Universal Dwarven Den™ - The Mining Puzzle Game - (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 26, 2014.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, so if I'm starting 11 with 17 energy and 14 power via an iron hammer (via a LOT of farming) I don't come even close to being able to clear that first area of 11. Unless there's a way to upgrade with gold or something else I'm missing I can't see me moving on anytime soon. Baffling.

2. Binocious

Binocious New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Tried it with Iron Hammer and 17 energy with -25% tech (radar backpack). Bomb only the hard rocks, if roof collapses bomb it also. Prioritize to reach your goal first. There are energy crystals distributed along the way if you keep on digging.

Finished it with 35 energy and 25 tech.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Energy and power aren't relevant - you need to bomb the rocks.

There are 4 tech crystals right at the start, so the amount of tech you start with is also irrelevant.

4. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks guys. I found that bringing the ceiling down was resulting in even more work (energy) but I guess I should have just kept bombing. Yes I did know of those tech crystals. As it happens, I just farmed my way to a Screw Pick with 50% crit, which was just enough to get me through that first rock field with a couple bombs. After that it's a piece of cake.

Still wondering how gold based upgrading works, unless it starts at a later level.

5. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    If you have a Keg Hammer, something that can help is that at the first corridor, mine out one block, then bomb the rest.
    Also, avoid using bombs near Pillars. Destroying one moves your floor's Stability by nearly half the entire gauge. Really painful stuff if you happen to break a pillar.

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks. I'm through and everything has been easy since. I was just being dumb thinking that I couldn't tip the stability scale. It just resets and you bomb your way out, I now know. Duh.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #87 Cilo, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    It starts at a later level, can't remember which. I think you could've passed that level also with the shovel pick, pretty sure I passed it with that the tool the first time.

The thing that's weird is when we had 200 guild members the reward was 15 gems. We are now up to 500+ and yet the reward is still 15 gems lol. I thought the rewards were supposed to get better with a larger guild?

8. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    I was first afraid that tipping stability meant game over as well, lmao.

Does certainly make things harder if you happen to be crushed by one of the blocks. Had that happen to me. Penalty for that is –10 Energy.

9. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, and I'm sure the more people the more stars you need. Today's guild level was fun though.

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That's exactly why I was avoiding bombing. One fell and killed me so I figured I'd best not do that again!

11. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    I completely screwed up today's level. I didn't realise that you only got one attempt at it.

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Woah. Didn't know that either!

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    FYI to anyone behind me, it's level 21 when you can begin upgrading equipment with gold.

14. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Having lots of fun with this game. Great time waster. I've noticed that it seems to get harder as you progress through more and more levels. I'm currently at level 20 or so and am starting to struggle getting through the levels. Some don't give you any indication of the end or where the gold is.

I will definitely keep playing. Well designed game.

15. Binocious

Binocious New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Farm for gold then upgrade your digging tool or get the secret pick from level 18. It is power 33 and costs 165 each.

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Looks like the TA guild killed it again with more than enough time to spare.

17. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, haha. TA forever.

18. Spaztika

Spaztika Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Ontario
    Has anyone been able to find the last chest on level 40? I see an area in the top right that I can't dig to.

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This is a terrific little puck me up and play game. It's got everything. I like the way new options are introduced. This us a must have and a definite 5/5 . IAP isn't forced on you either. I might buy some to support the dev because devs have hotta eat to. I'm just thinking whether I'll buy him a Big Mac or French fries!!

20. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Okay. I'll try that. Should help me. The secret pick? What ones that?