Universal EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap (by DMM.com Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 3, 2017.

1. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Does this game save automatically? Can't find any save buttons so I'm assuming yes?

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Is there a speed adjustment for movement on the field? In the video linked in the TA release article, the camera movement is really abrupt and jerky. I think it would make me nauseous. But if that's sped up, normal might be fine.

3. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Someone mentioned transferring your progress. Is it an actual transfer or a sync? After the initial sync/transfer, if I am playing in one device, then save, can I immediately continue on the other device?

Sync usually utilizes cloud saves to keep all connected devices up to date, while transfers are sometimes one-way, meaning after the transfer the original device will no longer have the save (or not continue to be updated with future saves).

4. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    A few imps

I'll probably provoke some ire, but this game is too cutesy for me. It's very nicely produced, but it's just too sugary-sweet for my tastes. Also, the flow is a little disjointed and feels like a f2p to premium retrofit. It is a quality title tho.

5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So about the actual gameplay...
    Is there some deeper reason behind it that I'm missing, or is the dice roll and move mechanic really tedious?

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Anyone having crashing Issues? iPad mini 4, current iOS.

Like before launch?

7. Lady Libra

Lady Libra Member

May 25, 2017
    Wondering the same thing, actually. :)

8. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #28 Pagan Fox, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
    If anyone else is playing and wants to add me my ID is E052873615295 in game name Pagan.
    Have only had the hour yesterday when I posted some imps but hope to put more time into this gem over the weekend.
    Enjoy!

9. Lady Libra

Lady Libra Member

May 25, 2017
    I saw in the comments on Jared's article someone mention this:
    There are timers, energy, and energy refills at play. I'm two hours in and waiting on my companions' energy to regenerate.

Can someone give some more info on this? Are you really stuck waiting at certain points or can you do other things in the meantime?

10. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Online requirement aside, how are impressions of the game so far for those who took the plunge? Really digging the art style from the screenshots but how are the story and gameplay elements?

11. etienu

etienu Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'm not really concerned about the need for a constant internet connection. I'm more concerned the actual thing it's protecting: the timers. Can any early adopters comment on the nature of the timers? Is it like chaos rings 3, where you just wait a while for your magic to regenerate? Or is it like full on pay to continue or wait a la CoC?
    Also, if it's the former, is there a stupid separate currency (like chaos rings 3)?

12. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    The game certainly is fun and there's a lot of hard work that went into this, but why are the graphics so...blurry?

I mean playing on iPad I'm getting the two bars like the game wasn't optimized and the fonts are visibly blurred. Is it just me?

13. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I haven't seen anything that makes me believe there are timers or a second currency. The game description says, and I quote:
    EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap can be played in full with a one-off purchase.
    The online requirement may just be to gather player metrics, but I share the dislike of having to be connected to play - especially if it's a single player game.

14. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Best person to answer would be the chap who has played the JP version for a couple of months.
    The only waiting I've seen is on seeds/recipes etc but plenty else to do while you wait, and it's only10 mins a go.
    Companions have mana gauges which fill during combat, not sure about the energy thing, not seen that.
    If anything there is too much to do, which is great, it's just my memory isn't what it used to be hehe.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #35 Dailon80, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    The timers are only for your planting you know because when you plant things they don't grow instantly
    If anyone thinks these timers are a bad sign about this game they have not played this game
    You get plenty of an item that can kill the timers and make it instant and I have tons cuz I don't use them as the Timer is no bother
    Seriously people if you want to just make stuff up to hate this game about that's fine
    The only relevant complaint I have seen about this game is the connection I get that it's a premium and that's an oddity for a premium
    All other complaints I see on here are baseless and makes me wonder if the person has even played it
    And yes I'm the chap who has played it since the minute it hit the Japan App Store
    I wanted to add that i have spent tons on premium games over the years and this is one I 100% dont regret cant say that for some games

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Shinichi Kameoka is the artist responsible for the distinctive production art and imagery in the Mana series. He, along with Kouji Tsuda, is one of the two founders of Brownie Brown. He did the art on many classic RPGs, including Sword of Mana, Legend of Mana, Saga Frontier, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Secret of Mana.

Shinichi designed the characters for this game, just some info on who is behind this game and the pedigree of it
    this is why i had to get it day one in Japan I am a huge Mana fan!

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    How can one tell how old their account is?

Can someone briefly explain the combat system in this game to me? Looks tacticish turn-based judging from the pictures. I'm really close to buying this. Thanks!

18. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    You just roll a die and the better the number he better the damage. After you roll the die you attack or cast a spell and/or move.

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Man anyone else having issues with the in disguise weak lookin blobs kickin your butt? Sometimes they're just there or come out the fountain things and sometimes they're fairly easy and sometimes impossibly hard.

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    #40 dbagga84, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    There are some timers . The items to power up and evolve your spirits have all had 10 minute timers , no biggie it goes quick. Do a couple levels come back and bam , done! The timers for attracting new spirits start at what 5 or 10 minutes but it looks like they go up to 1+ days depending on food dish used to attract them. The companions you bring are only used to find gift, building, and food materials so even if you happen to get all your companions timers all the way down and can't bring any you can still do levels you just won't find as much stuff . There's also plenty of items for bypassing timers and refilling the companion timers if you actually need it, once you start unlocking more and more companions then need for that pretty much stops. There's no other timers or energy systems. You can play almost any level as much a you want there is a locked event level you open up with keys you find that opens it up for 30 minutes at a time. It's a good game it really is I just can't deal with the roided up blob things lol