Universal Dungeon Crawlers [by Ayopa Games]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jan 26, 2012.

1. cyrille

cyrille Member

Jan 31, 2012
    i think you are at level with the duke (i have a bug) look for little doors on your side

2. icecubes

icecubes Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    same problem

exactly the same here. one particular skeleton seems to be the issue. If i killed it before i took out all the others then the AI seemed to crash as the other skeletons just stood there and didnt make their moves. leaving it until last it seems like you are still stuck in combat mode but with nothing to fight. no monsters, all characters still seperately controlled, two locked doors. Totally stuck, tried loads of variations of killing this room to no avail...

3. DrowningMonkeysJC

Jan 23, 2012
    Level Designer
    Atlanta, GA
    We are addressing the crash issue bugs with 4-2 and hopefully everything should be taken care of with the patch that will be coming out shortly.

An update with iCloud functionality is on the top of our priority list and should be out as soon as we are able to get it out.

4. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Still no patch? Someone said it would be out Monday or Tuesday earlier in the thread.

:mad:

5. DrowningMonkeysJC

Jan 23, 2012
    Level Designer
    Atlanta, GA
    The first patch is in Apple's hands at this point, so we're just waiting on them. Sorry for the delay.

6. Major Gnarl

Major Gnarl Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks for the info on the secrets! :)

7. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    The 3-2 was indeed troublesome.
    My tactics for it were as follows:
    Aegon: Blast everything fast and enter the portal. Simple.
    The dwarf: Not too many monsters to deal with. Just take it slow.
    The barbarian: Stay on the starting spot and cleave your way through the approaching goblins. When meeting new goblins move back to the corner to not get overrun.
    Roy: Position yourself so that only one goblin can melee you. Keep healing and don't attack. If you have shield spell already then use it too. Wait for Aegon to come for help.

8. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Agreed. I've had 5 crashes so far, and I still can't complete the 2nd battle in 1-1 as a result. *sigh*

C'mon Apple, hurry up and approve/push the update.

9. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    i dont crash at all on my ipod 4gen. havent once

10. E@Ayopa

E@Ayopa Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Update is live!

Hi Everyone,

First off, thanks so much for your patience. I know that it's been frustrating getting the crashes so early in the game and not being able to enjoy Dungeon Crawlers to the fullest. And also frustrating for the fans who have gotten to 4-2 and then been stuck.

Well, finally, relief is here. We just got approved by Apple and the update is now live. Again, we're really sorry for the crashes and hope that you can go out and grab the update so you can start enjoying the game on your iPod touches, iPad 1s, and iPhone 3GS's. Spread the word and thanks for sticking with us through the week.

11. beelzebubble

Jan 27, 2012
    Updating now! Thanks for posting the news.

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks, and it is time to start from the very beginning...

13. Sarouk

Sarouk Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Canada
    No crash so far since the update. Working great.

Thanks

14. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    When will there be a level select?

15. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated it. :)

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Game runs great for me now :)

17. ChrisisB

ChrisisB Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Train engineer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Save not working properly

Finally managed to finish the initial pat of the level where the party is split 3-2 "Layers of onion". The party was united. Went through the cutscene and saved and quitted (why cant I save without quitting?).
    Slightly later I went back to the game, now the party was split with Falston and Payter in one room, but I could not switch between members and I could not "End turn". Halfway between combat and movement mode. Moved Fallston to the teleport because this was pretty much the only thing I could do.
    Big combat!
    . Tried to go back to an earlier save, but the party was still split and now I could cycle between party members. Roy and Aegon was in another room (Roy's room). So it looks like I have to replay the entire level AGAIN! or
    let Fallston die horribly while assembling the rest of the party (also AGAIN!)
    This program seriously needs a better save method, and one that is not so buggy.

PS. Why is it called "user save" when the program automatically overwrites the save?

18. beelzebubble

Jan 27, 2012
    I dropped this soon after getting back into it (couldn't play for like 5 days because of the memory problem) because of the difficulty. The game would really benefit from a difficultly select (changeable at any time of course) and as others have mentioned the ability to save and continue playing. I tried 2-1 4 or 5 times and after finally beating the first group of enemies gave up after 2 or 3 tries on the second group because I'd lost one party member and didn't have the will to restart the whole level. Doesn't help that it feels too random at times. Critical attacks would miss or damage would be way too low on a hit. Sure, random elements are essential but they feel way too important in tight battles.

19. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

No icloud support yet?? :(

20. DylanNagel

DylanNagel Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Freelance game producer at Wild Card
    The Hague, The Netherlands
    #180 DylanNagel, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    Congratulations on the game, team Ayopa! I immediately bought it as soon as I got the chance, based on the TA exposure and the nice trailer. And while I thought my game draws inspiration from the brilliant board game Hero Quest, I guess you guys are totally embracing it! ;)

After playing it for a while my feelings are a bit mixed, to be honest. Apart from a number of crash bugs (I just grabbed the update, thanks!) the game works well. It's fun to explore the dungeon levels, and the characters all have their own personalities and roles in combat. The pacing is just high enough to keep things moving forward. Medium difficulty is just perfect: I have to replay levels maybe once to beat them, but never more than once.

As mentioned before by others, I also believe the graphic user interface is perhaps the weakest part of the current offering. On iPad 1, the layout is a bit clunky, and the images are a bit messy in certain spots. Also, I would recommend to tighten the use of fonts - now there's bits and pieces of various fonts everywhere. Especially the character info screens need some more love and care, even though the rest of the production is of high quality.

I absolutely believe that with a bit of work, Dungeon Crawlers could be a top notch title. It already feels like an important game in the genre, so well done indeed!

Update: v1.0.1 takes care of most if not all of the crash bugs, excellent. Also, I take back my comment about the difficulty level: 3-2 is actually very hard all of a sudden. It took me endless tries to finally beat it, sometimes dying because of bad luck on my attack and defense rolls. I finally had a good tactic: just take things as slow as possible, first making sure each of the party members was in a safe position before moving forward with any one them.