Universal Drop Wizard (by Gionathan Pesaresi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Jan 7, 2015.

1. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    No borders but it defiantly is somewhat blurry since its scaled to the bigger screen

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this ! Took a while to get used to the slightly different way it plays, eg just left/right buttons, guys always moving you cant stop.

But played a fair few levels now and its great. It really is a brilliant homage to those classic 80's games. Graphics are great, small filesize as well. Game of the week for me

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It probably is as it fills my iPad Air 2 screen with no borders or anything.

So far it's ok maybe not my kind of thing but I'll give it a bit more of a chance to see if it opens up a bit.

5. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Loving this game a bunch! Anyone here old enough to have played Neo Geo? This is like "Nightmare in the Dark" on Mushrooms! Love the nonstop action and need for quick thinking. Art style is a lot of fun too. Easily worth the entry fee!

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #26 ROGER-NL, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Simple to control hard to master, very hard to master actually.

7. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Well, I just finished it (ish—I haven't seen the 'proper' ending yet), and it's absolutely glorious all the way through. If you're a fan of classic single-screen platform games that move at pace, you HAVE to buy this game. To my mind, it feels like a classic arcade title—a Bubble Bobble or Snow Bros.—that's been teleported into the iPad and given perfect touch controls. Loads of smart design throughout, visually and also in the way it gradually adds to its arsenal of foes to lob at you. Great stuff.

8. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Downloading! Haven't even read any impressions. I loved Lost Yeti sooooo much, I just had to get their next game.

9. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Well darned if this isn't just the most charming lillte pile of pixels.

10. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Works great on my iPad mini but just hangs on my iPhone 6 8.1.2 uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting does nothing to help :(

11. imjustmike

imjustmike Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Looks like fun, and the music is cool. Will download when I get on wifi

12. Neutronized

Neutronized Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    Sorry about the issue. Works fine on our iPhone 6 with 8.1.2.

Please contact us at our support address over at neutronized.com

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I have no problems with it either.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Been waiting on this one for a while, great to see it released. I was expecting a $2.99 price tag, a buck is a steal for this. Downloading now. Can't wait to sink some time into it!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    For anyone on the fence, lovely little 4.5/5 from everyone's favorite website...TouchArcade. :)

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #36 Andy C83, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Spot on review, really. Drop Wizard is a joy to play and like Cyg mentioned 0.99p/$ is a steal, as is the norm with these types of quality games with no IAP.

There are 5 chapters, each chapter has 2 Acts. Each Act has 5 normal stages plus a boss stage. Also, the app description mentions 'secret game modes' which I haven't discovered yet.

I don't really have much more to add to what's already been said. I'll try to let my videos do the talking for me.

Edit: Forgot to congratulate Neutronized for the excellent review... Congrats! Well done and best of luck. Thanks for the game. :)

17. ridiculocity

ridiculocity Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks for your reply. I emailed you and you replied very fast. It turned out I had some big games auto update from the App store leaving me only 12mb free space. Cleared a GB and its Loading fine now.

Your games are great and support fantastic also. Thanks also TA for always showcasing great games.

18. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    So, what's the point in collecting the coins or fruit? There's not even a counter that show points or number of coins collected.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    it shows you how much points you got in the pause menu. very addicting game keep coming back to it :)

20. Neutronized

Neutronized Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks for the great feedback, guys! :)

The iPhone version has the the score counter inside the pause menu while in the iPad version it's displayed on top of the screen. iPhone has smaller screen and we wanted to keep HUD as clean as possible.

Scored points are submitted to GameCenter leaderboards.