Dungeon Hunter 4 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    freemium? where? how'd you know?

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    What's about this "Epic" thingy?

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No one knows.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It was just a post on Twitter from Gameloft that said something like, "Something epic is coming very soon". A little bit later they revealed that it was DH4. I guess everyone ran with the whole "epic" thing.

5. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I wonder what classes they will have a priest would be cool.

6. hardA TOEnail

hardA TOEnail Member

Oct 31, 2012
    This is most likely going to be like dungeon hunter 2 with the ability to buy extra currency or special currency for better items. Kind of like how you can buy gold in order and chaos. The game will be playable and enjoyable for people who just want to buy the game, but with more customization and better items for those with deeper pockets. I hope this is the route they take so everyone can enjoy the game.

I LOVED dungeon hunter 2. The colorful environments and smooth gameplay kept me hooked. Played through it 6 or 7 times at least. Was awesome how the items' stats increased each consecutive play through.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^I hope that is the case.

Loved DH1, DH2 was even better, but then the huge letdown of DH3

I hope its a proper priced game, not free as when its free the warning signs start ringing !

If theres the chance to buy more gold as an IAP thats fine (hopefully they wont 'force' you to), but at the moment as long as its not some online multiplayer arena game then i'll be happy !

8. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    This is the first time I've seen my iPod shed a tear.

9. Coolness, wonder if it is going to have Gameloft duo gamer joystick support? I hope so. Looking forward to it.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He's usually that tactless in his posts. I'd give you a solid chance that your device is supported, albeit with subpar performance and graphics.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I hope this is premium but has some IAP that arent necessary to beat the game! I would support the crap out of it then, just want it to be like DH 1&2...

12. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I am really hoping it has a style to that of Wild Blood. Gold wasn't that easy to get, but once aquired and worked for, you were BAD ASS.

13. TheJohnnyASDF

TheJohnnyASDF Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Philippines
    I hope they do this right. Dungeon Hunter 2 was one of the few RPGs on iOS that I enjoyed. :3

14. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I never said it won't be supported, but I am hoping devs will abandon the obviously inferior devices and move up a tier.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You mean for developers to move on to the iPhone 5S? :)

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got an ipod touch 5th gen but i dont want devs to abandon the ipod touch 4 at all. I must admit 3rd gen devices then yeah leave those.

More sales of apps mean more and more apps for us. If they limit games to just 5th gen it'll be commercial suicide. You hear how many companies dont make tons of money with apps, limiting it to the latest models would be crazy

Its all about the gameplay to me, i dont care if the graphics have to be a 'bit' more basic/no shadows or whatever due to older devices. But totally disagree with Triscuitable who thinks they should move past ipod touch 4's. Crazy if they did that.

Doesnt matter if its '3 years old' as he keeps going on about tech from 2010, theres a huge user base out there who have 4's.

17. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You seem to have assumed I'm saying "ditch 4th gen entirely". I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth. What I said was I hope the companies making these games stop developing with the bare minimum being the 4th gen devices; that holds the latest devices from being able to really output their max.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #78 psj3809, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Just i saw your post...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DannyTheElite
    "My guess is iPod 4 won't be supported"

Fingers crossed that GameLoft will give up on devices with tech from 2010 and move on. "

I want Gameloft to support 4th gen and upwards. Releasing games where the bare minimum is 4th gen would be crazy. I've got the latest devices but i want companies to sell lots of iOS games, if a game was 5th gen only it would be ridiculous.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Have you seen the difference in looks with MC4, NOVA 3, Forgotten Memories, NFS MW, etc? It's massive. Developers use a .cgf file or something similar to turn on/off different effects, and in the case of NFS they enabled (for iPad 4/iPhone 5) radial blur, shadows, real times reflections, reflective water on the roads, etc all while supporting the iPod 4.

Buddy, just because you happen to have the latest and greatest tech doesn't mean it's a good idea for devs to immediately drop older hardware. I'm thinking in terms of economics and what will help us see Dungeon Hunter 5.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Exactly !

I'll be happy with a rehash of DH2 but with different maps/towns etc, loved that game.

Looking forward to this one, just want to hear more news, if i hear its say $5.99 i'll actually be happy, if i hear its free then i'll start to get nervous as it'll be full of no doubt grinding/IAP's