Egg vs Chicken is FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by crex, Jun 16, 2011.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Pro tip for Mac screenshots... shift+cmd+4 :)

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Holy shit, that's what that cursor thing was. That's awesome. Thanks, I'll remember that next time. Cropped screenshots without having to crop xD. Still haven't took the time to look up all the hotkeys :eek:.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    If it takes up 300 MB and recent reviews have complained that it's turned obsessively to IAP (which those who actually purchased it have a right to complain about), then I'm debating whether I want to clear the space for this.

4. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Iap

I hadn't played this since the last update (having bought the game long ago) and it appears that they added ads and a bunch of IAP. I never noticed the IAP before (or maybe I just didn't get far enough to notice)....so, DELETED.

The actual gameplay is pretty fun for those who are so inclined, though.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, I mentioned that in the game's topic. I knew it was gonna annoy people but since I got the game for free, personally I can overlook it as the gameplay appears quite fun. Definitely a risky business move though, especially since this sale isn't even permanent so people are going to start paying only to be faced with an advertisement on the main menu and a bunch of IAPs.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The iAP doesn't change anything though...you can still play the game like you would have before the update. It's a fun little defense game. It's better than all of their time management games at least. Well, maybe not Diner Dash.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Including the level unlocking? There's no way I'm even gonna have half the number of coins needed by the time I finish the current level sets.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That wasn't there before the update though...people are still getting what they paid for. The devs never promised more levels or anything like that. The update just came out.

9. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    The game is good...very good even, but like many others, I can't give a game this "small" 300MB of space on my iPhone.

I can't figure out what the game is doing that makes it that big...pretty simple little puzzle/defense game.

10. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    definitely. good game, but bang-for-your-megs ratio is pretty bad. the only thing that was worse than this for me was galaga 30th collection which has a download size of 130mb (but at least in galaga's case, you knew what the devs spent the megs on -- the big intro movie).

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Yep, good game but in my case I saw myself got bored after about 15 levels! :eek:

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Galaga's intro movie clocks in at 32MB. What's huge are all the retina & iPad (@2x) full-screen images, mostly for the store in different languages. :(

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I see... well either way I'm not buying the IAP so if the unlocking becomes tedious the game gets deleted :p

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Same.

15. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I already deleted this game. Made it to the second world and it gets way to hard. Trust me your gonna have to buy IAP's.

16. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Public Service Announcement:

This is now 107MB on your device...perhaps no longer a laughing stock.

17. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #37 EfratBarTal, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
    whow! now that's more like it. thanks for the info, chess. and thanks to the developers for trimming this down because the previous footprint was dinosauric. will re-download for a second go. :D

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For those who like this game, but want something smaller Pumpkins vs. Monsters is very similar and I think clocks in around 10 mb.

19. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Yeah, that's about right. Unfortunately, I'm red green colorblind, and the pumpkins look too much alike. :( It's also not free but was a little bit ago.

I was just scrolling through my apps in the synch menu and noticed this one had shrunk to an almost rational size, so I put it back on my iPhone, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You mean 128! :D