Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I spent a ton of gold to upgrade my stats, had a life potion, life spell...and I used a rune to start in bay rock dungeon 10 or something only to encounter a monster immune to my attacks while he hits me each turn! What the hell am I supposed to do then? What a waste. Things like that should never happen.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #782 Cilo, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    The game doesn't state it but if you hold down on an enemy icon it'll bring up a info window with weaknesses. Anyway for that enemy you have to clear the room of other enemies and he disappears.

Runes will help you make progress so save them for revives. However, you can reset the farthest room you died on and try to make it further as long as you have ham for continues. Once you die and you see the rune revive window, quit the app, open multitask window and kill the app. Now open it and don't purchase any upgrades, just click into the same dungeon without buying anything new. A continue window will now come up, press continue and you'll be right back where you died with the same amount of gold you had made up to that point, however you won't have any damage bonuses or any upgrades. You can do this as many times as you want as long as you have ham to continue.

3. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Do this and I'll gladly pay for the ham and coin doubler IAP. I wrote an angry letter to the devs about my disappointment with this game's freemium system. I apologize and respect this team for listening to feedback. I will add this back to my watch list and give it another chance when it is released. There is an excellent game here, it's just the IAP is very exploitative and a few game mechanics (the feeling of progression) need to be tweaked.

4. driscoll14

driscoll14 Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Update??

When is the update coming?

5. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I think something else that could be added in this game to make it more fun would a monster sighting encyclopedia. Every monster that you had a encounter with would be put in a book so you could take a look at them and see how many other missing monsters were still lurking in the dungeons unvisited.

Hey, collecting is fun and gives the game additional legs.

Anyhow, still playing this buggy game because I still enjoy the gameplay. Lots of bugs but exiting the game and hitting home twice to get rid of where you were unfreezes it and then you can go back in to where you left off in dungeon.

Only thing was I found a permanent sword upgrade once and then the game locked up ( which it seems to do more often when you hit around floor 25)

When facing the ogres I just fight them off and take the health hit so I dont get my sword or other equipment broke.

Anyhow still playing it because I'm hooked but still waiting it's fixed release when it comes out.

Now working on the ability to use 4 skills at once and almost have the 4500 gold for that. Runes seem to be dropping every other few runs so not to bad. Been playing enough now to where I move fast even factoring strategy. A big part of the strategy is what spells to equip, when to use them and who to use them all when applicable.

Just curious:

What is everyone using for spells and why?

And-

Whats the highest you have gotten in spell level and how did it impact the gameplay / strategy?

6. qiangc12b

qiangc12b Member

Oct 18, 2012
    A bugged game. But can' t stop playing it. Hope patch coming out soon

7. gust0208

gust0208 Member

Dec 14, 2011
    If the patch does contain a coin doubler and change to permanent stat boosts in the Inn (at a higher gold cost), I am back in 100%.

8. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I love the idea of a monsterpedia.
    This would be a nice idea for a later content upgrade. Monsterpedia with kill counts and maybe achievements.

9. 28monkeys

28monkeys Member

May 21, 2012
    This game at this state is suck period.

10. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    The only bug that gets to me is the unresponsive play field bug. Even with that, I'm enjoying and progressing with the game. Currently working on the second key in the second dungeon.

11. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. I know that really helps the dev out.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Actually, I think he summed it up pretty well; bugs aside, compared to its predecessor, pretty much every design decision was a mistake.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I disagree. I think the game was pretty awesome, with an update or 2 it will be tight!

14. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah, that one is a bite in the butt! I really wanted to play with other characters too but apparently I can't until it's fixed.

Playing the waiting game I guess while playing the broken version because for some reason hitting squares and fighting monsters releases endorphins...

15. Nakor

Nakor Active Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I understand why you pulled it from the App Store, but I really ish you hadn't. I was at work when it launched (work == two weeks in the place that nowhere forgot) and didn't get to download it. Now I would very much prefer to play the broken version while I wait for the fix but I can't. Anyway, I dig that you aren't dbag developer and are simply trying to monetize to get by. A good call in the end.

Waiting impatiently... :)

16. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Doing the best we can. No more runes needed to use more than one skill. (You'll need only gold cash to unlock new skill tiers )

You also need to choose from two skills in tier and make hard decisions ; )

PS Can't say anything about date of update yet.

[​IMG]

17. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Pixeye, for people that bought the infinite meat, can you confirm that purchase will carry over?

18. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    yup! non-consumable purchase will stay/may be restored

19. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Great thx!

20. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Wow, ok I finnaly figured out why I was having such a hard time gettin anywhere. This whole time my sword(which was upgraded like 5x) wasn't checked so I wasn't using it. :/

Now that I finnaly figured out what was wrong I've got all the keys In the first The first dungeon, along with boots and a shield and one of the other characters unlocked.

Yay...