Dungeon Plunder - Old-school Isometric Dungeon Crawling RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DungeonPlunder, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for your interest!

It'll be released the first wednesday following approval.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'd be interested in hearing more about this. I normally lose interest in roguelikes after a couple runs, mainly because I don't care much for high scores (yes, I understand that the standard roguelike is just not for me). The concept of a legacy system has me really intrigued though. It sounds like fun to have each new character improve ever so slightly from the deeds of his predecessors.

3. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    How about "Dungn Plndr"? I admit every abbreviation that fits is less than ideal. But "Dgn" could be anything (Dragon?). Maybe if Ubisoft has made Dgn a recognizable abbreviation to many people, then it's better than I thought. Given you've made your launch choice, it's probably best to stick with it.

4. Ubisoft actually named it D Hunter 3 if I remember (don't have it installed atm) - what I meant that they chose to abbreviate the first word rather than the second. But yeah abbreviations aren't ideal no matter how you twist them. I'll probably run with Dungeon Plun or Plnd in the future to address the search need.

5. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    If you're typing into the search box on your iPhone, it matches the full name of the app rather than the abbreviated name, anyway.

6. #66 DungeonPlunder, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah that's exactly the idea there Dazarath. At first my design had both a classic perma-death mode and another where you respawned at the last shop visited with a gold penalty but I figured a way to merge both together.

Every run, even if you fail, will inch you closer to the end goal. You'll get an amount of gold, keep a number of your old magical items, unlock magical runes providing benefits to all your characters and get life scrolls that can heal you mid-fight.

You can also unlock a higher starting level if you died at a high level.

Note: There's also a separate set achievements and leaderboards if you refuse to start at that higher level and tick off the option box. I called it marathon mode. It's totally optional though but provides an interesting challenge. Higher levels are separate by class as well so if you unlock a level 5 start for the warrior you'll still have to start at level 1 for the other classes that you haven't played yet.

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just wanted to stop in and say this game looks and sounds amazing, I can't wait to pick it up day one.

8. deadlyfishes

deadlyfishes New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dungeon Plunder: Official Soundtrack - Now available!

Hey guys! Matthew Pablo here, the composer from the game Dungeon Plunder! I am happy to announce that the official soundtrack is now available on iTunes! Feel free to listen to the samples of the music I composed for Dungeon Plunder.

You can check it out here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dungeon-plunder-original-soundtrack/id607245468

It was an amazing experience to compose music for this awesome old-school dungeon crawler. I actually found myself addicted to some of the earlier builds when I was testing the music with the game. Very excited for the official release!

Hope you guys enjoy the music!

9. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    What an awesome thread to find (yet again because of a comment in another thread by UndeadCow).

What a lovely thing to discover so close to release ! Glad I didn't spot this thread earlier or I'd be in agony waiting by now ! Lol

I'm guessing it might be approved in time for this coming Wednesday. If not the Weds after.

Dev seems like a communicative and jolly decent sort overall so I wouldn't be surprised if we get tipped off in this thread once Apple has done the necessary.

If it does go another week I'll be in an agony of anticipation like the rest of you guys !

10. Thanks for the interest.

I doubt I'll have it approved in time tomorrow so, yeah, one more week to go ;) I'll let you all know once the approval is a done deal.

I also should have a trailer done by the end of the week.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    1. Roguelike Gaming
    2. Randomized Maps
    3. Complex/Strategic Combat
    4. Innovative Inheritance/Legacy System
    5. Appealing Pixel Art
    6. Multiple Unique Character Classes (With More In Development)
    7. No IAP
    8. Soundtrack Epic Enough to Stand Alone in iTunes
    9. Diverse World Environments
    10. Character Level Up Customization

Is it next Wednesday yet?

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    pretty much my perfect iOS game.
    need to get my hands on this now.

13. CosmicKitty

CosmicKitty New Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Artist
    Texas
    I've worked on a lot of games and I'm ridiculously excited about the release of this one.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Did Dungeon Plunder suck in Apple's approver? Do you think he'll look up anytime soon to give a thumbs up? Any news?

That trailer is artfully constructed!

15. #76 DungeonPlunder, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    No news sorry and I'm about to get a call from my ISP for stealing bandwidth as I refresh my email too much!

Full disclosure though: I resubmitted sunday as I had a doubt that the iTunes download link for the album in the credits (11.13 Apps that link to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the App, such as a “buy” button that goes to a web site to purchase a digital book, will be rejected) would be cause for rejection but it shouldn't delay by more than a day. I expect a response by friday or monday.

I also changed the app name to "Dungeon Plun" at that time ;)

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So what would be the day for you to flip the switch? On approval? Next week? I am eager to play

17. The first wednesday following approval, so if I get it by next week (odds are it will be the case) it'd be March 6th.

18. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I think I could like this game, please support Retina for iPad!

19. #80 DungeonPlunder, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    You think you'll like it? I'm SURE you will like it! ;)

The game is set in retina mode for the iPad retina models so you will get non-pixelated fonts etc. but tbh not 100% of the support art has been done to take full advantage of the iPad Retina due to the sheer amount of tiles and monsters involved and because I wanted to keep the download size below 50 megs with all the soundtracks etc. Retina iPod Touches and iPhones however have 100% retina art, regular iPads and iPad Minis have 100% appropriately sized art as well.

Don't let that stop you though: graphics still do look very sharp as I can attest on my "Was New For Not So Long iPad 3" at home and it's a visual treat to play on it. It definitely doesn't look like a 1970s game rest assured.