Dungeon Nightmares first person horror game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kmonkey, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmonkey

kmonkey Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I would like to hear feedback from testers to see how it feels instead of revealing all the mechanics behind it ;)

2. sr388

sr388 Member

Dec 29, 2013
    well,I have registered in this web because i found it locking information about Forgotten memories (also waiting this good horror game), and I cant avoid see upcoming games, like this thread, so I have just joined to the beta test group, and I hope can be one tester of this promising game. I become a fan of this web, and this game. Good work Kmonkey

3. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I've just updated the beta members list so please check your Testflight for the latest beta build.

Let me know how it goes, thanks!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You've made a terrible mistake D:

5. sr388

sr388 Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #85 sr388, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Thanks man, I have just played for a while, and it is very good game, it remembers me to amnesia (It cant be avoided see the influence of that game in this) which is nice. Also there are many times that I almost scream when I saw something similar to Dementium 2 monster. By the way, the feature of the skeletons that move when you arent looking at them it is almost like the angels of Doctor Who, a very good wink (I dont know if in english it is said like this) to that serie.

Now talking like a tester, there are a few things I want to mark:
    • The speed of the player should be a little more faster (just a little)
    • When you are using a candle would be useful see the amount of candle that reamin, for example making that the icon of the candle go vanishing, in that way the screen still clean of more icons
    • The pad of movement should disappear for the screen, to improve the view
    • Maybe when you are out of candles, there would be an auto-rechargeable candle, just to you can see some better just to find more candles

And for now this is all. I have to play more time, later, but for now I like what I see. Very good work Kmonkey (sorry for my english)

Jajaja I guess you say this for the amount of time that everyone can spend here without realize of the time, isn't it?

6. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Glad you got to try it!

7. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I was jus alerted to a problem on iPhone 5 (possibly others too).

On my iPhone 4, there is a visible number next to the candle showing you how many you have left. Also there is text below the Map icon saying "VIEW MAP".

[​IMG]

However, on the iPhone 5 this was not visible and just had the icon graphic.

Does anyone else have this problem? also what device are you using?

8. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Happy New Year

Released a new build with some new things :)

Have fun! :eek:

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh boy, I can't wait to peer into hell....

10. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
  11. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I just played it again yesterday and was happy to see that the game improved a lot since I last played it (about 2 weeks ago). The rooms are less empty, the gameplay is smooth (but I am having problems running) and there are more enemies (but I still didn't die a single time). I had one living dead running after me (which actually scared me), but I still don't know how to get ride of that skeleton and why I didn't die after being attacked a few times.
    So how to I walk and how do I run? This has to be fixed as I ended up running when I didn't want and walking when I wanted to run. I also had to few candles, really too few, so I could only walk in the dark. Adding a few more items to pick up would be great, like a torch light (with let say no so much battery).
    Overall, good job you did ^^

12. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Thanks for the feedback!

Glad you come back for another test :) the way the running works is by Double Tapping the left stick (but hold the second tap). I actually think it works quite good without the need of another button on screen. However, I implemented a stamina meter that will force you to rest if you burn it up. It will take a second or two to get enough for another burst.

I actually want it to be dark. Not too sure if adding more light will be a wise move but I will see what others say :)

To fully die, it depends on which Night you are playing on. Early nights may take about 3 hits or so. However, if you manage to recharge your health without getting hits (the red glow around the screen will fade away), it will require the full number of hits to die.

I do want to add more variation in the pickups and have some ideas about "Artifacts".

13. Dr. Woodenstein

Dr. Woodenstein Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I don't have time to post any feedback at the moment, but i did want to ask a question. When I first started beta testing this I mentioned that the woman in the white gown would be creepier if she did more things and you said you liked that idea. Are you still planning on trying to work on that?

14. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I put myself forward as a beta tester because I'm a massive wuss. I kind of figured most people that would apply for this would be of a less nervous disposition so maybe the opinion of someone like me might be useful.

I did have one issue with a skeleton following my that got stuck in a door t it quickly resolved itself - more of an aesthetic issue than a gameplay breaker. Other than that, it's been smooth.

I have to agree that more candles would be a great idea, but probably not for the reason most people would think. I genuinely found the game scarier when the environment was illuminated and I could see what was happening. I'm sure I wandered into a few rooms in utter darkness and missed a few scares because I just couldn't see them.

I will get back to playing but I opened a door and found something. Definitely a figure more corporeal than the ghosts and spirits I've encountered so far and I just smashed the Home button so congrats on that...I think!

15. Lowlifemalakye

Lowlifemalakye Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Ok so I just made it to night six.
    It's looking really good man I love the steaming pipes.
    But I still feel like there should be more of an incentive to collect the gold, maybe extra candles or idunno but as it is I feel like when I see gold I'm just like ok who cares where's the candles.

Also will this be the only dungeon in the final build or will there be others? Just curious about that.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    ... Ditto.

17. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I do like this idea but not sure if this will get in with the first release. I do have plans though (creating one right now) to use this woman in more "events" though ;)

Thanks for all this feedback as it will all be helpful.

18. Lowlifemalakye

Dec 15, 2013
    How about the more gold you collect the shorter distance you can run, but the exit is in closer proximity kind of a risk and reward?

19. Lowlifemalakye

Dec 15, 2013
    And maybe with artifacts you could make it so you have to find a certain number before the exit opens.

20. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    I actualy had this idea as well but dropped it due to still giving no meaing of the gold collecting in the end.

Yup, this was my original intention of the Artifacts. Each night has one item relating to the "story" and will allow you to exit with it in hand.