Universal DuckTales Remastered (By Disney Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Shaun Musgrave, Apr 2, 2015.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Well, responding to a person who called me out is hardly getting "upset" and being "over the top". That's just an excuse when people out of arguments throw. Anyway like I said, that was wishful thinking from my part, and on-topic on gaming forums like you stated. As far as I am concerned I am also free to stop a convo that doesn't bring me anything personally. So I will do just that.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #22 NOEN, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Totally agree.

Fyi, I'm getting the "Game is no longer available" pop up once purchased, so guessing it'll show up later on today. So excited to play this on mobile.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I've been getting a "This item is no longer available" message when I try to buy it. Anyone else?

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    This!
    It's really the absolute last thing i care about and don't get it either...

@topic:kudos to disney to make it a premium experience and not freak 2 play!
    But i never played the original so i'm a bit on a fence.Anyone tried it with a controller?If it plays great i'll buy it nonetheless i guess.

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    As far as the console verson of the remaster, it played great. I can't see the mobile controls being bad at all though. It doesn't have that much to the controls as it is. It's a side scroller, so Im guessing it's L/R and I think just 2 buttons. Disney did a great job on on Castle of Illusion, so I have high hopes for this.

6. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    #26 Cg2005, Apr 2, 2015
    Yes, I've been getting the same message for the past few hours.

Edit: Hmm, strange. Now it's allowing me to download it.

7. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #27 PoloBaquerizoH, Apr 2, 2015
    Finally something good to play and buy on my iPad, first the awesome Castle of Illusion now this little classic gem

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Worked for me too. Must have been a momentary glitch.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I've never played this or castle of illusions. I bought castle on day one and I just purchased this. I could not play it though because I'm not by wifi to Dow load it but the purchase went through. Games like this need to be purchased to show devs that there is a market for games $9.99 and up. I can't wait to get my beak wet with this. No pun intended

10. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Wow! I have this game on Wii U (and had the original on NES), and it's superb, I'm interested to see how it comes out on mobile, as it's very hard even with buttons.

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm not sure if it was just s coincidence or not, but I just searched, "DuckTails" on the AppStore and the game popped up and let me download.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Just downloaded in the US..... This feels like a console game on my iDevice. Controls and graphics are top notch.

Question for anyone out there.... I just died at the end of the first level/tutorial and now started back at the beginning. Does anyone know if you always start back at the beginning or if you start at the level you left off at?

This is fantastic.

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    you always start at the beginning of the levels if you runs out of lifes, but of you died and still have lifes left then you will be started from the last checkpoint. there is no checkpoint to save your game progress, only if you have finished the level then it will save automatically.

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    In the description they mention having the original synchro voices. Is this game in english only (praying here), or depending on the country? If so, is there an option to switch languages?

I enjoyed Castle of Illusion very much. Is this even longer?

@ NOEN
    Language settings is always good to know, please ;)

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks....yeah, just saw that so I guess I jumped the gun on the question. Man this game takes me back.

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow this game is done sooooo well. Im so happy to see games like this getting ported over to iOS. I really hope devs see that there is money to be made with a premium title. Anyway get this now

18. Dorota ECC GAMES

Dorota ECC GAMES Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Junior Producer in ECC GAMES
    The graphics looks great, real old comic-style Duck ^_^

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Noted

Oh, and as far as what I've read, it's the original voice actors that are in the remastered game in English only.

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member