Universal Dungeon Crawlers [by Ayopa Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jan 26, 2012.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Actually, once you figure out how to deal with the final boss in Chapter 4, it is surprisingly easy to finish the game and you character in Chapter 4 should be strong enough to deal with most of the situation, even those mini-bosses plaguing around.

Just finish this in time before 5-Apr and see what is in box before calling this one off.

2. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    The game was released minus Chapter 5. I would hope that if the release update of chapter 5 is successful, the developer will consider a sequel, especially now that an HD version will be available.

Despite the many problems I had, which were likely due to my inexperience with this type of game, it was HIGHLY ENJOYABLE.

Re IAPs, I probably have enough in game gold to get whatever I need for chapter 5 but I can't be sure. On the matter of should you wait or not, that's entirely up to you but it will take you awhile to get through the first 4 chapters anyways. It's not a cakewalk.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks. When I finish a couple of other games, I'll probably pick this up.

4. icecubes

icecubes Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Any Updated news about the non-dropped update?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    update is live...

I lost my saved data...

6. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Lost your data

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you access the level select past level 1?

Also someone asked if you need to purchase items in the store. The answer is no. You can get through the game on hard without buying anything in the store, but no way can you beat Stupid Hard. In the 1.2 update we will launch an arena mode where you might want to be spending your gold on upgrades if you want to chart on the leaderboards.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nope, that was the first thing I checked after seeing I had no games to load, and I had to start on level 1.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Updated, load the save game which brings me to the moment before the Chapter 4 boss dies, proceeding to Chapter 5 "The Paddock of ???" (flash too gorram fast...)

9. tofubean

tofubean Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Game Impressions

Updated as well. Didn't have any problems with my save file. Playing happily now. But i must say that the weapons, armor and items cost a lot. Hopefully we can replay some previous missions so that we can earn more gold.

10. icecubes

Mar 23, 2010
    Update went fine.

any one sussed out the annoying pressure plates yet? as far as i can work out ive tried all combinations of order of activation and all character combinations but nothing happens....

stuck and irritated....

11. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    game is on sale for 99c

12. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Grabbed it and quite loving it so far...

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I know there's the whole warning about playing this game on a 3GS and making sure you have all your other apps closed, reboot, etc.

But I didn't experience any crashes the first couple of times I played it. Then suddenly, whenever I tried to load my own "user" save, it crashed every single time - even after taking the steps above.

So I went to load the auto save and it loaded just fine.

Is there a crash bug with user saves?

14. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    #234 chud575, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    Sometimes, to this point for reasons unknown, the saves corrupt while saving. Really sorry bout that :-(. We are going to try to add more save slots in the 1.2 update.

Also, I should add, really the 2 devices that we are truly worried about crashes are the iPad 1 and iPod touch 4 (Retina). These devices have a high fill rate coupled with very little ram (256mb). The 3GS also has 256 but the display is 1/4th the size, so it takes much less ram to run.

In other good news, an update launches next week that further reduces the memory footprint on the iPad 1

15. tofubean

Jun 21, 2010
    I need help with the pressure plates too. Smart players please help. :D

16. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    I think I made it to the last boss in Chapter 5.2 - the Necromancer. Anyone make it to this part yet? I started the battle, which seems to be a long one. Still fighting because more monsters appear each time I attack the pyramid in the middle. Can't damage the necromancer yet.

17. icecubes

Mar 23, 2010
    pressure plates that people are stuck on are after this. just keep fighting all the monsters.

Dev's - Hint please to the pressure plates, spent hours here now and ready to press the delete button. is it right person on right plate, or is it right combination, or is there a hint in the game i missed. VERY frustrated right now, this is totally spoiling the game for me.

18. melnve

melnve Member

Apr 7, 2012
    I just signed up for these forums solely to add my voice to those asking for help on the pressure plate level. Was happy to see the final stage released, and eagerly got past the Necromancer. Now I have given up after a futile half hour on the pressure plate stage, trying each combo and going through the endless tedium of healing.

Please, give us a hint.

19. chud575

chud575 Active Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Hi guys,

I apologize, we messed something up in the last level and it doesn't display the hint. So here it is (Spoiler Alert!)

Aegon is possessed. If you hit him, you'd really be doing damage to Aegon and not his possessor, now, wouldn't you?

Find a way to trap Aegon using the plates, then find an attack that would help separate Aegon from the spirit possessing him.

20. tofubean

Jun 21, 2010
    Thanks for the hint. Finally finished the last battle. Took me about an hour and more... Hope the next update with more saves will come soon as I want to replay it and get all secrets now. :)