Universal Dungeon Defense : The Invasion of Heroes (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GameCoaster, Jan 22, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Exactly the same here.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Apologies if this has been answered before but is there a bug with the 'auto manage items' option?

It's the one bit of the game that I'm not really enjoying and I finally found the option to remove it and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be having any effect for me? (Air2 latest iOS).

Thanks in advance

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm enjoying the game so far (on day 3), and when I try to hire more mercenaries it tells me I need more room... how do I get more room, or will that become obvious the more I play?

4. GameCoaster

GameCoaster Active Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Solo Indie game developer
    Korea
    #104 GameCoaster, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    A version that fixes an issue where the cloud functionality does not work is awaiting Apple's review. I expect to be updated in probably two or three days.

As a result of my checking, the function is working normally. Items with lower DPS than the current item will not be automatically worn and will be sold. If the same problem repeats, please tell me a little more detailed situation. Let me check again.

Build the [Hire] item from [Forge] menu.

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Has anyone figured out how to beat dristram in the tower? It says "we must open a portal," but I've tried tapping on the dots...not sure how to undo his shield...quite an impasse! I'm wondering if I need a skill from a different character?

6. JohnGaltMotor

JohnGaltMotor Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Solar, you must press the portals in a certain order.

Gamecoaster, can you send a hint on how to beat the Fitness Test for trials? What does "dead/alive" mean?

For modding, a level should not regress. If I have a lvl 10 mod, it shouldn't be able to regress back to lvl4, but should just hover around 8-12.

7. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Boi overshadowed this at release.. Big mistake on my part. This is a great and I am in love. Thanks.

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thanks for the response, I've double checked it and as far as I can work out it seems to be auto equipping but I still need to click on 'auto sell' ( or just sell) to actually sell the items.

9. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Dont know why but the icloud save function stopped working after a few games... i have no clue except i can tell i was on ipad pro with 4g when it happened (not that much but better than nothing...)

10. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    OMG! On my third run through with Mr Death as my main....wow....he is da man!
    Love his skills.
    Love this game!

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    He is actually my main killing guy even though I am using snake as my character.

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #112 Solarclipse, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Thanks JGM! I think my fingers had covered them before and I didn't see them turn blue...either that or it doesn't work with multitouch. For the fitness test, I built up the HP on my wall, I don't think damage reduction helps any. Magic girl's heal skill is a little helpful, if you have her. Mod your weapons out as best you can...and survive!

About modding, the highest I've gotten to is level 10. There are two characters (snake and living sword) who have skills to modify "modifcation efficiency." When you max it out, each gets 150%, but I wonder if A) these are cumulative, and B) does that mean you are more likely to go up a level, rather than down? One note on this is that when you want to do a lot of modding you can fire/hire these two characters and then switch them out when you are done. That goes for the Ogre and Mr. Soul, who reduce modding and enchantment costs)

It does say in the ??? that party skills effect all crew but cannot be overlapped...so it sounds like they aren't cumulative. Which means having both of them in your party doesn't help any. It also means if you have a party skill that one of your mercenaries has, it would be prudent to let them develop the skill randomly or as a preferred, so you can focus your main character on other skills (especially when when you get to awakening)

I've found that snake and goblin have pretty low DPS compared to all the others. Wraith has the highest DPS of anything I've seen. Right now I'm using Ogre & Orc, Wraith & Magic Girl, and then the Soul, which can slow everything down and limit ranged damage. This works well since the orc and ogre do even more damage up close. I found that their huge weapons are great for penetration, clearing out swathes of heroes better than just about anything. Magic girl's heal is helpful, although I imagine around 1000 days not so much. At that point though, it's easy to switch out characters and try different thingsā€”if they use the same weapons.

Gamecoaster, I have a question about vs magic/armor damage. Let's say I'm using a wand that is 250% against armored and 15% against magic. If I get the anti-magic skill to 100%, does that mean I would do 115% against magic, or 30%? Thanks!

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Living Sword is insane also.

14. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I finally picked this up on iPhone after telling myself I didn't need as I bought the Android version before I knew it was coming to iOS. I can say I am not disappointed that I bought it.

15. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I've been playing a bit (hit 200 days) but trying to decide if I'm really into the massive grind that the game requires. And I like grinding.

16. GameCoaster

Jan 18, 2017
    Korea
    The revised version of the cloud issue will be updated in 1-2 days.

It becomes 30%. :)

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but how do you get a description of what each skill on the bottom of the battle screen does, during the battle?
    I tried leaving my finger on the icon but that didn't bring up a description window or anything.

Or are you just supposed to remember what they do?

19. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is a
    Game Of The Year Nominee for me.

20. GameCoaster

Jan 18, 2017
    Korea
    I'm trying to move on to what you're talking about.
    However, since it is a button, in order to check which button to activate a skill, pressing the skill immediately activates it, which is a situation that requires a separate task.
    If I find a suitable method, I will apply it immediately.
    Thank you for your feedback.