iPhone Dungeon Myths - 3D 1st person dungeon crawler/RPG in the spirit of Lands of Lore

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FancyFactory, Feb 24, 2013.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    If you ask me, it sounds like you need to find a programmer to buddy up with, and setup a Kickstarter page to fund it. :D I'd definitely pay good money for a game like this! :)

Although, I feel bad that we got WAY off topic. We really should get back on track. :)

2. Hi Axel,

you will get used to sacrificing your dream to the audience (aka money) ;-)

Good luck with your game
    Kind regards
    Mario

3. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    #83 FancyFactory, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013

4. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    What happened to the Kickstarter link? I was going to donate just now, and saw that your post had been edited to remove it. :(

5. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Thanks for your intention! It was a Indiegogo link. However, I decided to cancel that campaign as the reaction seemed very low. I will try to setup a new campaign on Kickstarter. But that is a little bit problematic for a German company like us. Well, we will see...

6. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Although it's my first post in this thread, I've been following it for a while now. I'm very interested in this game, so are there any news? It's been 2 months without news and it might not be a bad time to give hints as to where it is headed.

7. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

Sadly the project is "on hold". The simple explanation for this is the lack of funds to continue the development. Hopefully this will change in the near future, but at this time its not possible. That's business I guess. :(

8. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    Damn... This is the kind of game I'd purchase Day 1 :(

The genre doesn't have too many representatives on the App Store.

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Stupid question, if funding is an issue, why not create a Kickstarter to raise the money needed? I'd LOVE to see this game released! :D

10. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    He said something about possible legal issues. It's not like he doesn't want to, he seemed as excited as an 8 year old with the prospect of receiving his long desired toy for Christmas. Too bad there are things in the way of this, as he is certainly not the only one interested in a quality game like that.

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    And there goes another game...... showing awesome graphs, and then either it gets canceled or on Hold...

12. ponyboy

ponyboy Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Agreed. Was also looking forward to this one.

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Any new updates on this? Last I'd heard, funding was the primary issue. Here's hoping that it's still in production! :D