot of clever variation within the theme. As always, BorderLeap does a great job with music interacting with movement and is very immersive. Colors and graphics are perfect for me.

Perfect pick up and play. Hopefully I can get the timing for 22. Will report back.

Ok, got past level 22. Up to level 36. The current mplexity levels is great, and I like there are frequently more than one way to solve a given level, particulary with the moving objects.

16. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Hi there. Loving your game! Some levels are pretty tricky but I like a challenge. I'm up to level 30.

17. Alyce Kat

Alyce Kat Member

Mar 4, 2015
    This game is quite a lot of fun! I e made it to level 44. :)

18. Dazzy1975

Dazzy1975 Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Wow this game looks awesome can't wait to try this week :)

19. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the feedback :) Congrats to those of you who've made it into the 30s and even 40s!

20. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    The Game is already out in Germany. :)
    I'm up to Level 21.