Dungeon Hunter 4 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm really hoping this is paid, too. I love me a good dungeon crawler, and DH2 was by far the best on iOS. Baldur's Gate doesn't count :p

DH3 was just the biggest stinker Gameloft has ever released, just because of the disappointment factor and how good it could've been.

Oh, and voiceovers would be nice this time around.

2. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    On the other hand, while all those post-processing effects are nice, we get gypped on higher res textures and higher polygon meshes. You can go ahead and try to educate me, but I've heard it all.

(I'm also sick of seeing people post "iTouch 4 support?").

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The textures are so crazy good in NOVA 3 I'd be worried about performance if they were increased. As for polygons, well, I'm perfectly satisfied with where they are now. Yes MC4 character models count use a few hundred more polygons, but honestly are graphics so important that we sacrifice profit, and thereby give big companies like Gameloft less incentive to make more games like DH? Not for me.

We'll just agree to disagree.

4. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Is it impossible for this to be multiplayer like D3, path of exile, pretty much every arpg? Will for sure be fremium too. I expect a clone of that one game that came out pretty recently, eternity warriors or something?

6. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If this game is freemium im gonna kill somebody

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Shiiiiiit...

8. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    [​IMG]

9. Well....thats one less game by the sounds of things....I still need to pick up Dungeon Hunter 2, so thats one good thing

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    It all depends. I guess if it's a game like this, I can put in the time required to be bad ass. I hope the game costs like 2.99 with some IAP but you can earn it all over time through playing the game. That's something I'd probably do. Even free >_> DH3 I would've done, but since they had that key system, it just.... Yeah.

11. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If it's premium it'll be $6.99

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Make sure you pick up DH2, its superb.

I hope this wont be a grind type game BUT saying that i did love DH2 and played that to death so if theres a 'bit' of grinding it shouldnt be too bad. I found one place in DH2 where i kept getting lots of gold by defeating the bandits, so i actually grinded myself a lot there !

Either way this 'shouldnt' be like DH3 like some silly online arena, so whether its premium/normal price with a bit of IAP's i still cant wait to get this one.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Careful picking up DH2 if you're on iOS 6, there's no sound and of course I the reviews are complaining about this but Gameloft doesn't seem to be updating. In fact most old GL games have no sound now on iOS 6.

14. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I've been muting game sounds lately and playing music instead where I can, so this doesn't bother me.

15. Oh....that sucks

16. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Thing about textures is, the better (and more) textures are, the more RAM they need. We won't see a massive jump until at least the iPhone 4, and its 512MB of RAM become standard for iOS games.

When it happens though, boom. Please note most crashing comes from too little RAM. That's a big reason for why I dislike iPod Touch 4 users whining in reviews about the game crashing, or not being supported, period. It's unfair to the devs that your device can't run the game.

At this point, I just want to make that clear. No hostility, just the facts. That's all.

17. DelBiss

DelBiss Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Thing about textures is, the better (and more) textures are, more space they use. In a game like Dungeon Hunter, it's the texture that take the more space.

18. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Seeing as this is your first post, I'm not sure whether you're using a sockpuppet or not. Regardless, textures actually don't take up nearly that much space; audio and meshes occupy a lot more. Textures are big individually, but most of the time, you're getting compressed version of these files, with little or no loss in overall quality.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If a game doesnt support ipod touch 4th gen then fair enough, but most games state they do, but i started discovering many games crashing which was frustrating as anything due to the RAM issue.

But i wish devs would be honest, if you want to release a 5th gen only game (and probably lose out on a huge market) fair enough, just make sure in the description it says that. Too many games i used to pick up just kept crashing.

To be honest even though i've now got a 5th gen device i'm not too bothered about advanced graphic features, i would rather a game sells to as many people as possible (so 5th gen and 4th gen). So i dont feel i'm a '5th gen snob' who doesnt like 4th gen people whining, completely the opposite. As i've said many times before i want devs to sell as many units as possible, i can understand dropping 3rd gen support but you have to keep 4th gen, just sensible for sales etc.

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Some games are already minimum iPhone 4S, so games seem to be mainly supporting 3GS and iPhone 4 or require at least a 4S or iPad 2...

The iPhone 4 was a wasted purchase for me.