Dungeon Masters (by Supe, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Muffey

Muffey New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I played this on the ST back in prehistoric times.
    Magic was essential at the end, and the food problem was alleviated by going up several levels to kill mushrooms / worms which respawned endlessly, filling your backpacks with the food bits, then continuing.

As an aside, I have a friend I play with who still goes by the name : Gothmog

:)

M.

2. Bob Albright

Bob Albright Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Dungeon Master

Sorry to hear you feel that way heretic---you will be missing out on one of the best dungeon crawlers out there--even if it is a "classic".

3. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    It's not in the UK store to buy but says it is in the US store

The mystery deepens :(

4. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, actually, it's not available anywhere at this moment in time. The dev(s) pulled it from the App Store to fix several game breaking bugs. The last I'd heard on here is that it should be back really soon.

5. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    It's not coming back :( it's all gone as quiet as an empty dungeon

6. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    It's gone but never forgotten, well at least I got a bugged version lol :(

Anyone still think its coming back? There was no need to pull it just update it like everyone else does.

7. Tinab

Tinab New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Update

Hi All,

Just asked ofr an update and have been told the following - hope that helps everyone.

Sent: 05 February 2013 12:25
    Subject: Re: Issues with Dungeon Masters

Thanks for the email. The app is with Apple right now waiting for approval. We hope to have it live by Friday.

Thanks

8. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    NICE! Thanks for the update! :D

9. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK

They said the same a week or so ago :( fingers crossed again :)

10. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    YESS! SUPE This is GREAT! Downloading Now!!

I was starting to think maybe it wouldn't go through and that would be it ~_~ This is not only one of my favorite hardcore western RPG titles of all time. It is currently my favorite gaming experience on iPad!!

Ok. a couple things:

1) PLEASE make it Universal! I am more than willing to deal with a screen overlay of small controls to have the option for truly mobile play

2) Please change the App icon! The off center position of the Dungeon Gate is driving me a little nutty :-S

I am very excited to get back into this... Just watching the download bar crawl along eager with anticipation! This is almost cooler than when I first go the game and was waiting fo install because now I know that the greatest adventure awaits <3

11. naberhaus

naberhaus New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Just picked it up! Thanks for fixing the bugs and rereleasing!!

12. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Been waiting for this patch. The quest continues!

13. Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I work
    Home
    Game loads, I touch "Enter", it says loading.... then crash to desktop.

Tried reboot, reinstall, etc.....

On iPad Mini

14. SUPE

SUPE Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Dungeon Masters

Sorry everyone for the delay. The app was tested only with an iPad 2 and iPad 3. We know there are still issues with the original iPad, and have not tested this on an iPad mini.

Over the next few weeks, we will be updating graphics and fixing any bugs that are reported. This will be in the version 1.5 line.

Our next major release will be version 2.0 and this will be a substantial rewrite to make the app work with both the original iPad as well as the iPhone. Yes, we heard your requests!

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please email us and we will put you on the list. If you are selected, we will give you a free copy of the app when it's released.

Thanks again

SUPE

[email protected]

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I just got the update but my game is now crashing.

Load game, press resume ...crash
    Load game, press enter ...crash

:(

Ipad2 running ios 6.0

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Wait, wait, wait, why does the update require iOS 6 now? :( The original release certainly did not. Is the iOS 6 requirement an oversight or is it here to stay?

17. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Just one thing right off the bat with gameplay impressions and more detail to follow.

I am not really enjoying the updated graphics. Personally one of the greatest strengths of this game is it's original art direction. The dungeons were much more atmospheric... Now the higher resolution textures just highlight the limits of this simple engine. Everything looks flat and pieced together in big clearly visible wall and floor tiles and many of the updated graphics for the characters don't have the charm of the originals. I don't mean to be down on you for the artistic endeavor, but I really miss the original graphics and the immersion into those early memories of playing Through these dungeons for hours into the night.

Long story short. It's almost a game breaker and my number one requested feature above even universal would be to have an option to play in the original graphics presentation.

One additional note. The interface with the purple squares for spell casting, attack, and movement would be much cooler in like a wood or stone texture background with contrasted Gold or High visibility color for text

Thank you! And please help me relive the experience of playing this classic title for the first time, again ^_^*

I would suspect your number one customer base for this game will be intense fans of the original and all the friends we convince to snatch this up as one of gaming history's most satisfying plays ^_^!

18. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oh, and game updated on my iPad 4, but could not allow entry to the Hall of Champions. I rebooted ipad and now game is working with no other bugs observed so far :)

19. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I am looking forward to the update for universal support (BIG Thanks for including this!!) and wish that you will seriously consider an option to play the original graphical presentation! I miss iado's epic pixely beard

20. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Also a huge fan of the original game but i'm enjoying the new portraits and graphics.I played several hours last night and everything appears to be working well so far.