Universal Dungeon Survival (by Frozenfrog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Avaniar, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
    Twice now I’ve had 100% completion but no badge top left, so I have to be penalized if I leave.
    I guess there might be something left to do, but since I cant see the quest conditions, or any other facts to do with this, I dont know.
    Death House floor 2 this is.

2. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    iPhone X ??

Anybody else have an iPhone X and this game? I purchased it and the game crashes to desktop. Did a reinstall and reboot and same issue. It will not launch.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Question is this X optimized?

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Could not have said it better myself.
    In my case I'm getting too old to devote months to playing one game like I used to. I just don't expect to be around for a lot longer.
    I also buy any premium tactical/rpg/turn based strategy/stuff on mobile that I see, because even if I only get an hour or two of enjoyment, the price was worth it and I am supporting a business model on mobile that I hope stays around.

In regards to Dungeon Survival.... I am finding this to be a far more friendlier game for me to play than Darkest Dungeon (the similarities cannot be ignored). But while the complexities of Darkest Dungeon have been removed, there is still enough tactical decision making and opportunities for a mission failure to satisfy my somewhat muddled brain matter.

The game has been widely criticised on the net (some justified, some just elitist ranting) about the game being a ripoff of the Darkest Dungeon game and the devs are out to make a quick dollar or Renminbi. However the game has been supported by the devs as proved by their update history so I feel that criticism is not justified.

In my opinion Dungeon Survival is the Darkest Dungeon game that I wanted to play on my iPad........ after I actually downloaded and played the Darkest Dungeon game.

eugenemcardle likes this.
  5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #65 Talbs, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Been playing this, well not a lot but a fair little bit lately just to see if it could substitute darkest dungeon for me. I’m not here to criticise that it’s a darkest dungeon rip off. I’m quite glad some dev has got the kahunas to have a go at making a similar game and let it be on iPhone. However if I were to compare, then I’d say this game is like, I don’t know, maybe 30% of what darkest dungeon is.

It’s basically the darkest dungeon premise but stripped right down bare, and as I’ve now found in some plays “lol-able” broken. Buy just the 3rd “dungeon” (which aren’t very long). And no I don’t mean location, I mean dungeon. (There’s like 6 or so locations, each with about 7 dungeons or so in each. Buy the 3rd dungeon only, you meet a boss which is clearly just loaded in health just to force the grind, and get you thinking about that iap. It’s so obvious. I’ve been playing this game with my brain a bit switched off, so I managed to wipe like 6 of my 8 or so characters down to near zero health just in two visits to that dungeon 3 boss. And in this game health stays between dungeons (where as in DD stress is always present but health renews). Anyway, wiped a whole bunch of dudes down to no health and there for needed to heal them. Well guess what, you can heal them in town but it’ll cost ya!! It’ll cost ya a tonne of in game gold (real world purchasable of course). Which means grinding the heck out of just like the first 2 boring 2 to 3 fight dungeons to slowly earn paper run pocket money, over and over and over again. I started to do this because I didn’t really want to start hiring level ones (because something broken that I’ve found is that musketeers in position 3 and 4 is completely OP in most dungeon fights except of course the dungeon 3 boss, so anyway, I didn’t really want to take on newbies because of wanting to just stick with the OP musketeers and my already levelled other dudes). Anyway, so what I’ve found is, instead of checking my guys in to the expensive and tedious hospital in town....instead just take 2 healers (priest) in position 3 amd 4 and the dudes that you want to heal in position 1 and 2 in to dungeon 1. Those dudes should be able to dish out a normal attack though. Dungeon one is just a 2 fight dungeon and the enemies are very weak. So just keep going in there and healing up over and over. You can also stall the fight and just heal by getting the enemy formation down to one guy and just passing your attacks but using the healers. It’s lolably broken. Can completely avoid the hospital this way. DD on the other hand, while having broken aspects, they are much more intricate and deep to find. I found this here little in game hack in dungeon survival within about an hour. This game actually has me more intrigued to working out the nuances and oddities of the games bugs then to actually play it and “enjoy the grind”. The grind totally frustrates me and it’s evident from very very early on and iap’s are there’s to solve that. But recognising the straight road with a few bends to which the developers have programmed this is lolable and like almost intriguing.

The equipment aspect of this game is so throwawayable. The game makes it easier for you by basically giving you a one click solution to equipping your guys when they find loot. So much so you don’t even need to check the loot. It’s merely part of making your guys stronger in order to pass the next dungeon. It’s much much more that then it is to facilitate any synergies like it is in DD. That’s just one example of how this game is just a super duper light to almost totally broken DD.

To now I’m still not sure what to make of it lol. But I’ll play on a little while longer and see. I definitely support having this game on iPhone because why not. But it’s a fair way off having the interesting game play of DD, even on a lighter level.