Universal Dungeon Crawlers [by Ayopa Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jan 26, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh boy...more money to spend today? I think so! :p

2. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Initial Impressions ..WoooooooooooooooW

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    i already bought this Game and it's AWESOME the characters looks and play great the story it's really funny anyways this Game it's a must have!!!!!!!

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No. Pitman is basically a 3D rogue-like. This is a tactical game similar Final Fantasy Tactics, but set in a dungeon.

5. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    The writing is terrible but in the best possible way, it's a lot like playing hero quest with some mates and a couple of beers. Also it is the most involved ghostbusters parady I've ever seen.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Finished the first dungeon (2 levels plus boss fight). I really like what I see so far. The interface requires a little more clicking than I would like but not nearly enough to keep me from enjoying it.

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i noticed that if you press the pause button during the enemies turn, it doesn't pause the game. they took their turns as normal, just with the pause menu overtop of it. the pop up for your next turn even pops up over the pause menu.

I'm loving this game tho! my game of the week for sure!!

when is the first update planned, soon, or down the road a bit?

8. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So, I assume that the lack of activity in this thread is because everybody's playing the game, or what?

I'm only going to be able to play it later today, when I get home from work, so I'd be happy to hear some impressions - pros and cons, of course!

Cheers, and happy gaming.

9. Imerty

Imerty New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Please add iCloud support ASAP. I'm enjoying the game, the graphics are great and the gameplay is fun, but it was a frustration knowing that if I want to play in other iDevice i'll have to start over :/

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

TBS games are way down at the bottom of my preferred genres list, but I'm enjoying this one quite a bit. Yet to see of course how long it manages to hold my interest, but after playing through the first "chapter" I definitely feel somewhat "hooked."

I think the UI could have been thought through a little better, as at times it can feel less than intuitive, and things like checking on your party's (or your opponents') health status really should not require even a single tap. I cannot figure out what the difference is between the two camera options. The negatives however, and still fairly minor, and overall I'd say the game is well worth picking up at this stage.

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    A positive impression from Gabrien? What is this world coming to?

12. Lappstrong

Lappstrong Active Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Is anyone else having huge crashing problems? I can't make it past 1-1 without the game booting me home. I'm playing on the latest iPod touch.

Aside from that the game is a turn based gem. Starting the game with magic missile as my first spell was emotionally worth the 1.99

13. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    We should create a thread or link to the ipad forums... so they can get in with the discussion. =)

Can't wait for your video Sanuku.

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Agreed, I also think there should be an on screen indicator for whether or not a character has used an ability or not, without having to check each.

The fact that you can use your movement freely, even splitting it before and after an action is unusual in this genre, but I like it.

I forgot to mention before that I liked the first boss fight. It was simple, really, but creative.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    If its a universal game (which it is) they are welcome to join here!

That way conversations are not splintered.

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    The one thing that would be cool would be if the buttons for "New Game" and "Continue" were more square than long. I accidentally pushed the new game button a couple times when I meant to continue and ALMOST lost all my progress!

17. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    okay, thank you very much!

18. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Heavy Ghostbusters references.. That is a good thing, those movies are great.

19. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Hi Ayopa,
    Will the next update be free?

20. E@Ayopa

E@Ayopa Member

Jul 15, 2011
    You bet.