Universal Dungeon Plunder by Dominic Duchesne (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    They're only unlockable through IAP, though I'd recommend grabbing one if you see one you like - I did with the Ranger and now it's my main class (with rogue as second). But yeah, IAP only. Glad to see another newbie, welcome to an awesome game! I'm jealous you got to 7 in your first playthrough, pretty sure I died around level 3 on mine. :p

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Guess I'll be purchasing that platinum edition then

3. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Two questions:

When increasing the defense stat, it says that it has diminishing returns "at higher levels". I'm level 7 right now, am I at "higher" or will increasing that stat still help as much?

Also, I was wondering if there was a bonus when the entire screen was reels for that class. Such as 3 bows and 2 paws for Ranger, or a dagger and 4 potions for rogue, etc. I know there's a bonus in gold for getting all of one reel, but wanted to ask about that one just in case it existed. If not.. maybe a future update? :) Could be nifty.

Still haven't gotten passed my top level - 7 - but I feel like I'm getting in The Zone with my Ranger and can finally use the abilities as best as I can.

Oh, and a third question - for those who have the Monk class (either from purchasing it or the platinum edition), do you like it? What is it like? It doesn't pop out at me, but I've actually enjoyed all the classes I've played - warrior & monk are the two I haven't tried yet.

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You can increase the stat and just see how much it goes up. And then if you don't want to spend points on that you can subtract them before you commit.

5. Version 1.20 has just been approved by Apple:

Thank you for purchasing Dungeon Plunder.

6. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    New update is out but looks like there is a bug with the ranger defense. I have a level 5 ranger, apparently now with a defense of 561. I appreciate the help, but the game is much less fun this way!

My level 18 mage does not have this problem.

7. HurrricaneDitka

Jul 13, 2011
    Same problem, lvl 19 Ranger now starts with 2600 defense.

8. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Crap, yup. I wish I had read this before updating. I was planning on sitting down with my ranger and trying to beat it tonight, but I don't want to do it on ez-mode. I suppose I could transfer my files back to my iPhone and play it there on 1.19...doh.

9. Well I'm very sorry about this :(

I pulled it off the store, fixed it and will request an emergency review.

10. It only affect rangers btw so you can play the other classes meanwhile.

I'll get in touch with Apple on the phone to see if we could get this approved by the end of the day hopefully.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    No big deal. Waiting a couple days for the fix'll give me time to play as the Warrior. Is the Life Scroll glitch fixed in this update? Not that I ever utilized it, mind you.

12. Yes it should be fine now.

13. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    NoooOOOOoOoOooooOoo!!!

Ok, I'm officially syncing 1.19 back on tonight.

:)

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    C'mon, man. Go hardcore or go home!! :)

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game just keeps getting better. Is there an ending or is it endless?

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    There is an ending, though only a select few have beaten it. I assume. You fight a supposedly badass superdemon at the end of Level 20 (though I believe you can now level up to 21 before facing him).

17. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm just teasing. I've put so much time into it that there is no way I can cheap out now. I have to beat it the way it was intended. kind of bummed I can't work on my ranger now, but it doesn't sound like it will be a very long wait.

18. Newsflash: Apple delivered :)

1.21 Update is being propagated to stores and should be up for grabs soon.

19. I added a poll on the game's website where you can choose up to 3 features that you'd like to see in Dungeon Plunder's future updates.

http://www.dungeonplunder.com

Thanks for participating.

20. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Voted for alternate movement for iPads , that is a must for me.
    Others are character screen and dungeon props that would make dungeons more "scary" and unique experience.
    If I wasn't on iPad probably would have voted for more special encounters instead of alternate movement.
    Wasn't it announced that dice is coming soon anyway, so making all new custom cards from scratch for everything is kinda pointless ?