Universal Dungeon Survival (by Frozenfrog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Avaniar, Dec 1, 2017.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    this is the closest thing to iphone DD you can get. I have it. Know that it is
    1) without the stress mechanic (personally i like this but its not as hardcore as DD)
    2) the targeting is done per ability and not controlled by the player (personally neutral change, just needs different strategy)
    3) you can ressurect character with gems (the iap currency
    4) there is iap currency but it is for “cheats” like character res that DD doesnt allow
    5) the art is REALLY similar to borderline infringement. (personally i have no problem with this since they arent bringing DD to iphone, and since i re-bought DD for ipad it has been gathering dust)

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I made a thread for this earlier but looks like the mods didn't see it.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have no ipad so i just bought it, looks like a DD copy for most part and I am okay with that since DD is ipad only but doesn't this mean that DD could work on phones personally I think it does but either way when a dev says this wont work and someone else basically does it I can support it and not feel bad about it at all
    if DD was already on phones i would not support something like this

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    same here Dailon - but why isnt this on the games forum and is in general instead?

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It was listed under new games earlier today but this game has been out close to 7 months according to its update history but I could be wrong it’s been getting updates and the reviews are good and don’t seem fake
    There Are gameplay videos as well
    I’m loving it so far :)
    Maybe not listed because it’s considered a clone and TA doesn’t like those but that’s a guess I have no idea
    I can only say I bought and I like it no regrets yet

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Can anyone who owns this app kindly try to see if it works offline? I want to pick it up but I want to confirm it works offline first.

7. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    plays fine in my airplane mode

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It plays for me offline

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
  10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    why it's only 70mb?

hate when games have later assets downloads 'cause in case devs decide to close servers the game is dead if not installed in some device, is this the case?

11. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    It’s less than $1. What’s the big problem. It’s a solid game. Less that a small bottle of water. Ffs

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I don’t recall it downloading anything post purchase. It’s a 2d game not a lot of textures. 70mb makes sense to me.

13. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Well

Technically I started this thread with just asking if someone knew this was around because i'm a blind bat when it comes to forum posts and new games and it just spun from there.
    But the mods really should put it in the game threads lol

14. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #34 Gwarmaxx, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018

yeah i know, looking back at the old standards makes sense also to me, but today even the most stupid 2d platform takes at least 200mb on disk, and if you check i.e. Darkest Dungeon, you can see it takes 600mb installed... so, where's the difference? should i assume DS is a joke compared to DD?

anyway, is not only a matter of 2D/3D, often in today iOS standards a game under the 100mb on disk could be very playable and enjoyable, but it's surely nice and short or a bit longer but repetitive, that's the pattern, the art of programming is based on maths, not magic... so i.e. a Symphony of the Night on iOS could never be under 600/700mb+ installed, just because of grafx, size of the map and especially the enormously beautiful OST.

said this, i've already bought this one and i'm enjoying it, despite its clearly ftp structure, very far from DD sophistication though... that's where the missing mb are! ;)

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    This might be the best game I have ever paid one dollar for
    The more I play it the more I like it
    I get it’s not quite DD but it’s a dollar and at that price this game is a steal
    I can see myself keeping this on my device for a long time

16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #36 Gwarmaxx, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018

hey Dailon, have any trick to move on in this game?

i'm stuck in the city with all my 8 lev.4 characters seriously wounded (it is impossible to complete/exit a dungeon, also the easiest ones, without serious wounds in each character) and only half of them resting at the inn 'cause i'm ran out of money paying the expensive inn bills... there was no choice.. now not even can grind for a while in search of money 'cause also the easiest dungeon is deadly in this conditions, and the recovery days/time for those in the inn doesn't roll by until i adventuring somewhere with someone else... and there's not even a simple option to speed up time, unbelievable!!!

can you tell me htf i get out of this perverse game system without IAPs?

doesn't seem very funny to me ;)

17. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #37 Son of Anarchy, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Do you earn enough 'gems' or whatever the premium currency is just by playing?

@Gwarmaxx above... I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't think so? ##

18. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

i've just replayed the first two dungeons (lev. 1&2) 10 times each to loot something and recover some HPs with the help of my priest. :(

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    yes it was fun until I hit a paywall more or less... the resting players amounts to stamina and has ruined the game for me a $1 FTP game :( I'm pissed because outside of this it's a great game wonder if we can get word to the dev of this game that this is bs

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I've gotten really far before I kinda lost interest but my trick was to bring double healers or two people that can heal. Once I got the hang of battles, I was able to just continually use my A team for 90% of all my dungeon runs and didn't even have to worry about them being too injured to dungeon crawl.

Nonetheless, Darkest Dungeon is supposed to be a hard game so maybe that's the point.