Universal Elements Defender (Universal app by iJoy Group)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ivanmacheung, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there diffefent classes or anything? That would rock if u could be a warrior or something.

2. ivanmacheung

ivanmacheung Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    A million thanks to those kind words. That really encourages us.

Please rate us five star and and that keeps us working hard to bring free updates.

I somewhat agree with what you say about the title. Since we are not native English Speaker. Do you happen to have any suggestion about the game title? We will consider a change on the title.:D:D

3. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Dev, do you plan on doing a sale soon. Because I want to buy paid version but not only to be blindsided by a sale so quick after release

4. NlTEMUR

NlTEMUR Member

Jun 28, 2012
    So this is similar gameplay to dungeon defenders?

Also how is the loot sysyem or whatever if it even has any.

I loved dungeon defenders but i hated that the loot was what mattered. I dont want to see a big loot system. A very simple one would be cool with maybe simple perks but have a downside so there isnt 1 best set. thats what ruined the game for me. It wasnt skill or strategy it was getting good gear. I hope this doesnt turn into that and stay more about tactics and skill rather than getting the best gear and being over powered. If this gets multiplayer anytime ill be so happy!

5. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    No loot so no worries

6. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Don't have a big loot system. So you don't have to worry. Ours is a little simpler than Dungeon Defeneders.

Since it is free, there is nothing you will lose. At least have a try~!!

And let us know your thoughts about Elements Defender and the difference between this two games.

Leave some impression on the game if you decide to give it a try.:D:D

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Ivanmacheung ..I'm very happy for your success not only here on TA but in the iOS gaming circuit as well, when you gave me a sneak peak freemium code earlier last week I was blown away...as a avid iOS tester and gamer and big TD fan I must say there is nothing but positive things to say about this release...perhaps you guys and gals will add another main character in the mix...I'm intrigued to see where your creativity and updates go....EXCELLENT RELEASE and way to show off your new engine!!

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Just gave this game a shot. Really enjoying it. If you make enough money off of it you may wanna hire a translator because the English is REALLY bad. That only slightly deters my mind for a second and then the game just sucks me right back in. Looks great, plays great. Thoroughly enjoying this game. Very good work! Pat yourself on the back because I'm very critical of everything.

9. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Just buy it. Reward devs for putting their hard work into making good looking, fun and original titles. If it happens to go on sale later on then just think of your extra money spent as a generous donation.

10. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm almost at chapter V and here are my impressions.

PROS:
    -Smooth gameplay, easy controls
    -Pretty decent graphics
    -Lots of items, and enough upgrades to not complicate things much
    -Lots of potential (co-op, multiplayer, more levels and upgrades, etc.)
    -Combination of aRPG (like torchlight) and Tower Defense (like dungeon defenders)
    -Small file size (150ish MB installed) which is pretty good for a game like ED.

CONS:
    -Paid version has in app, where in you need to sign up to get it (hope it is removed, makes the game less premium)
    -Chapter IV starts to get harder, and would require you to start spending more gold/gems on items/upgrades/towers
    -No character customization
    -Would consider this double currency, gold and gems, but so far, no need for iAPS.

Overall, the 3.99 price tag is not that bad. Bit on a higher end, but nothing beats supporting a Dev that is dedicated and very involved with the community. The game indeed has lots of potential, and I hope the dev will listen to the comments to make the game more awesome.

11. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Hi Sanuku. We are just new here and don't know much about the rules here.

It would be nice of you if you could tell us why you posted the game trailer url again.:D:D

12. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Sanuku always post videos of the games he buy to show game impressions since some (or a lot) of devs do not show videos of the game. This way, people who are not sure with the game will get to see more in-depth video of the game.

EDIT: That is not a game trailer, but a capture of Sanuku playing the game.

13. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Yep. downloading a paid version will make you lose all the progress of free version.

We still have a lot of space to improve regarding the iap.

Thank you for your support and we will work hard on the next update.

Any comments about the game is highly appreciated.:D:D

14. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    Thank you tabs. Yes we are here to hear your comments. Would discuss with the team about your suggestion and fix the wrong parts and make it more awesome.

Comments are always welcomed, no mattet good or bad. Pros cheer us up and Cons help make the game better.

15. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    okay. That is so nice of Sanuku. :D:D Now that there is a playing-game trailer, I believe that the gamers will have a better understanding of Elements Defender.

:D:D

16. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    At the beginnig of game development, we just want to use one control----tap and attack.

But after hearing feedback from you guys, it seems that the manual dual stick control is the mainstream control way for this kind of action game.

We will consider adding dual stick control in the future update or future sequel. But it does need time to add this.

Nice advice.:D:D

17. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    Can't seem to get it to work on my iphone 4 =/

Loads up to the title menu then just instantly closes for me =/

18. ivanmacheung

Jun 15, 2012
    #59 ivanmacheung, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Yep. Will consider adding a warrior or something. :D:D

Great suggestion. Happy that you enjoyed the game.

19. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    This game is really a hidden gem! I would never have found it without the help of the TA app. Thank you to the devs for being active with the community too. Instabuy for me.