Drop7 addict needs to find a new game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by headcaseGames, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Sciuridae

Sciuridae Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Okay, so I just played Numerous. It's very slick, and the gameplay is surprisingly cerebral. Despite this, it's perfect for bite-sized gaming - on the bus or on the loo. Good interface, clear and crisp, elegant GUI. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

My only problem... Ads, with no way visible to remove them. Let players who like the game give you money to remove them. Take the expected value of banner revenue, double it, and charge that or 0.99, whatever is higher, for an ad removal IAP.

You could also have donation tiers - Jane Wilde got 1.99 out of me that way. Say, 0.99 for an ad removal IAP, 1.99 for ad removal and an optional palette swap (I'm assuming a reskin wouldn't be too hard to implement). 2.99 for no ads, a reskin and a short PDF strategy guide - I'm sure as the dev you can share a few patterns to look for. Maybe additional skins for 0,99 each. Barbie pink, baby blues, pastels, mint... Dungeon Plunder does this to an extent. And an ultimate package for 9.99 or 19.99. All other IAP plus your name in the sponsors section of the credits in the next update.

Anyway... Great game, but let me pay you more than the advertisers for a clean experience. :). If the above is too complicated, maybe release a parallel premium version with a price tag and no ads?

As for Incrediblox, love it. Great value, very fun. Only complaint: it's literally rough around the edges. The edges of the squares look... I can't putmy finger on it, but they look less professional than the rest of the graphics, keeping the game from looking like the AAA title it's close to being. Maybe darken the outline? Make the edges slightly irregular? No idea. How did Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island achieve the AAA cutout look? On iOS, Paper Titans and Paper Monsters also achieved it. Use that technique? Nitpicky, I know, but the squares are THE fundamental unit of gameplay.

Anyway, a great buy at 0.99.

2. ExK

ExK Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Founder @ http://cks-studio.com
    Singapore
    #22 ExK, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    thank you for your suggestion, sciuridae. Ad-free IAP is on the way :). I also appreciate your support :)