Dungeon Hunter 4 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Does that matter though ? As long as theres tons of quests, a huge world to explore and its not arena based i dont really care about shadow details.

Funny all that click here, do left/right etc above, if you search for Dungeon Hunter 4 on facebook you simply go straight to the page !

However i havent ran the app, nervous of it using my details to spam my timeline to all my friends about the app non stop !

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I know! This stuff drives me crazy! Whenever I'm on Facebook and I click on something like this, I always check my activity log and apps to see if it somehow activated for me or whatever.

3. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    When it says "Who can see posts from this app" I change it from public to only me and then I dont have to worry. Or just create another facebook account for these types of things.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

" Last year, Gameloft plunged a little too quickly into freemium monetization with Dungeon Hunter 3, a game that took a big step away from what made the series great: epic exploration and storytelling. Dungeon Hunter 4, available in April, brings back the plot-driven exploration, but also keeps the freemium model."

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i'm out.
    http://www.slidetoplay.com/previews/dungeon-hunter-4-hands-on-preview/

5. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i think that was expected you know to be freemiun, anyway i'm not going to say i will not ge it since i have to try it first maybe is not that bad

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Mother of god... I have hope.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Shame about freemiun but worth a try to see if its 'lite' freemiun or not. Probably not buy you never know

At least it doesn't seem to be arena based

8. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    #148 Cg2005, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    "For anyone who still enjoyed Dungeon Hunter 3′s arena battles, those have returned in Dungeon Hunter 4, but they are not as big of a focus...but most of the 29 environments, which actually include dungeons again, will be in service of the game’s storyline."

Hmm...ok. Not too sure what to make of this. There will still be a storyline, but with arenas sort of mixed in?

"If you’re looking for a lengthy RPG storyline, deep character customization, and cutting-edge graphics, you’ll probably be thrilled to get it all for free. However, if you resent paying or waiting for potions, gear upgrades, or character slots, you probably won’t be happy."

The first part sounds great, but I'm curious to know how long the timers will be though...

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And thus Dungeon Hunter now passes on into the freemium hell.

10. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    yeah I posted before it was up haha

looks like its not arena based atleast, but the pay system remains to be seen. Still have my fingers crossed that it will be fair...

11. Dannyz2000

Dannyz2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Yea i wouldnt mind paying £6 for a game like DH2 where there was loads of loot and no IAP

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Freemium is one thing but potentially having to wait for purchases e.g potions is terrible

Again time will tell but we'll see. Read the preview article, nervous but still hanging onto hope!

13. Well, I quit

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    After RR3 success I wouldn't be surprised to even see MC5 going freemium.

15. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Hmm, if it is like Six guns then be hopeful. You still get premium currency. I just don't want the wait times >_> then it will be okay :)

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I'm going to wait for more info on this. if it seems like its a fair system, without paywalls and other things that will force me to pay up, I won't mind paying for things like extra character slots etc. If I'm forced to power level or buy health potions, I'm not biting.

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #158 Edmilan, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    But from Slide to Play, it seems that the freemium includes gear upgrades which is an integral part of this genre:

"If you’re looking for a lengthy RPG storyline, deep character customization, and cutting-edge graphics, you’ll probably be thrilled to get it all for free. However, if you resent paying or waiting for potions, gear upgrades, or character slots, you probably won’t be happy."
    I'll still be watching this but i'm not getting my hopes up anymore :mad:

Edit: Just took this one out from my "Waiting for" list

18. ToonAmi

ToonAmi Member

Mar 20, 2013
    #159 ToonAmi, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    Dungeon Hunter 4

Found this article if you wanted to see some screenshots of Dungeon Hunter 4.

http://androidzone.org/2013/03/mas-detalles-sobre-dungeon-hunter-4/
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    That's great news! I won't need to save space for this game.