Dungeon Masters (by Supe, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Some of the new graphics came as a bit of a shock to say the least!! Not sure what to make of it to be honest but it would be nice to have the option of the original graphics and the new as the original were already available in the first release, so would be simple to implement an option I would imagine

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    The game is now broken on ipad 2's.

is there a fix coming?

3. SUPE

SUPE Member

Oct 24, 2012
    iPad2

If you are having problems with the iPad 2 could you email us at [email protected]? We tested the app on iPad 2 and iPad 3. Trying to get more information from you.

Thanks

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Why does the game require iOS 6 now?

5. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #105 Trevor, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    I was waiting for the first bug fix update to buy this game, but the news of the updated graphics is giving me pause. I think Gurney a few posts back has nailed what my thoughts would be. Please bring the original graphics back.

6. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Just tried deleting it and re-downloading it. No joy, still crashes :(

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I've tried the same and hard reset and it still just crashes at the loading screen after trying to start a new game. This game is currently in crash city on an ipad mini.

8. SUPE

SUPE Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Dungeon Masters

Hello everyone, and thanks again for the feedback. We are working on an iPad mini fix and that should be out soon.

Also we hear loud and clear that you want the classic hero graphics and that will be updated shortly. Sorry to mess with your game. No one likes New Coke!

We are still looking for more testers for the iPhone version and if you would like to test, please email us at [email protected]

Thanks again

SUPE

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #109 undeadcow, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Send email about iPhone testing; thank you in advance for any consideration!

Glad to see the developer here and hear news of small screen support!

10. Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I work
    Home
    Thank you SUPE rep for being on the forum. I have a mini and have the crash at the very beginning like others. I would be upset, but seeing you here communicating with us puts me at ease. Wish more developers were more "hands on" like you guys....

Thanks again!

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    This is the third time I'm asking the same question, can you please clarify: is the iOS 6 requirement here to stay or will it be lowered?

12. SUPE

SUPE Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Dungeon Masters

Sorry we missed your question on iOS6, it was not intentional.

We will try to make sure 2.0 works with both iOS 5 and iOS 6. Not sure if this is possible, Apple insists that the app works with iOS 6.1 (or newer). If we can get it past testing in 6 and 5 we will update you.

Thanks again

13. SUPE

SUPE Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Thanks again, sorry for the issue with the iPad mini. We really didn't test with it. We will have this tested in 2.0

As you can tell, we really loved this game and want to make this playable on as may systems as possible.

14. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Gather there is no option selection to turn off sound, etc??

15. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    ORIGINAL graphics at a higher resolution would be nice :)

16. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    In the original release I came across a full page of options to make adjustments, can't seem to find it now, is it still there and how do you get it up?

17. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    SUPE,

Firstly, thank you for your quick reply to the feedback in the forum. I really want to see this classic fully realized on iOS, and if this is done right, I believe this may be the sweetest moment in iOS gaming for me since I picked up the platform with the iPhone 3G. Honestly, this game is that good ~_~.

This is great to hear you guys have love for this classic and are actively working to refine the experience. I see this quickly becoming my number one recommended title. I say this as owner of over 300 iOS games including all but a handful of the top titles^_^!!

I was really enjoying the experience of the first release (sans bugs of course). I like what GaZ-Oid was saying about original art and textures, but with a higher resolution option. I also request this feature as the original artwork and textures are just a really big part of the nostalgic experience.

(I am thinking something like what was done with the 20th anniversay remake of Another World. Giving options for both Classic, and High Resolution. With more detailed art, but in a similar style.)

I am also visualizing what may be done to streamline the touchscreen interface. Maybe something like all the characters grouped into a square of four (replace the positional colored icons with the characters themselves, accessing character menus and determining position in the group by character icon placement.) Put this on the sidebar above the directional controls and the attack/spell casting menu interface.

This could enable an enlarged gameplay display area ala Legends of Grimrock.

Keep up the good work! Just adding my 5-Star to App Store in support of your feedback. I hope to see more features and improvements yet to come!

18. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Anyone having problems opening chests since the update??? I put them in my right hand but nothing is happening, I'm using ipad 3

19. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I am also unable to access contents of chest after update. Even from a save where I had already put a ton of food in the chest. I now cannot put anything in or take anything out (I am holding the chest over the eye icon and then using another finger to try to move contents as I had been doing before.)

I also experienced a crash to home screen just now when entering the "Creature Chamber" in the "Choose your door, choose your fate" room.

20. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    My ipad2 won't even play it since the update :(